This is kinda a rant, and I'm sorry guys... I've been loyal to the S2 since its release (S1 as well), but lately the phone has been just a joke. Is it possible that the software is just run down because of time? I only have about 10 apps on it, and 3 or 4 themes. Thankfully, I barely needed to battery pull and it was running pretty well for a while... but lately for some reason the phone has just been reacting poorly. Battery pulls almost once a day, and now, I tried to update 3 applications, it took half and hour and then the apps stopped downloading and an error popped up. Tried again, and the downloads just froze and I had to battery pull.

I just feel like a phone released in 2009 should not have problems like this... I mean a first generation Iphone probably had/has less software problems then what I'm experiencing with my S2.

It takes almost minutes to load browser pages at times and the phone is just slow and laggy, no matter what theme I use (even the default). And of course, nobody takes the phone seriously and I can't prove them wrong. It is outperformed by even the old Curve at times and iPhone users have no problem cr*ping all over my phone...

You guys probably don't know, though some of you might, that I have truly been loyal to this phone, but I just can't stop justifying that its a good phone or that it may get better... software updates are probably out of the question anymore anyways...

I won't jump to Android though (my mom has one and I don't like it at all), and I really don't want an iPhone, I am just literally begging for a Storm3. Can't switch to get a Torch, but I am VERY pleased with it (a few friends have it and I've used it for a good amount of time)... and I know that a Storm3 will be on par, most likely better than the Torch..

Admins can move this, delete it, whatever, I just needed to get this post off my chest (and I had nothing to do for the 10 minutes my S2 takes to reboot...)
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 11-10-10 at 11:48 PM.
    11-10-10 11:37 PM
    I was getting a bit frustrated with the software too, but then a bigger problem popped up and I forgot all about the OS. Well, until you reminded me anyway...lol!

What are the ten apps you have? I found two problems last week...one was that MeterBerry was causing my Storm to act all retahded, and the other was that there was apparently a corrupt file on my media card or something (that was causing severe lag when doing anything that accessed the media card). Once I removed MeterBerry and reformatted my media card everything went back to being all happy.

And then the earpiece speaker crapped out...
    11-11-10 12:05 AM
    I don't have meterberry, and the apps I've had on my phone are the same as always. Kik is the latest app I've downloaded, but the OS problems didn't start until a few days after that was already downloaded and working fine.

But, who knows. Maybe I actually do have too much crap on the phone (even though a phone of the S2s caliber should be able to hold way more than what I have on it).

I guess I just have to live with it for a couple of more months, which I guess I can bare ... and I do have an iPod touch for my gaming and basic use whenever I have WiFi and an iPad for my school work.
    11-11-10 12:09 AM
    I have WAY more apps than you and it's running fine now (except the speaker issue). Heck, I have 7 GPS apps alone. I probably have about 30 apps and 3 themes currently installed. And I've had quite a few more than that at one time. So, I would say something is up with your particular phone...corrupt file somewhere, naughty app, I dunno...

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but have you tried wiping the device and reloading everything?
    11-11-10 12:45 AM
    No, I havent tried a complete wipe and it's not bad enough that I would risk it (I've had really bad experiences with wiping the device clean in the past - like not being able to get the software back on and needing to beg for a new phone and also loosing everything once and having to re-purchase many apps and re invite all my bbm contacts).
    11-11-10 12:58 AM
    I'd recommend a wipe, too. When I had the S2, I think I loaded about 20 apps, on the average. It would only bog down depending on the app being run at a given time. So, you might want to look at that.
    11-11-10 01:02 AM
    I'd reload the software, sounds to me like you have a case of what I and some friends call "bitrot". After a while software tends to start leaving tiny bytes of data as it reads and writes, this builds up until it starts interfering with normal operation. Reloading will be like an oil change for your car.
    11-11-10 03:42 AM
    This is kinda a rant, and I'm sorry guys... I've been loyal to the S2 since its release (S1 as well), but lately the phone has been just a joke. Is it possible that the software is just run down because of time? I only have about 10 apps on it, and 3 or 4 themes. Thankfully, I barely needed to battery pull and it was running pretty well for a while... but lately for some reason the phone has just been reacting poorly. Battery pulls almost once a day, and now, I tried to update 3 applications, it took half and hour and then the apps stopped downloading and an error popped up. Tried again, and the downloads just froze and I had to battery pull.

I just feel like a phone released in 2009 should not have problems like this... I mean a first generation Iphone probably had/has less software problems then what I'm experiencing with my S2.

It takes almost minutes to load browser pages at times and the phone is just slow and laggy, no matter what theme I use (even the default). And of course, nobody takes the phone seriously and I can't prove them wrong. It is outperformed by even the old Curve at times and iPhone users have no problem cr*ping all over my phone...

You guys probably don't know, though some of you might, that I have truly been loyal to this phone, but I just can't stop justifying that its a good phone or that it may get better... software updates are probably out of the question anymore anyways...

I won't jump to Android though (my mom has one and I don't like it at all), and I really don't want an iPhone, I am just literally begging for a Storm3. Can't switch to get a Torch, but I am VERY pleased with it (a few friends have it and I've used it for a good amount of time)... and I know that a Storm3 will be on par, most likely better than the Torch..

Admins can move this, delete it, whatever, I just needed to get this post off my chest (and I had nothing to do for the 10 minutes my S2 takes to reboot...)
    Do you have Memory Cleaning enabled? If not enable it, click menu & choose Clean Now.
    Have you cleared your browser cache? Do you have it set to BlackBerry next to Browser Indentification? You can also adjust the Image Quality (for the Browser) to Medium or Low to help pages load faster.
    You should delete all apps you don't use or need (Third Party & Add-on)
    You could also try re-registering your HRT
    You probably already know this but make sure you're closing your apps & browser correctly.
    If you do all this and pull the battery, it should work pretty good (at least for a day or two)
    I feel you on the performance complaints though, this device (compared to new devices) feels very out of date. I've been a loyal BB user for approx 3 years but I am very close to buying a Droid X. I've been waiting to see if Verizon releases a Torch for the holidays but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.
    11-11-10 07:25 AM
    My only real gripe with the S2 is the robo-voice. Went to an 8530 curve.
    11-11-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD