since i updated to os 6 i havent been able to play videos from youtube. ive tried straight from youtube.com and i have also downloaded a youtube app. neither of them work. i can play other videos that people send me so the problem doesnt exist withint the video player i dont think...anyone else have this problem and find a solution?
    11-11-10 03:18 PM
    I can't play anything!! Every time I go to the youtube website, click a video and then wait for it to load and then a message pops up that says, "server blocked or unavailable" something like that. And its been doing that for a couple weeks! Its driving me crazy. And I haven't changed my OS, so I don't know.
    11-11-10 05:22 PM
    All I can say is downgrade. It's a bug, report it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...es-545423/new/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 06:34 PM
    I have found just the opposite!!! youtube wast terribly slow on os5 when it would play most of the time I got "error loading" now using os6 & the native youtube browser, built in os6, the videos start within 2 seconds. They play absolutely amazing, Ive never had so much fun on youtube since Ive upgraded to os6 ! Are you using the native youtube browser that shows up under "all" after your upgrade to os6? it takes you to "http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-rim" huge improvement over anything on os 5!!!!
    11-12-10 09:50 AM
    All I can say is downgrade. It's a bug, report it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...es-545423/new/

@Root: the youtube app is definitely not a bug!!! Are you even using os6? Humm, wonder why you post something you have no experience in (meaning os6 & youtube) ????????
    11-12-10 09:54 AM
    I'm getting the same problem on os6. Youtube is only working sometimes.

11-14-10 11:39 PM
    Youtube for me has only worked twice and my media player videos have never worked. Just my input

11-15-10 09:34 PM
    well I have problem with player for you tube app, the one from smarter app, with Os5 it used to work correctly but now videos are small and pretty pixeleated
    12-08-10 08:56 PM
    I have absolutely zero issues with Youtube on OS6. Again, different OS's act differently for everyone.

@Root...you've said you're not running OS6 so why even comment? Or did you not hit your post count for the day?

12-08-10 09:19 PM
    I always had a problem with playing youtube...had the Error with invalid address...so I called my wireless provider and they told me that I had to change my APN from blackberry.net to APN name of the wireless service.With WIFI always work.To me OS5 or OS6, same Error with youtube.
    12-09-10 12:58 AM
    my dad has the 9650 bold, and i have the tour.
    we just upgraded him to the official os 6 release and he now cannot play youtube videos smoothly. he does not use a youtube app. He clicks the links straight from his emails.
    he said he never had this problem on os 5.
    so i tried it on my tour which is running os 5 and the youtube clip played perfectly. I tried the same link to the same video on his os 6 bold, and it was choppy and crappy.
    So I turned off his wifi on his phone, (cause he didnt really need it anyway) and let it stream over the 3g from verizon and it worked perfectly.
    I even set his wifi back on, tried it again and it would not work right with the wifi on.
    I turned the wifi off again, and it worked perfectly.
    So while its not really a fix, at least its something till the bugs get worked out....
    01-27-11 09:46 PM
    youtube video is not working on blackberrybold 9700 plz halp me
    02-25-12 08:16 AM
    I have 668 os 6 and no problems with youtube.
    02-25-12 09:56 AM
    I have 668 os 6 and no problems with youtube.
    +1 same here. Faultless.
    02-25-12 11:27 AM
    youtube video is not working on blackberrybold 9700 plz halp me
    Battery pull, or it's your carrier, or it's youtube. Try it on wifi instead.
    02-25-12 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD