Hei...
    I would like to ask you if anybody knows the answer to some of these questions:

1.What is bedside mode more exactly except the fact that it dims light ?

2.Why is my data transfer icon always showing while having "data services" on - I mean what does the phone keep transmitting and receiving over the internet all the time ? I have no apps open.

3.Is there such a thing as a data counter ? I mean Non color screen phones made decades ago have such a thing, there must be for sure such a thing on a BlackBerry, right ?
    11-11-10 02:12 PM
    Hey,
    There is an excellent video explaining the use of bedside mode here:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-accessory-roundup-13

Short version is.. Yes it dims your LCD, but it also gives your more options available for turning off your radio and LED notifiers to help avoid those pesky middle of the night e-mails from DELL.ca (Frakking hate those) from waking you up.

2. It's my understanding that even with no app running, your phone may sometimes be scanning through available wireless networks. This doesn't mean your using up any of your data however you will see your arrowed icons flashing making it look like your down/uploading something. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Data Counter? like to track your usage? if this is what you mean then I know for sure some carriers provide you with an app or website to track phone/data use. (Rogers in Canada has quite a nice App in fact)
    11-11-10 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the response! Unfortunately I had no luck with no. 3.
    11-11-10 04:03 PM
    Hmm, which carrier are you with? Verizon,ATT,T-Mobile,Rogers,Telus, or Bell ?
    11-12-10 08:47 AM
    Orange, Romania
    11-12-10 09:12 AM
    Ahhh, well ****. I'm only familiar with North American carriers sorry
    11-12-10 10:17 AM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2616

Here's an APP that looks like it might do what you want. I have not used it personally but there are most likely many more similar apps available. Have a look around the app store and see what you can find
    11-12-10 10:30 AM
    unfortunately, appworld is not available in Romania
    11-12-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD