I have been avoiding upgrading from quickpull 4.0.3 which mostly works on my bold 9650. Tonight I noticed that 5.0 is available -- I cant find any info about v5 on the manufacturers website. Anyone try it out? I'm working on using BBSAK to backup my 3rd party apps now before upgrading.

edit: bold 9650 w/ blackberry 5.
    11-08-10 08:05 PM
    works fine. New version now has twitter integration if you want it. Also on reset and boot up screen shows before and after ### MB Before ### MB After.
    11-08-10 09:55 PM
    Not so sure about that upgrade - v4 worked flawlessly on my S2..... saw this v5.0.1upgrade this AM - doesn't work on my S2

Looked at reviews on BB AppWorld and there are tons referencing this upgrade doesn't work and has many bugs that need to be worked out I agree! Wish I read them 1st before doing upgrade myself....
    11-09-10 08:46 AM
    Went through the same thing. Version 4 worked flawlessly, but the "upgrade" simply doesn't work on a 8530 running OS 5. Also, people should realize if you upgrade from app world, after installing you're prompted to upgrade again, which requires another reset. Then when you try and use the app, you have yet another download, which (you guessed it) requires yet another reset. For those keeping count that's one reset to delete the version that worked, one following second upgrade and another one following the required download you find out about when you first try and use the app. Of course, to "trouble-shoot" the problem, you're directed to reset again or, even better, to change application permissions to deny (requiring yet another reset) and then changing them back to allow. All told this "upgrade" not only loses functionality like memory monitoring, but generally doesn't work. The amount of time you invest to make this discovery given the number of resets required is nothing short of shocking, even for a free app. In a word, useless (back to cntl-alt-del!).
    11-09-10 10:21 AM
    In addition to lost functionality, you can now only schedule daily...

I don't need to reset daily now I have the Torch. That would have been fine for my os4.6 bold, but when I upgraded that to os5.0 I only needed to restart every couple of days, so I picked the schedule to suit that.

Installed the new version last night, only time will tell whether it works or not at present.

barljo
    11-09-10 11:10 AM
    Quickpull was a great app, however the new upgrade simply sucks. Regardless of various installs and actual battery pulls QP refuses to actually reboot my berry.

App-DELETED
    11-09-10 10:22 PM
    As soon as I saw that the scheduler was daily only and there was no option for day(s) of the week; I didn't even get around to testing to see if it reboots the phone properly or not.
    11-10-10 08:43 AM
    Here's the the link to use on your BB's to get QuickPull v5 working..... tried it on my S2 after prob's yesterday and it works. New version only gives you option to schedule daily reset (vs wkly), but easy fix - just schedule reset overnite.....

http://files.steelthorn.com/labs/QuickPull.jad
    11-10-10 03:28 PM
    App sucks!!! Stay with the 4.0 version, it's much better and has a great scheduler. I downloaded 5.0, and can't find the old one to go back to.
    11-10-10 07:46 PM
    Here's the the link to use on your BB's to get QuickPull v5 working..... tried it on my S2 after prob's yesterday and it works. New version only gives you option to schedule daily reset (vs wkly), but easy fix - just schedule reset overnite.....

http://tinyurl.com/qp5beta
    Thanks for the link. Just tried version 5.02 and it works. It still doesn't have the same functionality as version 4, but at least this allows you to schedule daily resets. Oddly enough, while I find that my 8530 runs more smoothly if I reset it daily, the reset doesn't clear up any memory based on the report after a quickpull reset. Either way, for anyone running version 4, you're better off than those of us who "upgraded".

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-11-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD