I know just enough about this stuff to be dangerous, but I think my BB Desktop just automatically updated my 9650 to 6.0? Maybe not, but it's showing that my "Current Version is 6.0 Bundle 850?'

I had just backed up my BB and was going to exit BB Desktop but a notice popped up saying that "an update is available for your device." So, I clicked on it and blammo there's BB OS 6 Version 280 and BB Desktop wants to know whether I'd like to update my device? Sure, what the heck!

I had previously hacked a 6.0 leak onto my BB and it was OK, but this one seems different. It's clearly a VzW version because there are multiple imbedded apps on the "ALL" screen, including VCast, NFL, Social Beat, Skype, Slacker and My Verizon.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether anyone else has found this, too?
    Last edited by msnflier; 11-12-10 at 10:25 PM.
    11-12-10 10:10 PM
    I know just enough about this stuff to be dangerous, but I think my BB Desktop just automatically updated my 9650 to 6.0? Maybe not, but it's showing that my "Current Version is 6.0 Bundle 850?'

I had just backed up my BB and was going to exit BB Desktop but a notice popped up saying that "an update is available for your device." So, I clicked on it and blammo there's BB OS 6 Version 280 and BB Desktop wants to know whether I'd like to update my device? Sure, what the heck!

I had previously hacked a 6.0 leak onto my BB and it was OK, but this one seems different. It's clearly a VzW version because there are multiple imbedded apps on the "ALL" screen, including VCast, NFL, Social Beat, Skype, Slacker and My Verizon.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether anyone else has found this, too?
    Not sure what's going on there, but 280 wouldn't be the verizon official release. To buggy and 6/333 is way better. The verizon apps your finding are on all the 6 versions I believe. I have them on 333 also. If you loaded it(280) on previously then your dm probably would find it
    11-12-10 11:14 PM
    cbreze is correct. If you previoisly loaded the OS on your computer the DM will find and recognize it. It appears the
    .280 is a VZW leak. As also mentioned, the .333 is better and could possibly be the "official 6" VZW rolls out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 06:51 AM
    Please don't let the .333 be official leak.

Random reboots are soooo annoying.

11-13-10 08:22 AM

I loaded the 357 java and haven't had a reboot yet. Hopefully this will last

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/96...-333-a-549003/
    11-13-10 08:49 AM

Yeah, must be, but I don't understand how some get the reboots and some of us do not. I've tried all the different 5 and 6 incarnations and have never had one. Is it possible something else is tying them together to a select few. Possibly an app thats not completely compatible with 6 or something else?
    Just sayin....'cause it's not completely across the board.
    11-13-10 09:02 AM

Agreed! 333 is not ready for primetime.
    We'll be getting another leak first anyway, I would think!
    333 leaks memory...
    11-13-10 09:52 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/96...-333-a-549003/
    RTS...I'm having a problem with a BIIIIIGGGGGG memory leak with 333.
    Have you noticed anything like that with the hybrid? This hybrid may be my next move.
    11-13-10 09:53 PM
    ===== QUOTE rts3k ====

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/9650-full-java-357-over-333-a-549003/

===== /QUOTE ====

RTS...I'm having a problem with a BIIIIIGGGGGG memory leak with 333.
    Have you noticed anything like that with the hybrid? This hybrid may be my next move.
    I haven't had any memory leaks on any of the OS 6 builds yet. I can confirm that the .357 java does run much better than .333 as far as speed is concerned though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-13-10 10:39 PM
    its weird how we can get so many different results, ive been on this 4 or 5 days now & havent had a single random restart. I am losing more memory than I did on 5 but not horrible. For some reason international texts dont go through but its not a big enough problem to make me roll back, I think ill stick with this for a while. This is my 1rst leak anyway so im still a little skittish about all this. I had enough trouble with BBSAK when I did this so I dont want to do any more if I dont have to
    11-13-10 11:16 PM
    Yeah if u have a later version of an OS on the desktop as soon as u hookup the bb with the usb cable desktop manager will auto search for newer versions and ask if you want to install. But yes I like 333 the best. Been running it for almost a week and no compaints and no reboots.

11-14-10 12:17 AM
    its weird how we can get so many different results, ive been on this 4 or 5 days now & havent had a single random restart. I am losing more memory than I did on 5 but not horrible. For some reason international texts dont go through but its not a big enough problem to make me roll back, I think ill stick with this for a while. This is my 1rst leak anyway so im still a little skittish about all this. I had enough trouble with BBSAK when I did this so I dont want to do any more if I dont have to
    The memory leak is maddening, is it not?
    The only thing I can't stand about this leak. And it's my first foray into OS6
    11-14-10 07:09 AM
    The memory leak is maddening, is it not?
    The only thing I can't stand about this leak. And it's my first foray into OS6
    Mine really isn't that noticable, just checked & I've lost .08 since last start up 6 hrs ago. Heavy usage throughout the day I might lose 9-11 mb, not as good as OS 5 but still not bad with all this memory. Only bugs I can find are the intl text problems & text doesn't resize when I zoom in browser. I did have problems witha few apps at 1rst but those seem to be ok after a few reboots. I do desperatly want the text in browser to wrap. It does do that on official 6 I hope

11-14-10 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD