hey everyone i have had my BB Bold for 3 months now and have loved every day with it, never had a problem.

Suddenly last night i get terrible service everywhere i go. Never had this problem, always had great 3G service, now im constantly "searching for signal" and if anything getting one bar of 1X.

I am on Verizon (great service in my area) running the latest official version of BB5.

I've done the battery pulls, checked for updates, reinstalled the OS...nothing helps

any ideas?
    11-10-10 10:23 AM
    Did you call VZW? Perhaps they are working on a tower in your area.
    11-10-10 10:25 AM
    It sounds like a tower issue in your area. Call Customer Service and report it.
    11-10-10 10:25 AM
    called them, sorry i should have mentioned that- no tower issues in my area according to verizon. also a coworker has the same phone also on VZ and he has full 3G service in the building while i have no service
    11-10-10 10:53 AM
    I am having the same issues. I figured it was this latest build of OS6 as that and a PRL update were the only things I have done recently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 10:54 AM
    I have had the same issue twice with my Bold. First time it was a tower issue. They fixed the tower. It was only detected after they sent a tech out to check the signal. The second time was after towers were reconfigured. A hybrid PRL was pushed to my device and all has been well since.

11-10-10 11:13 AM
    just weird my coworkers phone is working fine, i will be visiting verizon store today
    11-10-10 11:17 AM
    Have you tried star 228 and update your towers. Doubt itd help but you never know.

11-10-10 11:18 AM
    i cant even get enough service to hold that call but ill try
    11-10-10 11:22 AM
    just tried the *228 it said my phone was programmed succesfully, didnt fix anything :'( i am dreading a visit to VZW tonight
    11-10-10 11:24 AM
    i'll be going to VZW Store at about 5:30 pmE i will let you guys all know how it turns out, I do have a bad feeling though

thanks for the fast replys!
    11-10-10 11:33 AM
    This may not help at all and you may in fact have already tried, but if not, I'd remove sim and set to cdma only, also home network if applicable, reboot phone. Worth a shot.
    11-10-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD