There have been countless rumors for the both the BlackBerry Storm3 and a Bold/Touchscreen hybrid device, most notably known as the Magnum and/or Dakota. One thing that has lacked for the Storm3 was a codename. At one point many thought that ‘Mr. T‘ and later ‘Talladega‘ were codenames for the Storm3. However, those turned out to be for the, now released, Torch 9800.

One of our connects has dropped us what just may be the first codename for the Storm3. Apparently, the Storm3′s codename is the BlackBerry Monaco. We’re hoping this is the first of many new information to come out regarding this device. The Storm3 was thought to be a Storm2 refresh (9570), but this later turned out to allegedly get cancelled. A new image has surfaced, which many believe it to be a shot of a Storm3 prototype. Nevertheless, a codename can sometimes help in the hunt for new information on a device.

The second mystery device to get a new codename is the Bold/Touchscreen hybrid. Apparently, this device, which was known as the Magnum and Dakota, is know called the BlackBerry Montana. This device has also been rumored to be model 9900. The Montana is said to keep the Bold 9000 form factor and include a touchscreen. This sounds like the device many have been waiting for.

With all BlackBerry concepts and pre-production units, their codenames sometimes change. These are supposedly their current codenames, but they can change at any time. We’re hoping as time goes on more information will turn up that will ease our guessing about these two mysterious devices.

Source: BlackBerry Storm3 Gets Codename Monaco; Bold/Touchscreen Hybrid Codenamed Montana | BlackBerry Leaks
    Oh my goodness. I can't wait for BlackBerry Montana
    Last edited by blazed12; 11-09-10 at 03:09 AM.
    11-08-10 06:43 PM
    About time we get something more if this is true.
    11-08-10 06:46 PM
    there is a sreen shot of vodaphone germany with a 9900 listed
    11-08-10 06:55 PM
    i think it was berryreview or bgr
    11-08-10 06:56 PM
    Wonder if someone else in the Storm3 pic thread was on to something? Thought I saw something about rumored 1Q release. Timing is so much fun.
    11-08-10 07:38 PM
    Very cool but Montana? LOL WUT?
    11-08-10 07:48 PM
    FINALLY!!!! I was ALMOST going back to Palm..ALMOST...a touch screen Bold...I'll be all set
    11-08-10 07:55 PM
    I would love it if it had the Bold 9000 form factor!
    11-08-10 07:59 PM
    seriously! this would be awesome! so ready to ditch my tour!!!
    11-08-10 09:20 PM
    well thats good news maybe we will get more leaked info before to many people switch to iphone or droid
    11-08-10 09:30 PM

Here is something to blow up your mind. Apparently, this could be the first image to appear of the BlackBerry Storm3. While its still hard to make out if it is real or not, reports are coming in that it could be real.

Don’t hold us to it, as form factors change, sometimes even at the last minute before final release. The image above may just be a Storm3 prototype of sorts. However, we feel it could hold up.

From what we can see from the image it appears that the SurePress technology has been dropped for a more capacitive touchscreen like the one found on the Torch 9800. A trackpad has also been added. The screen is said to be 3.7-inches long, which makes is narrower in width. It is also rumored to have 8GB of internal memory. A front facing camera was also rumored to be on the Storm3, however, you cannot see if there is one because of the ‘m’ sticker on the device (whatever that might be for).

It will be interesting to see what more comes of the Storm3 and if we see any more info or images arise. If the image is real, then those with more info usually start pushing it out. What do you think, could it be the Storm3?

First Image of the BlackBerry Storm3? | BlackBerry Leaks
    11-08-10 10:03 PM

Here is something to blow up your mind. Apparently, this could be the first image to appear of the BlackBerry Storm3. While its still hard to make out if it is real or not, reports are coming in that it could be real.

Don�t hold us to it, as form factors change, sometimes even at the last minute before final release. The image above may just be a Storm3 prototype of sorts. However, we feel it could hold up.

From what we can see from the image it appears that the SurePress technology has been dropped for a more capacitive touchscreen like the one found on the Torch 9800. A trackpad has also been added. The screen is said to be 3.7-inches long, which makes is narrower in width. It is also rumored to have 8GB of internal memory. A front facing camera was also rumored to be on the Storm3, however, you cannot see if there is one because of the �m� sticker on the device (whatever that might be for).

It will be interesting to see what more comes of the Storm3 and if we see any more info or images arise. If the image is real, then those with more info usually start pushing it out. What do you think, could it be the Storm3?

First Image of the BlackBerry Storm3? | BlackBerry Leaks
    Umm.. Are you serious??

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...3-pics-530962/
    11-08-10 10:18 PM
    Thanks for copying and pasting off the home page and then 'allowing' us to discuss it.

Sheesh
    11-09-10 02:35 AM
    Man i don't know about ya'll but Im seriously getting tired of the wait. I love RIM. I really do, but how many of us have been waiting on RIM to really wow us and yet still be glued to our computers night after night. I keep trying to tell myself to be patient, especially after the wait WebOS users had to wait just for a updated model. I honestly don't even know if i want anything with OS5 on it when I know QNX is coming. Don't get me wrong, I am almost fiending for the new browser in OS6 (its borderline scary), but want to spend my hard earned money on something that isn't "just another" BB. If the above pic is the Storm 3 (I'd assume it doesn't have the QNX OS) then it looks like its shaping up to be an ok device but its hard to wait for it when your getting bored with your 8900 and nothing else from this company tempts you.

**depression sinks in**
    11-09-10 02:40 AM
    Thanks for copying and pasting off the home page and then 'allowing' us to discuss it.

Sheesh
    Well, you don't have to be a D I C K about it
    11-09-10 03:09 AM
    I wouldn't mind the bold touchscreen :d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 08:21 AM
    Notice all the Trash in the back of that picture
    11-09-10 08:48 AM
    It would be awesome if the information on those packets were helpful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 10:01 AM
    The silence from RIM on new phones is deafening
    11-09-10 01:52 PM
    Notice all the Trash in the back of that picture
    I think that picture was intentionally planted by the AOHA people to promote their yogurt.
    11-09-10 02:20 PM
    LOL.. funny thing is, i couldnt find that product on google. I was wondering where it was from, maybe it would give a clue to the picture origins... lol
    11-09-10 03:47 PM
    I think I remember seeing someone say that the writing was Indonesian. It wasn't on here, I don't believe...but I wouldn't know haha
    11-09-10 03:51 PM
    I like the Magnum codename better. Reminds me of my daily uses
    11-09-10 04:10 PM
    Reminds me of Hawaii!
    11-10-10 08:21 AM
    Can somebody move this to the S3 9570 section? These S3 threads are getting too spread out. Thanks.
    11-10-10 09:58 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD