Back when my 9700 was running os5 (like 2 days ago ), i had installed bb podcast v1.0.0.38 or 30 something with a few podcasts subscribed to and everything worked just fine. When i first ran it after upgrading to OS6, there was a message saying that it was restoring my subscriptions and to wait a few seconds, right when it finished doing that, everything i had before upgrading was there, but that was just the first time, since then, nothing shows up, can't subscribe to anything it won't even search for nothing and if i press menu key, the options menu that pops up doesn't even correspond to the bb podcast menu, it only sits there showing the search bar (which doesn't work btw), the large icon and the message bar saying that there aren't any episodes.
    I un installed and reinstalled using apploader but still the same issues.
    I know i'm outside the us and canada but it used to work, it just isn't with os 6
    need help.......any advice????
    11-04-10 10:14 AM
    the same problem for me !
    11-04-10 12:21 PM
    And me. It's a total pain. Could someone please upload the .alx of the US/Canada podcast app?
    11-04-10 01:55 PM
    Just to add - my podcast app was working correctly when I first installed os6. Now it doesn't.
    11-04-10 02:37 PM
    I thought this too when I first installed OS6. Where are you hitting the podcast icon? Is it under the Media window? What I found out was that the podcast icon under media is not the podcast app, it is just the folder for podcast files with the same icon. Confusing I know. If i went to the all screen, went to my podcasts icon there, that was the actual podcast app. I just hid the podcast icon under media and then moved the podcast app there instead.
    11-04-10 03:17 PM
    I thought this too when I first installed OS6. Where are you hitting the podcast icon? Is it under the Media window? What I found out was that the podcast icon under media is not the podcast app, it is just the folder for podcast files with the same icon. Confusing I know. If i went to the all screen, went to my podcasts icon there, that was the actual podcast app. I just hid the podcast icon under media and then moved the podcast app there instead.
    thx for the input merlin, but after reading your post i tried it out your way but still doesn't work... i don't understand, I've checked my installed applications and it's there ..this is frustrating smh

btw merlin, would u be kind enough to tell which modules does your podcast app have??? mine has 6 modules (without french language support that is)....thx
    Last edited by HipPo13; 11-04-10 at 04:08 PM.
    11-04-10 03:42 PM
    Think I found the solution. I did a clean install of the OS and only restored contacts (this isn't necessary for the fix - I THINK). Podcasts were working initally. Then I did a battery pull and podcasts weren't working. Then I disabled mobile network and did another battery pull, and the app is fully functional even after reenabling the mobile net. I think that you'll have to do this before every battery pull of reset.

Tl;dr - mobile network off, battery pull, open podcasts, mobile network on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 09:16 PM
    Think I found the solution. I did a clean install of the OS and only restored contacts (this isn't necessary for the fix - I THINK). Podcasts were working initally. Then I did a battery pull and podcasts weren't working. Then I disabled mobile network and did another battery pull, and the app is fully functional even after reenabling the mobile net. I think that you'll have to do this before every battery pull of reset.

Tl;dr - mobile network off, battery pull, open podcasts, mobile network on

No luck for me smh.... i tried it without reinstalling the os yet still doesn't work....I'll try reinstalling the os over the weekend and i'll post my results.... thx -p�l- tho
    11-05-10 10:23 AM
    Ill take a look at those modules when I get home today.

No luck for me smh.... i tried it without reinstalling the os yet still doesn't work....I'll try reinstalling the os over the weekend and i'll post my results.... thx -p�l- tho
    11-05-10 12:48 PM
    I really think a fresh install is needed - I tried before without and it didn't work. Also, make sure you have both of the podcast apps ticked in apploader - BB RIM Podcasts and the one called Podcasts. Good luck!

11-05-10 01:45 PM
    Same problem here - no way to subscribe to new podcasts....

Tried the battery pull but didn't make any difference.
    11-05-10 05:11 PM
    Same problem here - no way to subscribe to new podcasts....

Tried the battery pull but didn't make any difference.
    Did you try fresh install, and turning mobile network off before opening podcasts for the first time? I've repeated the process a few times now to make sure it works, and I have been getting the 'full' podcast app every time. I think that the podcast app is changed on startup if the network you are connected to is not recognised as US or Canada. Try reinstalling, network off immediately, battery pull as fast as possible, opening the podcast app and then enabling mobile network. It works 100% of the time on my Curve 3G. If I reboot with mobile network on, my podcasts go back to the rubbish non US version. I'm convinced that this is the issue.
    11-05-10 07:35 PM
    Did you try fresh install
    Of the whole OS or just the podcast app?

11-06-10 02:52 AM
    Whole OS. Do a wipe first. Maybe even a security wipe. I THINK that the device edits the settings of the podcast app as soon as it starts with an 'unsupported' network, and that this change is irreversible.

11-06-10 08:53 AM
    Seemed to work until I switched the network on then it reverted....

What I did:
    1. Wipe using BBSAK
    2. Install OS 6 - puts you into Setup (with no network) - cancelled this with Battery Pull
    3. Started Desktop and installed Podcast App
    4. Reboot
    5. Podcast worked !!!!
    6. Switched Network on - Orange UK
    7. Potcast reverted...........

Sorry can you please explain again how you did it.....
    11-06-10 04:36 PM
    Install the podcast through apploader when you are installing the OS. Don't install anything through the desktop software. I tried it the way you did it, and it reverted. Do EVERYTHING through apploader and don't touch the desktop software until everything is ok. I've stopped using the desktop software to load anything apart from music.

EDIT: there should be 2 podcast options in apploader. RIM BB Podcasts and Podcasts. Install both.
    11-06-10 05:28 PM
    Argh!

Podcasts stopped working for me last night. I'm now convinced its just hit and miss. Pain in the ***.

11-08-10 08:13 AM
    I got it to work yesterday but as soon as I do a bp it stops working it just doesn't matter whether I have my mobile network on or off before doing the bp
    11-08-10 10:00 AM
    I'm gonna reinstall the OS again and just never battery pull until a proper fix is found. This really annoys me. The podcast app is one of the best featured of os6 and its daft that we can't use it. Even if it was restricted to wifi only it would be bearable.

11-08-10 11:02 AM
    I finally got mine working a few days ago after 3 reloads, then today it's gone again.......
    11-10-10 02:32 PM
    Did anyone manage to get a solution to the podcast problem? It's one of the key things I want to get working with OS6
    12-24-10 08:36 AM
    Did anyone manage to get a solution to the podcast problem? It's one of the key things I want to get working with OS6
    delete the "mediaconfig" service book and turn your mobile network off before doing a battery pull. always check if this service book is showing and delete it if it is
    12-29-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD