View Poll Results: Do you have more than one smartphone?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep got 2 smartphones: BB and Iphone 4

6 12.77%
  • BB and Android! Steve Jobs is a maniac

5 10.64%
  • Why would I need anything other than a BB????!

35 74.47%
  • Where did I rest my trusty7100

1 2.13%
    So I have a bold and an iphone 4 and I can't ditch either of them .

Love my iphone for web browsing and useful apps as well as multimedia and some email. Bold for instant messaging...am I the only crazy one?
    11-09-10 10:19 PM
    Nope... I like the idea and if you're ok with paying for 2 lines of service to have 2 data plans then by all means. I have been considering an unlocked white torch as well as my bold lately as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 10:31 PM
    Nope... I like the idea and if you're ok with paying for 2 lines of service to have 2 data plans then by all means. I have been considering an unlocked white torch as well as my bold lately as well.

lulwut?

As we all know, Bold's and Iphones work on SIM cards, get the SIM card adapter for your bold, and swap out anytime you want.

I currently have a plan for my bb Bold, and use my Iphone(on the same plan) for the same reasons.
    Your not crazy.
    11-09-10 10:37 PM
    you didn't proved enough options, i have four... BB9700, vibrant (android), iPhone 3GS, & just in HD7 (winmo 7)...

i'm something of a JamesBondist (just made that up, should so copyright it), so to stay true and add some validity to the topic... "The World is Never Enough", nor is a single phone! and for those that too love "the Q and quest" and are curious, it's Lazenby all the way!!!
    11-09-10 10:41 PM
    I was under the impression you had to have 2 different data packages for the iphone and bold... Didn't think one could switch to the other as far as data... That's why I stated what I stated...

11-09-10 10:46 PM
    you didn't proved enough options, i have four... BB9700, vibrant (android), iPhone 3GS, & just in HD7 (winmo 7)...

i'm something of a JamesBondist (just made that up, should so copyright it), so to stay true and add some validity to the topic... "The World is Never Enough", nor is a single phone! and for those that too love "the Q and quest" and are curious, it's Lazenby all the way!!!
    I thought I was crazy
    Didn't think anyone would even bite this thread lol.

As for the data plan thing...depends on the carrier. Where I'm at my carriers don't let me swap between phones for one dataplan
    11-09-10 10:52 PM
    I was under the impression you had to have 2 different data packages for the iphone and bold... Didn't think one could switch to the other as far as data... That's why I stated what I stated...

Company's think they have us by the balls.
    I went out and purchased an Iphone 3Gs 16gb, and was told "OMG, you wasted your money, its never going to work, blah blah blah." Got home, popped in my SIM, called the house, worked fine. Checked email, facebook, and all that other fancy stuff, works fantastic.

I used to work for a Comcast Networking service here in canada, we were told, that if a customer wanted 2 or more Computers on a network, they had to get OUR service... Truth be told, all they needed was a router from futureshop/bestbuy/The source.

Thats the main reason i hate all these big company's. And all the small ones suffer from lack of hardware, or outdated hardware.

Ive got myself an Iphone 3GS 16gb, BB Bold 9700, and an Iphone5 (4.5) saved up for when they come out. The only difference its gonna make is how you use your phone. If you constantly download stuff, you'll need a bigger data plan.

FYI - Vice versa (BB on an Iphone plan) WILL NOT WORK.
    I dont know why, dont ask me. But everyone know that has a BB, also uses an Iphone on their BB plan.
    11-09-10 10:53 PM
    Sweet, thanks for the info.

11-09-10 10:56 PM
    depends on the company and provisioning because you will forego somethings bouncing between devices on same data plan no matter what, but with T-Mo you can have the generic "smartphone" designated web and all smartphones will work on it, to a certain point. it's when it comes to the app worlds and different specifics that the generic plan will start to be noticeable.

@Evan_O, with T-Mo you can simply call into customer care and have them change your data plan to the specific type you want without any cost to you. I do it monthly, bouncing between my four phones.
    11-09-10 11:13 PM
    I have both the iPhone 4 and Bold 9700. The BB is my #1 phone and the iphone is a toy. Each has it's strong points.
    11-22-10 01:05 AM
    You're not the only one OP, I have a netbook and a desktop computer and both run different operating systems. I'm planning on shoving OS X on the desktop to see how it handles it, I'll buy the disc from apple and load 'er up.

Having more than one device is also a handy thing, there is more of a variety of applications between the two, three or four of them.

11-22-10 01:16 AM
    why dont u use an ipod touch instead of the iphone? thats what i do
    11-22-10 01:19 AM
    I use an ipod touch as well......
    11-22-10 01:23 AM
    why dont u use an ipod touch instead of the iphone? thats what i do
    Well I would want phone capabilites as well so I could avoid carrying 2 devices and to also keep it fresh. Using a friends extra inlocked 3gs til I get my asurion replacement. Leaning more toward an unlocked torch
    now for a second berry to play with
    11-22-10 01:31 AM
    bb9700 plus ipod touch 4th gen.
    11-22-10 01:32 AM
    depends on the company and provisioning because you will forego somethings bouncing between devices on same data plan no matter what, but with T-Mo you can have the generic "smartphone" designated web and all smartphones will work on it, to a certain point. it's when it comes to the app worlds and different specifics that the generic plan will start to be noticeable.

@Evan_O, with T-Mo you can simply call into customer care and have them change your data plan to the specific type you want without any cost to you. I do it monthly, bouncing between my four phones.
    yeah I knew you could do this as I used to work for tmo but it could be a pain doing it that very often.

If I stick with an unlocked torch it will be so much simpler... I declined the torch over the bold originally but have played with it more and more at the AT&T store and it has really grown on me.

Since I've had an iPhone before I missed it a little but now that I'm using a loaned one temporarily, I realize I don't want to own another again and def. No to any android device.

The bb interface etc has me wanting to smoke that crackberry only these days
    I'll wait for the playbook to be able to use media like a G
    11-22-10 01:43 AM
    bb 9700 & iPhone 3GS over here...iPhone is on payasugo with data plan costing �20 for 6 months unlimited internet through t-mobile UK, debated the iPod touch for a while but needed mobile data capability for the apps im using, may upgrade to the iPhone 4 when it's worth the while.
    11-22-10 04:11 AM
    BB9700, Samsung Galaxy S i9000 and a iPhone 4

what else can i say? Best of 3 Worlds! LOL
    11-22-10 07:05 AM
    BB9700, Samsung Galaxy S i9000 and a iPhone 4

what else can i say? Best of 3 Worlds! LOL
    You forgot windows mobile, WebOS (palm), nokia's symbian too!

BB OS, Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile/CE, iOS, Symbian and QNX (on a 1GB Wifi photoframe )

11-22-10 07:08 AM
    Trixnix, I'm not familiar with the Samsung Galaxy S i9000. How does it differ from the iPhone 4?
    11-22-10 08:46 AM
    BB Bold 9700 + HTC HD2 + Trustworthy Nokia 6630

Can't ditch any of them. The BB is the one with the weaker battery (on data plan on cuz if I turn it off it will become the phone with the greatest lifetime)
    11-22-10 11:31 AM
    So I have a bold and an iphone 4 and I can't ditch either of them .

Love my iphone for web browsing and useful apps as well as multimedia and some email. Bold for instant messaging...am I the only crazy one?
    Yes, you're crazy.
    11-22-10 12:21 PM
    i voted for blackberry and Android, Get the best of both world. Steve Jobs is a physic and uses his iOS to read the brain waves of his minions. How do you think he know what they want.....

Anyway that would be the best choice in my opinion. I know some people think Blackberry is all you need. But i will say this McDonald's and BurgerKing is good, until have had FiveGuys and FatBurger.... just saying.
    11-22-10 12:26 PM
    I'm with at&t and have both 9700 and iphone4. Currently using the i4, do I need to call CS rep to switch data plans when I switch to 9700? I still have unlimited data. I have a microsim adapter coming in also.
    11-22-10 11:51 PM
    Torch 9800, Bold 9700, Nokia E73
    11-23-10 12:07 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD