Yes it is true by the years end or early at the beginning the TORCH will be released to Cincinnati Bell. So all you user that are getting ready to upgrade to something you might want to hold your horses till the TORCH is released. More to come on the release date as I find out more.
    11-09-10 01:21 PM
    Sounds good for Cincinnati Bell customers. Any documentation or source for this?
    11-09-10 01:41 PM
    Nothing that I can post, without busting someone balls. I must say I was using the 8900 6 months before it dropped on CBW and the 9700 3 months before it dropped as well (both CBW branded devices). I know your only crediable as the the documentation you provide.
    11-09-10 01:49 PM
    Hey, don't tease me.
    11-09-10 07:40 PM
    looks like the 9780 is coming too...

Hope this isn't old news...

Cincinnati Bell Rebate Center Cincinnati
    11-10-10 05:31 AM
    Any word on if either device (9780 or 9800) supports UMA on CinBell?
    11-11-10 09:55 PM
    Not really sure, I will ask.
    11-15-10 07:43 AM
    More to come on the release date as I find out more.
    Great news .... please let me/us know if you get any additional information about when it will be available. On a side note, they now have the 9780 listed on thier website for sale. But no Torch listed yet.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Felonious513; 11-30-10 at 04:07 PM.
    11-30-10 04:00 PM
    Great news .... please let me/us know if you get any additional information about when it will be available. On a side note, they now have the 9780 listed on thier website for sale. But no Torch listed yet.

Thanks.
    The 9780 has been in stores since Black Friday.
    11-30-10 08:26 PM
    The 9780 has been in stores since Black Friday.
    Yeah I have had mine a little while now, still nothing new on the Torch I am thinking they have pushed it back till next year. I will check with my sources soon. Sorry
    12-03-10 04:32 AM
    I'm guessing they pushed it back to 2011 until their "any phone for free" sale is over. They don't want to be giving those away for free, even with a 2-year agreement.
    I'm sure the 9780 doesn't cost them any more than than the 9700 but the Torch has got to be more expensive.
    12-03-10 09:30 PM
    Ok let the bashings begin, just heard from my source that the TORCH will NOT be coming to CBW. OH the shame and agony, no punches below the belt!!!!
    12-10-10 12:49 PM
    Oh well - that's what unlocking is for
    I had a 9700 running on CBW before they were available directly from them.
    Only bad thing (besides not getting subsidized if you agree to a contract) is the lack of UMA...would be nice to have but not a deal breaker for me
    12-10-10 12:54 PM
    has there been any update on this as it is currently not an option?
    01-03-11 09:11 AM
    has there been any update on this as it is currently not an option?
    What's to update?

...just heard from my source that the TORCH will NOT be coming to CBW...
    01-03-11 09:43 AM
    you can get an unloocked BB to get UMA on cincinnatibell wireless. As long as it has wifi.
    01-03-11 04:00 PM
    Cinn Bell is the reason I now have a Torch. My wife had been dealing with them the past 5 years and had a problem last month. There was a $10 charge from "Matchmyhand.com", a number we never called. When she asked the rep, she was told there was nothing they could do & she would have to contact them by email to dispute it.
    I asked her to get back with Cinn Bell and ask them the date and time the call was made. The Rep told her they had no records showing the call made. (how do they charge if they cant track calls?)
    We cancelled our connection and went to Best Buy got 2 new Torches (ATT) for free by signing up with ATT for 2 years and love them. Now we can go online to the ATT site and see every call,time called,time spent,,pretty much everything.
    That $10 "unknown" call was the best thing to happen to us !!
    01-03-11 10:11 PM
    Ok back to the table, the latest is that they are going to be releasing the TORCH sometime in the second quarter.........I should have kept my mouth shut but we will see.
    01-14-11 03:25 PM
    Cinn Bell is the reason I now have a Torch. My wife had been dealing with them the past 5 years and had a problem last month. There was a $10 charge from "Matchmyhand.com", a number we never called. When she asked the rep, she was told there was nothing they could do & she would have to contact them by email to dispute it.
    I asked her to get back with Cinn Bell and ask them the date and time the call was made. The Rep told her they had no records showing the call made. (how do they charge if they cant track calls?)
    We cancelled our connection and went to Best Buy got 2 new Torches (ATT) for free by signing up with ATT for 2 years and love them. Now we can go online to the ATT site and see every call,time called,time spent,,pretty much everything.
    That $10 "unknown" call was the best thing to happen to us !!
    Someone has really misinformed you, you can track all your calls by looking at your bill online. I am not sure all of the details and not trying to say what happened is untrue, but I would have called back and looked for a different answer. As far as the dispute you DO NOT need to contact by email.
    01-14-11 03:28 PM
    The call did not show when we checked our billing (paper & online)so she talked to 3 different people on the phone and got the same answer. I then asked her to go down to the local outlet and was told the exact same thing, except they were more interested in getting her to "upgrade" our current deal. She called matchmyhand and after 45 min of waiting for a rep to answer she went the email route.
    It was the fact the rep was more interested in getting us to upgrade than helping solve our problem. We got our refund last week and have been loving our new Torches. Things happen for a reason !!
    01-14-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD