Hi,

On previous BBs, when the clock was activated and bedside mode initiated the clock would dim but stay just illuminated (so you could see it at night). On the Torch the clock goes out completely. Does anyone know of a workaround for this ?

TIA

F
    11-12-10 10:02 AM
    what os are you running? check your clock options, and make sure under Bedside Mode that you have "Dim Screen" set to "Yes"
    11-12-10 10:18 AM
    It only stays on if you are plugged in to a power source - and I believe you also need to have the clock set to be on when plugged in.
    11-12-10 10:19 AM
    It only stays on if you are plugged in to a power source - and I believe you also need to have the clock set to be on when plugged in.
    you want the "When Charging" option set to "Enter Bedside Mode". if you have that option set to "Display Clock" it will keep the screen at full brightness.
    11-12-10 10:21 AM
    you want the "When Charging" option set to "Enter Bedside Mode". if you have that option set to "Display Clock" it will keep the screen at full brightness.
    I don't think that is correct. Mine is set to "Display Clock" and my screen dims.

I cannot have it enter bedside mode every time I plug it in - my bedside mode reverts to a sleep profile which does not alert me to email/sms/bbm etc. That would be annoying.

I manually enable bedside mode and the screen immediately dims.
    11-12-10 10:30 AM
    Hi,

It is set to dim screen, except the screen goes out not rather than just get dim. The phone is on charge over night but I fire the clock up manually as often charge in the car during the day and having the clock come on in bedside mode in the car would be a PITA.

Regards,

F
    11-12-10 10:34 AM
    I wouldn't do that. In the event that you need to charge during the daytime (although very unlikely if you charge at night) bedside mode disables audible notifications. Just leave in on 'Display Clock' and IF it's bedtime go to options a select Bedside Mode. Either way the clock should stay on though but like someone mentioned, it needs to be plugged in.
    I don't think that is correct. Mine is set to "Display Clock" and my screen dims.

I cannot have it enter bedside mode every time I plug it in - my bedside mode reverts to a sleep profile which does not alert me to email/sms/bbm etc. That would be annoying.

I manually enable bedside mode and the screen immediately dims.
    you can change what profile the phone 'reverts' to under the bedside mode options. you could have it go to the "Loud" profile if you really wanted to. i have mine set to "Phone Only" so i dont get bothered with spam emails when im trying to sleep.

you can also change it to only enter bedside mode during specific times - say, 10pm to 6am? that way, it will only enter bedside mode when you want it to, not when you are at work and want to plug it in at your desk.
    I wouldn't do that. In the event that you need to charge during the daytime (although very unlikely if you charge at night) bedside mode disables audible notifications. Just leave in on 'Display Clock' and IF it's bedtime go to options a select Bedside Mode. Either way the clock should stay on though but like someone mentioned, it needs to be plugged in.
    see my note above - you just need to sset the times you want it to enter bedside mode in the "Restrict To Certain Hours" option.
    11-12-10 10:35 AM
    see my note above - you just need to sset the times you want it to enter bedside mode in the "Restrict To Certain Hours" option.
    Hey thanks!. I never saw that "Restrict to Certain Hours", for obvious reasons. I take back my last post.
    So many hidden nuggets.
    11-12-10 10:42 AM
    Hey thanks!. I never saw that "Restrict to Certain Hours", for obvious reasons. I take back my last post.
    So many hidden nuggets.
    yup. this clock app is a nice little gem
    11-12-10 10:44 AM
    you can change what profile the phone 'reverts' to under the bedside mode options. you could have it go to the "Loud" profile if you really wanted to. i have mine set to "Phone Only" so i dont get bothered with spam emails when im trying to sleep.

you can also change it to only enter bedside mode during specific times - say, 10pm to 6am? that way, it will only enter bedside mode when you want it to, not when you are at work and want to plug it in at your desk.
    Like I said I already have it set to enter a sleep profile when it goes to bedside mode. If you have it set to enter bedside mode when plugged in, rather than just to turn on the clock when plugged in, it will enter sleep mode when I'm charging it in the car or at my desk at work...which I obviously don't want. I prefer to just manually enter bedside mode.

The point being that you just need to have it set to either clock or bedside mode when plugged in...in order for the clock to stay on and prevent the screen from going black after the timeout.

The specific times is a neat little feature but I don't go to sleep nor wake up at the same time every day - especially on the weekends - so I don't use it. I'd rather just control it manually as it is quite easy that way.
    11-12-10 10:55 AM
    Like I said I already have it set to enter a sleep profile when it goes to bedside mode. If you have it set to enter bedside mode when plugged in, rather than just to turn on the clock when plugged in, it will enter sleep mode when I'm charging it in the car or at my desk at work...which I obviously don't want. I prefer to just manually enter bedside mode.

The point being that you just need to have it set to either clock or bedside mode when plugged in...in order for the clock to stay on and prevent the screen from going black after the timeout.

The specific times is a neat little feature but I don't go to sleep nor wake up at the same time every day - especially on the weekends - so I don't use it. I'd rather just control it manually as it is quite easy that way.
    if thats how you like to do it, thats great.
    11-12-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD