Has anyone heard anything about the Pearl 9100 going CDMA (specifically to Verizon) anytime soon? I'm a big Pearl fan (love the suretype and size) but my business carrier is Verizon. I'm getting sick of 8130's dying on me and my admin trying to order me a 9650. I would love to upgrade but big fingers and a 9650 don't quite work.
    11-06-10 12:02 PM
    i second that sentiment! i currently have the pearl 9100 on cincinnati bell - i'm testing them out. LOVE the phone, but HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE cincinnati bell! so want to switch back to verizon already.

but, i want a chance to keep the pearl due to my small hands and the ease of texting/typing with one hand.

any news on this?

when i have mentioned on the phone with the verizon reps that i have a pearl and ask if they have one, they scoff at me and say, "oh no....that's a really old phone, we don't carry that anymore". so i don't know if they are really that oblivious that their competition has a new one, or are trying to downplay it since they don't have or aren't getting it. either way, i NEEED them to have it!! ASAP!
    11-29-10 08:59 PM
    I would definitely like to know, as well. Currently rocking a DX and have a 9650, but I LOVE SureType and would even consider dropping the X for a Pearl if it actually came out on VZW, but I'm sure that won't happen anytime in the near future just because I want it to. But I hope someone would have some input on here. I've heard a grand total of ZERO rumors, so who knows...
    12-14-10 11:52 AM
    ^Same here! I have both the Bold and the Droid X on Verizon, but would switch to a Pearl in a heartbeat. Love the formfactor and SureType.
    12-17-10 03:56 AM
    OMG! I just went to the ATT store to straighten some things out (they are always screwing up my account and can't override it) and the lady that was trying to help me said that VZW is getting the new pearl soon!! Said something about the spring. This came out in just conversation. I am so ready to brake up with ATT!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:24 PM
    I'm right there hoping and wishing that this phone would somehow be released as a 9130 so as to be cdma and be released on verizon... I miss my 8130's form factor, battery life, and keyboard sooo much.
    01-13-11 11:34 PM
    I have a droid x and will drop it asap when Verizon starts selling this Pearl 3g! Hurry Verizon! I miss the Pearl bad!
    02-22-11 11:16 AM
    Verizon is still on their honeymoon with the iPhone at the moment.

Once that's over... Who knows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD