Does anyone know if this is real? I love my Bold soooooo much and have no plans of upgrading it until a new BB comes out with video-conferencing/face time.

I can't find any info on it actually being real?!
    11-11-10 09:49 AM
    where did you hear about this? the last stuff I saw on it was a poorly photoshopped image with sketchy details.....
    11-11-10 10:32 AM
    you can google this. I couple of months ago, my sprint rep told me about this coming out in december. Again, i don't know how much i trust a rep, but i liked the phone.
    11-11-10 10:38 AM
    I've only googled it and that's the only info I've got so far.

So this must be just for Sprint?
    11-11-10 12:01 PM
    as far as i know it is for sprint, but again, it was a rep that told me, and i never trust them.
    11-11-10 12:06 PM
    Hopefully it is a touchscreen device like the pics of the supposed Storm3 but for Sprint, however if it is CDMA and 4G but doesn't have World Phone capability then it won't work for me.
    11-11-10 01:55 PM
    I've seen different mock-ups for this device. One was a Bold-like horizontal slider, the other a Storm-like GSM device. Who knows if it's real or not anymore.
    11-12-10 08:22 AM
    Thsi morning when I woke up I was looking at my phone and wanting a new one. The hard choice was to start a new contracrt and grab the torch or wait for a 4g BB. So I googled upcoming Balckberry phones. The first thing that popped up was a rumored phone codemane "Triton". It had some specs of options that we would like to see has blackberry owners. So it got me wondering was this thing real. Then i thought about what we do Know. 1. verzion is preparring to introduce their 4g network and at&t not too far behind. 2. The playbook is coming out witha 3g and 4g version.3. The price of the torch dropped from 199.00 to 99.00 contract price. Yes its the holidays but dont you think it dropped kind of fast compared to the competition EVo and I-phone.4. The storm 3 is on the horizon but we know if that is the only 4g model alot of customers will be unhappy.5. The rumored information about the phone was leaked through a business consulting firm and they quickly saide June 2011 you should see a new blackberry with video confrenceing and all the other goodies and that RIM will grab everyone by surprise. The last post I read mentioned a December date which sounds unlikely but if are a true CB addict then you have also seen RIm dump alot of phones into the market fairly quickly and with a short time span in between the models. Are they prepping for something big. We know the playbook will be kind of cool and the Torch is a good to start to pair with playbook , but I really have the feeling that something else is coming that will be the perfect counterpart for the playbook and push RIM further into the consumer market while continued domination over the business sector. With all that said I thinks its time to deploy the blackberry snoops and begin to gather some research on this topic.
    11-22-10 12:33 PM
    2. The playbook is coming out witha 3g and 4g version.
    Eventually, it isn't launching with either of those.

3. The price of the torch dropped from 199.00 to 99.00 contract price. Yes its the holidays but dont you think it dropped kind of fast compared to the competition EVo and I-phone.
    They had a few months at full price and have now dropped the price along with adding new colours to give sales a nice boost for the holidays.

4. The storm 3 is on the horizon but we know if that is the only 4g model alot of customers will be unhappy.
    There is no confirmation of specs, we don't know if the storm 3 will be 4g in any of the senses used in carrier marketing either.

5. The rumored information about the phone was leaked through a business consulting firm and they quickly saide June 2011 you should see a new blackberry with video confrenceing and all the other goodies and that RIM will grab everyone by surprise. The last post I read mentioned a December date which sounds unlikely but if are a true CB addict then you have also seen RIm dump alot of phones into the market fairly quickly and with a short time span in between the models.
    I think we are done for new models for now until the playbook shows up in q1 with new phones not showing up till the end of q1 or the start of q2.
    11-23-10 09:34 AM
    3. The price of the torch dropped from 199.00 to 99.00 contract price. Yes its the holidays but dont you think it dropped kind of fast compared to the competition EVo and I-phone.4.
    Yet the Pearl 3G remains at $150 for some ungodly reason. How AT&T can justify keeping the Pearl priced higher than the Torch is beyond me.

Also there was a big to-do about the price drop for the Torch back when it was out for a week from some of the 3rd party vendors like Amazon. Never mind that every phone had a price drop through Amazon at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 11:46 AM
    Hmmm, lack of competitive pricing is really deterring consumers from purchasing a BB. Well, certain ones, at least.
    11-23-10 01:19 PM
    Yet the Pearl 3G remains at $150 for some ungodly reason. How AT&T can justify keeping the Pearl priced higher than the Torch is beyond me.

Also there was a big to-do about the price drop for the Torch back when it was out for a week from some of the 3rd party vendors like Amazon. Never mind that every phone had a price drop through Amazon at the same time.

Maybe the Pearl is selling well as $150 and the Torch isn't at $200?
    11-23-10 01:37 PM
    you guys think something new will come out in january/febuary 2011? only askin cause my plan is up in febuary. 9780 has its differneces fromt he 9700 but isn't really the upgrade im lookin for and i wouldn't/don't trust the torch sliding mechanism to hold up long term.
    11-23-10 11:50 PM
    I won't believe it until i see it. Running a google or web search once per week will get closer results. give it 5 years lol

11-24-10 05:00 AM
    Thsi morning when I woke up I was looking at my phone and wanting a new one. The hard choice was to start a new contracrt and grab the torch or wait for a 4g BB. So I googled upcoming Balckberry phones. The first thing that popped up was a rumored phone codemane "Triton". It had some specs of options that we would like to see has blackberry owners. So it got me wondering was this thing real. Then i thought about what we do Know. 1. verzion is preparring to introduce their 4g network and at&t not too far behind. 2. The playbook is coming out witha 3g and 4g version.3. The price of the torch dropped from 199.00 to 99.00 contract price. Yes its the holidays but dont you think it dropped kind of fast compared to the competition EVo and I-phone.4. The storm 3 is on the horizon but we know if that is the only 4g model alot of customers will be unhappy.5. The rumored information about the phone was leaked through a business consulting firm and they quickly saide June 2011 you should see a new blackberry with video confrenceing and all the other goodies and that RIM will grab everyone by surprise. The last post I read mentioned a December date which sounds unlikely but if are a true CB addict then you have also seen RIm dump alot of phones into the market fairly quickly and with a short time span in between the models. Are they prepping for something big. We know the playbook will be kind of cool and the Torch is a good to start to pair with playbook , but I really have the feeling that something else is coming that will be the perfect counterpart for the playbook and push RIM further into the consumer market while continued domination over the business sector. With all that said I thinks its time to deploy the blackberry snoops and begin to gather some research on this topic.
    dont give up the cadillac of blackberry man!!...i wish i had one still...mine got stolen
    11-29-10 11:23 AM
    is it possible for a blackberry to be released without all the leaked images and details that usually precede its actual release??????
    11-30-10 10:50 AM
    I've been tracking this phone for a long time and I just found this...
    Blackberry Triton � Phone 4G

Hopefully it's true
    04-22-11 11:05 PM
    Ya this phone will never appear

04-22-11 11:47 PM
    Found This:

Googled it, Probably Fake
    04-23-11 12:00 AM
    I think RIM has it's hands full just getting out what they have coming now. When you hear they are only going to announce one device at their show, I can't see how "Triton" is going to fly.
    04-23-11 05:22 AM
    to think these superphones are 6 months away is just nuts.....from what I understand, the 1st qnx BB will be the triton.....in 2013
    You seem to have trouble understanding some of the leaks from a few weeks ago then as they seemed to place the qnx phones around the q2 mark of 2012, which actually makes sense since we will have had a few versions of playbook with wifi and then 3g/4g so next would just be the issue of shrinking it down to a smaller screen and ensuring call performance etc. was high enough.
    04-23-11 01:27 PM
    This so called "Triton" was a concept device that some blogged on here. RIM has no such device like this, it was just his "wish device" at the time...sweet concept, but no reality what so ever.

04-23-11 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD