That's all I have to say.
    11-06-10 11:35 AM
    Is OS6 on the 9700 that bad?
    11-06-10 11:36 AM
    One day it will be awesome. Right now it is practically unusable. I push my phone fairly hard though so others may disagree.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 11:41 AM
    I never considered my self a light user but I've only had a couple of small issues with OS6 and overall I'm happy with it. What made it "practically unuseable" for you?

11-06-10 12:44 PM
    6 for the 9700 is basically unusable in its current state. So far:

* BBM QR scanner only works for bbm barcodes (a step down from when it scanned all compliant QR)

*Apps lose their ability to invoke the menu (UberTwitter, Google Voice)

*3P apps will access the camera once, then not again till battery pull

*no themes

*Podcasts tool treats every episode as its own series (holy annoying, Batman)

I'll be going back to .979 later today. Hope the next 6 leak addresses at least one of these issues.

Samixxx likes this.
    11-06-10 01:15 PM
    I guess people use their phones in different ways. I think OS6 is awesome and have almost no difficulties. Still rough in some areas, but it's not even a first release. For others: "unusable." OK.
    11-06-10 01:38 PM
    I installed os6 and it was too buggy, to slow i just couldnt habdle it. First time i installed a leak and had a very bad experience with the leaked os6 for my 9700. Now i installed the latest official and its woriking great. For sure i will get the os6 later, but when it become official, never a leak again.

11-06-10 01:43 PM
    New gripe: Doesn't send MMS the same way, and new way doesn't work with older BBs. Just sent a picture as a "text message" to person running. 5.x on a curve, and no picture was attached.

11-06-10 03:34 PM
    I too am back to OS 5. I really want to like OS 6, and if they iron out all the wrinkles it will be nice, I have to admit. But 'til then, I'd rather have functionality then just something new to play with and make sacrifices for 100% functionality. Obviously this is just my opinion.
    11-06-10 03:45 PM
    I haven't had any issues with OS6. I love it.

11-06-10 03:48 PM
    I haven't had one issue with os 6, I'm really enjoying it. Its fast, responsive, and I love the browser. As for my opinion on the fourm users I don't think any os build will ever totally please anyof youz. But to each their own

11-06-10 03:53 PM
    It's mostly up to app developers to make their apps run os 6. I personally use really no 3rd pary apps and 6 is a blast for me!

I would not go back to 5 even if you forced me to!
    11-06-10 04:07 PM
    Could only handle os6 for a day and turned back to os5. For me the dealbreaker was the web browser, it gave this "too big for device" error almost for every website and I found this new "auto column view" thing to be not my cup of tea.

Other than the web browser I was expecting to use this wireless media sync feature, tried it, not for me.

Social feeds etc. stuff are kind of uneeded on my side either because I don't have any problems with the twitter apps I'm using, and I'm using google reader for rss.

I'm sure they'll improve a lot of stuff once a official release happens but until then I'm happy with 5
    Last edited by euthanasia; 11-06-10 at 04:37 PM.
    11-06-10 04:35 PM
    Whilst waiting for OS5 to download, I tried deleting an occurrence of a repeating calendar entry on OS6. It won't delete. Ridiculous.
    11-06-10 04:35 PM
    I've been using OS6 for about 2 days now and I haven't noticed anything wrong with 3rd party apps. At least not with the ones I use (Urbanspoon, Poynt, etc.). The only annoying thing I've seen is all this web2go junk that clutters up the browser bookmarks. It may just be a TMO thing, but it's annoying as ****.

11-06-10 04:36 PM
    Another gripe: some (dupe) contacts are undeletable. Like I select the contact in the address book and can't invoke the menu to delete it. Had to use ABC to delete the entry.

11-06-10 04:44 PM
    I downgraded back to 5.0.0.938 and haven't had a problem since. So glad I did.

11-06-10 04:48 PM
    Yeah, but contrary to an earlier post of yours, Brian, 5.x isn't bug free. It's stable, but far from bug free.

11-06-10 04:56 PM
    This is the first leak we have seen. Whilst it is clearly not for everyone, the concept is excellent.

It is also true that many applications will require new releases to a). work with OS6 and b). to take advantage of OS6's new features and capabilities.

I do not understand why people cannot understand that when we get a leak, it is a version of the OS that, so far, a carrier has not released. WHy do you think that would be? My answer is that it is not ready for general release.

You load such OSs to your phone at your peril.

I am loving OS6 on my 9700.
    11-06-10 05:08 PM
    New gripe: T, B, I and O shortcuts missing from browser.

11-06-10 05:10 PM
    Those shortcuts work for me. I'm loving OS 6.
    11-06-10 05:17 PM
    That's all I have to say.
    Check out my thread.
    11-06-10 07:30 PM
    New gripe: T, B, I and O shortcuts missing from browser.
    Those shortcuts are there. But you have to turn them on in the browser options. One that I miss is L to show what a link is before clicking it.
    11-06-10 08:32 PM
    Those shortcuts are there. But you have to turn them on in the browser options. One that I miss is L to show what a link is before clicking it.
    That's just re-god-damn-diculous.
    11-06-10 08:36 PM
    *Apps lose their ability to invoke the menu (UberTwitter, Google Voice)
    both of these work fine for me on OS6, menu items included.

11-06-10 10:18 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD