I am looking into getting the Verizon's 9650, probably some time later next month. I am not too familiar with the rim's release cycle, from what I see it's not as obviously "should have waited a month for a new one to come out" that android and apple follow. So is this a good buy, or is there word on something newer, preferably on the bold-level.
    11-08-10 09:58 AM
    I am not aware of anything similar to the 9650 coming out, but I can tell you that this is the best blackberry I have ever had. I went from the 8310, 8330, Storm, Tour, Back to Storm and I am deeply in LOVE with this phone. Of course it all depends on your preference and what you look for in a phone, but this phone does the job. I am on it constantly with IM's, texthing, phone calls, facebook, twitter, etc. and I love it. My bold never leaves my sight haha! Awesome phone, its fast, its fun and easy to text with (for me anyway) and its just a fun phone to have for business and personal use.
    11-08-10 10:11 AM
    +1 I agree with bry. The BOLD is by far the best device I've owned, see my sig for the list. The longest I've gone is 6 months with one device (Pearl) and the shortest was 5 or 6 weeks (Storm2). I think I saw Bold going EOL at the end of March, so it's replacement won't be around until next summer. RIM seems to be on an annual refresh cycle.
    11-08-10 10:32 AM
    I'm upgrading to the Bold 9650 from the Tour 9630. Everything I've heard about it has been really positive.. IMO this is what should have come out instead of the Tour.
    11-08-10 11:37 AM
    I'm upgrading to the Bold 9650 from the Tour 9630. Everything I've heard about it has been really positive.. IMO this is what should have come out instead of the Tour.
    Agreed. The Tour was my absolute favorite until the 9650 came out. It is very similar to the Tour only with a track pad and more memory really. I don't understand why they didnt do that in the first place when other phones had track pads already.
    11-08-10 12:25 PM
    Definitely agree. The 9650 is one of the best if not the best blackberry with a qwerty keyboard out right now. If that's the type of phone you prefer I'd say itd be a great choice to choose the 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 12:32 PM
    the 9650 is a solid device...pick it up!
    11-08-10 05:40 PM
    I am waiting for something new. I have had BlackBerry's all the way back to the 7250. Been out of contract and think I'll wait it out until a new model/design shows up at Verizon. There hasn't been a complete "new" (not revamped) BlackBerry in quite some time on Verizon. I also have a Torch through my business and it is far and away the best BlackBerry I have owned. It would have been nice to see Verizon have something like that in the lineup. I like that touchscreen much better than the storm and the keyboard and trackpad are great to go with the touchscreen. Hoping something comes to Verizon soon.
    11-10-10 01:35 PM
    WAIT!!!...NEVER UPGRADE...YOU SAVE MORE AS A *NEW* COSTUMER...with the rumor of a second SKU (stock keepers unit) for the 9650 on VZW it MIGHT be a PREloaded OS6...I'm waiting. That's my $.2

11-10-10 01:47 PM
    WAIT!!!...NEVER UPGRADE...YOU SAVE MORE AS A *NEW* COSTUMER...with the rumor of a second SKU (stock keepers unit) for the 9650 on VZW it MIGHT be a PREloaded OS6...I'm waiting. That's my $.2

You get the same price upgrading as a new customer would, possibly better if you wait 20 months and get your additional $30/$50 NE2 credit. And waiting for preloaded OS6? Who cares. Not exactly difficult to install an OS.
    11-10-10 02:02 PM
    Bold + OS6 + pretty much perfect. That is until Verizon comes out with a LTE version. Or the Dakota. lol
    11-10-10 05:24 PM
    Agreed. The Tour was my absolute favorite until the 9650 came out. It is very similar to the Tour only with a track pad and more memory really. I don't understand why they didnt do that in the first place when other phones had track pads already.
    That's the reason I didn't upgrade to it from my Tour. Re-releasing essentially the same device that had to have been in development right along side the Tour didn't sit well with me. If I were a new user though I wouldn't have had a problem with the 9650. It'll be an even better device with OS6 and finally a decent BB browser.
    11-10-10 08:52 PM
    the Bold is a decent built device. There is nothing negative about this device.
    11-10-10 09:28 PM
    You get the same price upgrading as a new customer would, possibly better if you wait 20 months and get your additional $30/$50 NE2 credit. And waiting for preloaded OS6? Who cares. Not exactly difficult to install an OS.
    OS's are easy to load IF you have a PC (no need here)...PREloaded OS6 means more memory

11-11-10 10:19 AM
    Hmm.. now thinking about getting the Bold. Everybody has a very positive review of it.
    11-19-10 06:59 AM

Same pricing for new and upgrade.

PREloaded OS6 means more memory

No it doesn't.
    11-19-10 07:12 AM

Calm down.
    And I think its $.02 ...
    not 20 cents.. haha
    11-19-10 07:32 AM
    If you can wait I would. There certain to be something better coming soon.
    11-19-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD