Pulled my 9700 out of the holster this evening and when it came out of standby I had this weird looking screen.

Hoping it's a software issue, running .862?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by garyf33; 11-06-10 at 10:57 PM.
    11-06-10 10:53 PM
    Water damage. File an insurance claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 11:02 PM
    Water damage. File an insurance claim.

I agree. It definitely seems like water damage. You can either file an insurance claim, or you can take it into one of your carriers corporate stores and have them verify whether it is or is not whether water damaged by one of their in store tech-support reps and notate your acct with their findings. It might save you from having to pay the deductible.
    11-07-10 09:30 PM
    I agree. It definitely seems like water damage. You can either file an insurance claim, or you can take it into one of your carriers corporate stores and have them verify whether it is or is not whether water damaged by one of their in store tech-support reps and notate your acct with their findings. It might save you from having to pay the deductible.
    There is another possibility that the tech rep staff can or could lie and deny it ever was water damaged entirely, or it could be Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) damage resulting from improper handling. I did ESD testing with a BBQ igniter on an old computer motherboard and you can bet there was some damage from a single hit.

Edit: rephrased "ESD", as I made a typo.
    11-08-10 03:58 AM
    I did check the 2 watermarks, battery and next to the contacts on the device itself and they are both white.

This device has been in a Otterbox Defender Case since I recieved it.
    11-08-10 09:08 AM
    I did check the 2 watermarks, battery and next to the contacts on the device itself and they are both white.

This device has been in a Otterbox Defender Case since I recieved it.
    If you took it apart, the warranty will be void.

11-08-10 02:40 PM
    If you took it apart, the warranty will be void.

Didn't take it apart at all. Wouldn't even attempt to do that!
    11-08-10 02:43 PM
    Didn't take it apart at all. Wouldn't even attempt to do that!
    The next thing to do is file an insurance claim if you have insurance provided by your carrier.

11-08-10 02:54 PM
    Yup I had that same problem. Apparently water damage. I took mine apart, put it in a rice bag, put another OS on it. I tried everything and it didn't work.. Get it replaced.
    11-08-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD