Anybody else using the Case-Mate Barely There Case and have trouble removing the back half? Every time I do I feel like I'm ripping apart my phone and I have to use a prying tool to get it to unlatch from the back. Is there any easier way that I'm missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 04:49 AM
    Try removing from the bottom. Or the sides. My bezel was coming off with it everytime I tried to remove it. I returned mine and got an otterbox cause it was too much of a hassle fighting to remove it.

11-04-10 05:07 AM
    I was having the same issue. Didn't think I was going to get it off the first time. If you look closely, the back part clips on at the top center of your device. Simply pull at the top center clip and the entire back part of the case slips right off.
    11-04-10 06:59 AM
    I had one and had to use a small screwdriver to un clip it. Switched it for a cheap mall one cause i was worried about getting it off to pull the battery.
    11-04-10 07:59 AM
    Are there any thin cases like the Barely There that are easier to remove (besides generic mall ones)?

11-04-10 06:41 PM
    Try the one from Mobi...it's in the Crackberry store.
    11-04-10 07:48 PM
    Try the one from Mobi...it's in the Crackberry store.
    ^ I bought it, works great! Looks good, too.
    11-05-10 09:32 PM
    Is there better way of removing the back because even when i try removing it from the top i still feel like im damaging my phone
    11-21-10 02:32 AM
    Yeah, I just managed to get mine off by tugging at the middle ate the top where there is a 'lip' that hooks onto the back. Not putting it on again! Waste of time if you, like me, want to change the look of your fone by using different covers.
    11-24-10 12:43 PM
    Anybody else using the Case-Mate Barely There Case and have trouble removing the back half? Every time I do I feel like I'm ripping apart my phone and I have to use a prying tool to get it to unlatch from the back. Is there any easier way that I'm missing?

Easy (but try finding it on the Case-Mate site!!). Pull away on one of the top corners of the bottom shell and then slip a rubberized paper clip or a coin in the gap between the case and the BACK COVER of the phone and NOT BETWEEN THE CASE AND THE SPEAKER OPENING. Slide it sideways towards the speaker opening and you'll hear a gentle 'click' and it will pop right off.

(Very easy when you get the hang of it. I really like this case, but the lack of proper instructions for its removal was burning me too!)

Sorry about the SHOUTING, but if you slip the paper clip or coin (or fingernail, whatever) in the wrong place you will bend out the trim piece around the speaker.
    BBnewuser1991 likes this.
    01-06-11 11:47 AM
    I love to use the mobile cases. I saw some designer mobile purses in an online shop. They are really nice and so beautiful.
    01-06-11 06:52 PM
    I wish I saw this thread the day I got my Torch. Joyfully popped on the Casemate Barely There, then realized I forgot to put the SIM card in my phone. Resulted in 20 minutes of struggling with the case, a scratch on the top of my phone, a slightly bent bezel, and so much frustration and tears. It was a BRAND NEW PHONE, and because of the case, it wasn't brand new anymore. The front pops off easily enough (WAAAY too easily), but the back is just impossible.

Plus, I notice that it seems to have a tendency to have grease cling to it like nobody's business. I keep wiping it and keeping the phone away from my face, but the back part of the case keeps feeling so slippery and is constantly covered with prints.

Have decided to use a skin on my Torch for now. Less protection, but that's all I had on my 8900 for the longest time, and it worked fine.
    02-11-11 12:00 PM
    I wish I saw this thread the day I got my Torch. Joyfully popped on the Casemate Barely There, then realized I forgot to put the SIM card in my phone. Resulted in 20 minutes of struggling with the case, a scratch on the top of my phone, a slightly bent bezel, and so much frustration and tears. It was a BRAND NEW PHONE, and because of the case, it wasn't brand new anymore. The front pops off easily enough (WAAAY too easily), but the back is just impossible.

Plus, I notice that it seems to have a tendency to have grease cling to it like nobody's business. I keep wiping it and keeping the phone away from my face, but the back part of the case keeps feeling so slippery and is constantly covered with prints.

Have decided to use a skin on my Torch for now. Less protection, but that's all I had on my 8900 for the longest time, and it worked fine.
    02-11-11 12:10 PM
    Well, I was considering getting this but think not now. Must be some other cases out there that do the job. Had a couple now but not that brill. Shall keep looking
    03-13-11 10:01 AM
    I just wanted to pop on here and say one of my users put this case on their torch and I can't for the life of me get the bottom off, i'm about to throw this against the wall
    09-07-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD