I have a 9700 and I LOVE the keyboard and can type super fast with accuracy. I tried a demo Torch today, thinking it looked to have the same keyboard as my 9700. But I kept making mistakes and it felt "wrong" to me. Is it supposed to be the same keyboard, or was it maybe just the demo unit in the store that felt different? Has anyone else noticed a difference?
    11-08-10 09:07 PM
    OH MAN YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

I thought i was the only one noticing this. I HATE the keyboard on the torch. My 9700 keyboard was nirvana to type on!! I'm making tonnes of mistakes with my Torch...

Why do they keep changing these damn keyboards!
    11-08-10 09:19 PM
    I have a 9700 and I LOVE the keyboard and can type super fast with accuracy. I tried a demo Torch today, thinking it looked to have the same keyboard as my 9700. But I kept making mistakes and it felt "wrong" to me. Is it supposed to be the same keyboard, or was it maybe just the demo unit in the store that felt different? Has anyone else noticed a difference?
    I have an inactive 8330 beside the torch and yes, the torch keypad is more congested, flatter and feels different, due to thinner back plate and because of the heavy top part of the phone. I find the touch screen keyboard faster somehow. As far as I know it's flatter than the 9700 also.
    11-08-10 09:21 PM
    Getting used to any keyboard takes time. The Torch keyboard is more solid and lacks the clackiness of older berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:23 PM
    The keyboards looks the same, but the keys on the Torch are flatter...the peaks are not as pronounced. They material also feels different, they're a hard plastic (similar to the old 83xx series) as opposed to the slightly rubbery feeling the Tour/Bold keyboards have.
    11-09-10 12:54 AM
    I am slowly mastering the virtual keyboard for the exact same reason. However, if I have a long email to type, I do use the physical one.
    11-09-10 12:58 AM
    Thats why i returned my Torch yesterday for a full refund in anticipation of getting teh 9780.....I couldnt live with the Torch keyboard forever......sa I paid an arm and a leg for it....
    11-09-10 08:32 AM
    I actually have to say that out of all the BB keypads I have worked with, the 8310 was the smoothest and easiest to use. The Torch and Bold keypads are similar, I think the getting-used-to-it factor comes from the Torch having its pad in a small recess with raised borders, whereas the Bold's keypad was more easily accessible. My error rate on the Torch is similar to the Bold, I just find that some of the top keys lack a bit of tactile feedback (not enough to get upset with it and return it though).
    11-09-10 08:53 AM
    Thats why i returned my Torch yesterday for a full refund in anticipation of getting teh 9780.....I couldnt live with the Torch keyboard forever......sa I paid an arm and a leg for it....
    LOL! you liked your so called superior device 9800 and its touch screen and the keyboard...

You keep changing your statements...

I am sure you got a trial of 9800 which you had to return it anyways....

So now that you have to return it anyways ... you are left with using your old nokia xxx but i know for you it will be a superior device because YOU are using it.. WOW and everyone should buy it right? LOL!
    11-09-10 09:02 AM
    The keyboard is slightly flatter but IMHO it is not bad. I had a Bold 9700 previous to my Torch and I would say the Torch keyboard feels and responds about 85% the same way as the Bold. I find some keys to be slightly more sensitive, which is better. If you like big clunky keys, the Curve is for you...
    11-09-10 09:03 AM
    I had a 9700 before my 9800. I can say that my experience on the 9700 keyboard was better than the 9800. The sizes are almost identical however the 9800 is flatter and it's a bit harder to feel the grooves in the keys because of this.

Typing on the 9700 is more natural and comfortable. Could also be because of the form factor.
    11-09-10 09:30 AM
    I had the 9700 before the torch and aslo loved that keyboard but after a few days with the torch I got a good feel for it and I think its better then the 9700. It just feels better to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 01:22 AM
    I don't like the keyboard on my torch. Its cumbersome and I can't type properly. The heavy screen keeps pulling down the phone and my hands give up after a while.
    11-10-10 02:39 PM
    coming from a Bold 9000.. it took some time for me to adjust to the Torch..
    howver, having a portrait and a landscape view made the difference..
    now, i don't think i can switch back to a non-touch screen.
    11-10-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD