Hey im a new BB user, just got the torch and i updated to .337
    how many battery pulls did every do befor they felt the phone was up to speed?
    11-06-10 03:47 PM
    I have only done 2 and everything is great. 1 after the update and the second after I installed a few new apps.
    11-06-10 03:56 PM
    Same here. 1 after update, and 2nd when I got all my apps re-registered etc.
    11-06-10 03:57 PM
    2 reboots (i use the alt+rtshift+del shortcut). One because Torch froze on first boot after install when I tried to exit the Setup screen. Then, second reboot after uninstalling an app I didn't want anymore.
    11-06-10 04:01 PM
    2 reboots (i use the alt+rtshift+del shortcut).
    I use this same technique for reboot/batt pulls. Don't know why ppl still physically batt pull while this method exists.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 04:28 PM
    hmm ive pulled about 4 times, maybe i should wait 20 mins or so between pulls to maybe give the phone a chance to catchup?
    11-06-10 04:33 PM
    I haven't physically pulled my battery since the first week that I got my torch. I've rebooted a few times after installing or removing apps but hevent since upgrading to 337. I don't think there is really a need to anymore like older phones.
    11-06-10 04:42 PM
    I haven't had to reboot the phone at all, .337 is running smooth for me right out of the gate
    11-06-10 05:13 PM
    I use this same technique for reboot/batt pulls. Don't know why ppl still physically batt pull while this method exists.

There are more than enough threads, on multiple for ums discussing the differences between a soft reboot and a hard reboot. I have had a problem that a soft reboot didn't fix and removing the battery for a few minutes did. There's a difference. RIM

I only pull the battery after updating the OS. From this point on I don't even do soft reboots unless something doesn't work. And that is very rare for any every Blackberry I have had.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 11-06-10 at 05:28 PM.
    11-06-10 05:25 PM
    I did one after I updated the OS, everything has been fine so far

11-06-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD