When I get a direct message from Facebook, my notification panel shows the Facebook icon but when I pull down the notification bar it shows as empty. In OS6, is it supposed to let me jump to Facebook from the notification panel drop down? I am running OS6 for 9700.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-11-10 08:17 PM
    Yes, typically that is how it is supposed to work. However, you are currently running pre-production code on your device, so this may be a bug.
    11-11-10 08:33 PM
    This happened to me when I downloaded from AppWorld. I uninstalled facebook and did a battery pull. Then I downloaded FB from the Blackberry website (not appworld). After this it shows in the pull down notification area and I'm runnung a leaked 6.0.333 on my Bold 9650. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 09:02 PM
    Yeah I tried doing the reinstall from the facebook site but no luck. I'm getting emails, sms, and other stuff but no BBM or Facebook pulldowns. I guess its an OS bug.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-11-10 10:30 PM
    I have figured out that BBM notifications will only be viewable in that tray if you select the option "Show chats in messages application." I'm guessing that the Facebook notifications would work the same way if you check off that option in the app.
    11-12-10 02:22 AM
    I have figured out that BBM notifications will only be viewable in that tray if you select the option "Show chats in messages application." I'm guessing that the Facebook notifications would work the same way if you check off that option in the app.

Well that solved my problem. Thanks
    11-12-10 04:17 AM
    This happened to me when I downloaded from AppWorld. I uninstalled facebook and did a battery pull. Then I downloaded FB from the Blackberry website (not appworld). After this it shows in the pull down notification area and I'm runnung a leaked 6.0.333 on my Bold 9650. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    that is great advice, I'm going to try that! Thanks!
    11-12-10 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD