I've had my Tour for almost two years and am on the 5th replacement. The last two have been due to not having cell service where I normally should. Other phones will work where mine will not. Are others having this type of issue? I'm on the verge of being DONE with Blackberry with such unreliability and no service reps with Verizon acknowling the problem or having a solution. Suggestions, feedback?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 09:36 PM
    How can you have a tour for almost 2 years when it got released last summer?

Back to your question: I had a warranty replacement done bu Sprint for this issue. So I would keep pestering VZW. They have a record of your previous replacement. Its up to them though as you are out of your 1 year warranty.
    11-08-10 08:27 AM
    April 2009 is when Verizon released the Tour.

11-08-10 11:02 PM
    11-09-10 08:18 AM
    ...thats almost 2 years.

anyway, Yes. My verizon tour has been giving me issues. The reception is fine, but over the last 2 months, email has really become poor. Sometimes they dont come in, sometimes hours late. I think I may call VZW today
    11-09-10 09:06 AM
    I have had my phone for almost a year and this is my second one the first one was quirky but that got stolen so now I am having problems with my second phones trackball and I was kicked out of the insurance plan I also do not like this phone because it has tiny buttons and I have trouble with the buttons but back to the question the phone is on the satelite service not wireless hot spots so the other models like the storm run on the hot spots so that might be why you also might want to do The roaming and capability enhancement
    Option 2
    And wait
    Should make signal stronger
    Posted from my CrackBerry tour at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by idioticmeowsers; 11-09-10 at 12:31 PM.
    11-09-10 12:26 PM
    spent over an hour on the phone with a sprint rep / tech support today. kept having dropped calls (more than usual today) 10 in just 15 min!! while trying to get a sprint rep on the phone. had to use a diff phone. bad signal strength. alot of roaming, or no signal at all. lots of other "issues" too. (browser, battery drain) the usual that you read around the forum.... upgraded the os this morning that sprint released and all these things became worse instead of better!! so i called them - and they told me there was a tower out. they said it was the update to the os. i should downgrade. then they had me update a "profile" and they did something with the cell broadcast settings and host routing table. then they told me to bring it to the store for a hard reset. (which ive already had done three times in the past two months). browser click issue really bad too - could not click on anything!! then he asked me if i had the phone replaced. i said no, and i will not accept a refurbished tour. IMO a refurb is someone elses problematic throwback they claim to "fix" and push off on someone else. i know what problems this phone has, id rather be stuck with it, then get one with more/worse problems, until i can upgrade. He then said he was putting me on hold to speak with management. after 5 min he came back and said he was going to call me back after seeing what they could do for me. never got a call back, so i will be calling them first thing in the morning.
    11-09-10 07:56 PM
    Seriously Mistik1973? Geez get a life.

To everyone else -my issues continue, the 228 option will improve service sometimes, but only on the day I do it. Verizon has offered me a trial period on a different phone without paying a restocking fee or contract if the service issues continue. I suppose I will go that route.

11-12-10 04:46 PM
    ...thats almost 2 years.

anyway, Yes. My verizon tour has been giving me issues. The reception is fine, but over the last 2 months, email has really become poor. Sometimes they dont come in, sometimes hours late. I think I may call VZW today
    Do call verizon, but read this whole thread first. I bet you're having problems with gmail.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f156/vz...roblem-539187/
    11-12-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD