I have the newest OS, 6.0.0.337.

I have the newest premium (paid) version of Documents to Go, which appears to be 2.0005(081) for the main apps, and 2.0005(082) for PDF to go.

I have two bugs that appeared since leaving my Bold 9000 and upgrading to the Torch. I had DTG Premium on the Bold. I'm wondering if anyone else has these issues. I did see one other poster indicate he shared the first problem.

1. When you get an email with an attachment and you click on the attachment, it should ask you whether you want to open it, and then it should ask you whether you want to open it with Documents To Go, or just view it. It works with Word docs, but for PDF's, it doesn't give the choice of viewer, it simply displays it in the OS6 PDF native viewer. It doesn't present you with an option. I don't like the native viewer. I want to be able to open a PDF in PDF To Go right from my email inbox. Worked on the Bold, not on the Torch.

2. Very distressing bug with PDF files. May be an OS6 bug and not a DTG bug, not sure. You know when you have a PDF attachment, you can click on the attachment and open it, but you can also scroll down to the bottom of the email and preview the PDF. Well I've been playing with it for the past two weeks to see if I can see any pattern, and it appears that the preview you get when you scroll to the bottom of the email containing the PDF is NOT the preview of the current attachment. In my experiments, I find that it is a preview of the previous PDF in the most recent email that had a PDF attachment. If you open the attachment by clicking on the attachment, it does show the correct PDF in the OS6 native viewer. But what a bug. You scroll down to get a preview of the PDF, see the wrong one, figure you've already received that email, and potentially delete it. It's serious.

Anyone with an open mind and DTG willing to check this out?

Harry
    11-09-10 06:27 PM
    (1). Well with PDF to Go, this may just be design since there is no editing a PDF. It seems to be viewing the files via the native PDF viewer. You could always view Office and PDF files attached to emails. DocToGo just gives you the ability to create new documents or edit documents. PDF To Go just gives you the ability to view PDF files stored on the phone.

(2). The previews are working correctly for me on all supported file types. I have the same version of DtG and PtG as you but am running 337.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 07:49 PM
    I end up downloading the attachment so that I can then open it with Docs to Go. Extra step that one shouldn't have to do, but it works.

11-09-10 10:29 PM
    I don't get previews until after I open the attachment. Never have but I don't know that I should. After that the 10 or so I checked of various file types were correct.

11-09-10 10:33 PM
    Ive posted this same exact problem on this forum awhile back and have the same exact issue. It happens so far with every firmware upto the latest .337. The Doc2go works exactly as it should like you said, but PDF2go never gives you an option.

I bought Repligo reader thinking it was PDF2go, and guess what, same issue. It definitely isnt the applications at fault. The OS6 seems to be at fault as it doesnt seem to allow 3rd party apps to allow an option on opening with that application instead of native os6 reader which is a pretty poor reader, all its doing is rendering the PDF as an image. Everything you zoom, move, it re-renders it as an image.

Ive found no fix except downloading the damn PDF and then opening the PDF via Repligo or PDF2go manually.

Dixit
    11-09-10 11:41 PM
    And I don't think it should since the intent of PtG is to view files off storage. Viewing pdf attachments uses the native viewer. Now if PtG could edit files, then I could see a prompt. You should also not there is an OS6 version that seems to work this way vs the OS5 version you are accustomed to that obviously works different.

11-09-10 11:54 PM
    I don't agree. When normally opening a PDF attachment it would come up with a link that says "Open in PDF to Go" not edit. Same with Repligo. The open from attachment link should still be there, were not editing it, just oepning it.

I got a feeling it has something to do with the BES side of things. I tested this slightly where after updating my phone, I didn't activate the BES side, just used my BIS account and the PDF to Go and Repligo both showed links when opening the PDF attachment. Once the BES side was activated, that link stopped working on opening PDF attachements.

Dixit

11-10-10 12:04 AM
    I have changed my iPhone for a 9800, I prefer my BB ober apple, but DTG is far superior on the iPhone, I don't think it is worth paying for on BB, syncing is far more difficult and can only be done via USB and Google docs cant be edited. I amusing the trial of premium at the moment, I contacted DataViz to see if I could transfer my package across to BB, but was told that I would have to buy the package again, but I wont be wasting my money buying DTG, I don't think it is worth $5 let alone the $20 price DataViz are asking. Though I did see it for sale on one site, supposedly selling it at half price, reduced to $25 from $50
    11-10-10 12:20 AM
    Have both and it does the same thing in both places. Anyway who really cares? I doubt this will get fixed anytime soon since either way you can VIEW a PDF. The promp for other files types is only there since the app grants edit functionality. If PtG and DtG were both removed, you could still view email attachments with the native viewer.

11-10-10 06:34 AM
    But Doc2Go has far better features for viewing PDF attachments. That's one of the reasons I bought it. To say that it's no big deal because the native viewer will view it is not the issue. The issue is that the premium product is supposed to be able to be selected for attachments in emails.

On the second issue, the preview not matching the actual PDF, are others getting that problem. Actually I should ask whether those without Docs2Go actually can preview the PDF if they scroll to the bottom of the email? Perhaps that's a function of Docs2Go?
    11-10-10 05:18 PM
    I have BeamReader and the free DTG on my Torch with .337 OS.

Same thing, it opens the PDF with the built-in viewer, there's no option to choose what app to open it with (unlike Word and Excel docs). Also, no preview of the file in the email. Now, if I do open it in the native viewer, once it loads, I can hit BB menu and choose to "view text" or "view images (or maybe it says 'both')". Viewing "text" is much clearer and accurate for a text only pdf than the default image version.

And, yes, if I save the attachment, I can then open it with BeamReader, which was why I got BeamReader...to view PDFs on my media card that didn't come as email attachments.
    11-10-10 06:05 PM
    Not just reAl sure what your doing but I just opened a few PDF files both ways and no major differences that I can see. Zoom, page down, page up etc are all there in both. For viewing that's about all you get. What you are considering "needs to be fixed" will most likely not be addressed.

11-10-10 07:51 PM
    I just purchased Docs to Go Premium and is surprised the display and font looks very distorted. It feels like the font is on a low quality display and totally not smooth as how fonts look like.

Is this the same for everyone on 9800?
    11-14-10 09:44 PM
    have you zoomed in and out? please start a new thread on this topic.
    11-14-10 09:50 PM
    I just purchased Docs to Go Premium and is surprised the display and font looks very distorted. It feels like the font is on a low quality display and totally not smooth as how fonts look like.

Is this the same for everyone on 9800?
    I do have the same problem that you had. The font seems distorted as if font smoothing isn't activated but on PDF to Go v2.0005.082, the text looks good.

I have the newest OS, 6.0.0.337.

I have the newest premium (paid) version of Documents to Go, which appears to be 2.0005(081) for the main apps, and 2.0005(082) for PDF to go.

Harry
    As for Docs to Go Premuim version, where did you get that v2.0005.081? I just downloaded the trial version online and I am getting v2.0004.018 for Docs to Go and PDF to Go v2.0005.082. Which makes me wonder if you downloaded the correct version for OS 6.

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 11-14-10 at 10:00 PM.
    11-14-10 09:57 PM
    have you zoomed in and out? please start a new thread on this topic.
    No issue for attachment files, but we can see font distortion on the main screen and About page.
    11-14-10 10:26 PM
    Mine is also version 2.0005(081) - Sheet To Go. It's a paid premium version. Works fine on .337.
    11-14-10 10:27 PM
    Mine is also version 2.0005(081) - Sheet To Go. It's a paid premium version. Works fine on .337.
    Strange, I got 2.0004(018) from their website and when I check for updates from the 9800, it says it's already the latest version.

Btw, anyone knows where downloaded-attachments go to in our device?
    For example when we choose to Edit with Docs To Go, it will download the files first. Where did they go to in our device? I don't want the downloaded attachments to occupy the space.
    Last edited by kiseki_o_o; 11-14-10 at 10:36 PM.
    11-14-10 10:33 PM
    maybe i downloaded the trial version so can't get the latest version.

- Charles
    11-15-10 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD