I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years and am very pleased with my service. Anyway, yesterday I got a call from them thanking me and asking me if I would be interested in doing an early upgrade. I currently have the Tour, and she told me that I could get the Bold (newer version) for little or no cost. Since I am happy with my Tour, I told her no thanks because I am due up for my renewal this summer and I am taking the wait and see approach for the iPhone to come to Verizon. She then offered me a free months service since I didn't want the phone and she said I would just be signing up for another year but it wouldn't hurt my upgrade this summer (since I do not plan on dropping Verizon, I accepted). Anyway, is it possible that they are trying to get people to upgrade early in preparation for the arrival of the iPhone? I figured they may be trying to get people to upgrade early so they wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade when the iPhone is released (it would help with the initial surge and these people would likely still get one with their next upgrade or may even just go ahead and pay full price to get one immediately). Does anyone else see this as a possible scenario?
    11-05-10 11:40 AM
    I think you are letting your imagination get the best of you (respectfully). I think it is more likely that they have an abundance of Bold's in stock and are trying to get rid of them ASAP.
    11-05-10 12:04 PM
    They just want people to upgrade and/or commit to a longer term to prevent users from leaving. Has nothing to do with a phone that hasn't even been released or confirmed.
    11-05-10 12:30 PM
    Yeah, all you people speak so confindently about the Iphone. Like you KNOW Verizon is getting it. It has NOT been confirmed.

Also, why the **** would they "get people to upgrade early" so they cant upgrade to the Iphone if we ever did get it? That is ridiculous.
    11-11-10 05:22 PM
    iPhone - no insurance, you break you buy a new one. No Flash, hotspot. If you need to repair the phone, hope you have spare one while you go to the apple store or ship it to them.

Droid Does. Can have insurance, replacements, hotspot and flash.

I am sure there is more.

Yes apple at this time has more apps, but really, how many will you use?
    11-12-10 07:54 AM
    Yeah, all you people speak so confindently about the Iphone. Like you KNOW Verizon is getting it. It has NOT been confirmed.

Also, why the **** would they "get people to upgrade early" so they cant upgrade to the Iphone if we ever did get it? That is ridiculous.
    i was kind of thinking the same thing regarding the upgrade...why in the heck would they not want you to be able to upgrade IF/WHEN the Iphone came out? OP i think your looking in to it waaaaaaaaaay too much.
    11-15-10 01:46 PM

Not sure what verizons tatic is but Iphone has been confirmed atleast to me maybe not on the net or official they will start it in Jan ,my wife got a job at a call center who hired 600 emp because verizon hired them to handle the customer support for a very popular device coming to verizon.They confirmed it to her. I dont think they would hire 600 people for no reason but i just happy with my bb.
    11-20-10 05:28 PM
    iPhone - no insurance, you break you buy a new one. No Flash, hotspot. If you need to repair the phone, hope you have spare one while you go to the apple store or ship it to them.

Droid Does. Can have insurance, replacements, hotspot and flash.

I am sure there is more.

Yes apple at this time has more apps, but really, how many will you use?

Exactly. ``
    11-20-10 05:57 PM
    Verizon will announce the iPhone next week pre-Black Friday.

I don't actually know that...just adding to the rumors!
    11-21-10 12:52 AM
    Not sure what verizons tatic is but Iphone has been confirmed atleast to me maybe not on the net or official they will start it in Jan ,my wife got a job at a call center who hired 600 emp because verizon hired them to handle the customer support for a very popular device coming to verizon.They confirmed it to her. I dont think they would hire 600 people for no reason but i just happy with my bb.
    And if they happened to see this post for whatever reason, it's quite possible they could fire her if what you say is true. Exercise discretion before posting something like that where the world can see it.

@lastraid, Asurion does offer iPhone insurance now, but it's a more expensive premium per month than all the other phones AT&T offers >.<

And cloudbrowse app does support Flash, but it's only in beta phase right now.

Just my two cents.
    12-30-10 09:41 AM
    And if they happened to see this post for whatever reason, it's quite possible they could fire her if what you say is true. Exercise discretion before posting something like that where the world can see it.

@lastraid, Asurion does offer iPhone insurance now, but it's a more expensive premium per month than all the other phones AT&T offers >.<

And cloudbrowse app does support Flash, but it's only in beta phase right now.

Just my two cents.
    You shouldn't have to download a bunch of apps to have your phone function. But if it does come, it does....if it doesn't....who cares.
    12-30-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD