View Poll Results: How are you liking your BlackBerry Style?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally Loving it! Any haters out there can suck it!

34 56.67%
  • It's good. Better than I expected, that's for sure.

21 35.00%
  • M'eh. Not impressed.

2 3.33%
  • Grrrr... Not happy I got this. Want to return it.

3 5.00%
    After using the BlackBerry Style for a few days, I have to say, I really like it! I'm working on the homepage review the next couple of days, so wanted to see how others who have bought the Style are liking it too. Cast your vote and sound off with any loves, likes, gripes below.
    11-04-10 12:45 AM
    I'm digging it! Pics don't do justice to this phone... really...
    11-04-10 07:50 AM
    The phone feels pretty solid to me. Getting used to the key board still after using a 9650 for awhile. So far haven't noticed it lagging or anything like my bold running OS 6. Good camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 08:26 AM
    Really like my first BB. I was a little nervous going back to a flip phone but really glad i did. Now I just trying to find my way around this new OS
    11-04-10 10:20 AM
    I am liking it so far. I've only had it 2 days. Coming from the epic it is hard to adjust to the smaller screen and smaller keyboard. But a blackberry is hard not to love! :-) I wasn't sure what to expect with this phone but I know that I like clamshell phones and like blackberries. So having it together is great.
    11-04-10 01:41 PM
    So far, so good. I'm on day #5 and really digging it; however, I must admit that coming from the 9630, the "flip factor" is taking some getting use to. My only gripe is that the position of the 5mp camera sucks. Can't tell you how many accidental "index finger" shots I've ended up with after taking pictures. Overall, I think that it's a very solid BB that will sell pretty well.
    11-04-10 02:16 PM
    I am liking it so far. I've only had it 2 days. Coming from the epic it is hard to adjust to the smaller screen and smaller keyboard. But a blackberry is hard not to love! :-) I wasn't sure what to expect with this phone but I know that I like clamshell phones and like blackberries. So having it together is great.
    Jennell, how do you view it when compared to the other BB devices you have
    owned?
    11-04-10 06:22 PM
    LOVING IT! Especially the Royal Purple color (I'm such a sucker for purple). The keypad is a bit different but not in a bad way and the camera is great. Favorite thing is not having to lock the keypad all the time...no more purse dialing for me lol.
    11-04-10 06:31 PM
    Jennell, how do you view it when compared to the other BB devices you have
    owned?
    I actually really like it compared to the other bb's I've had. I think the only one I've liked better was the 9650. That is only because of the keyboard on the 9650. If I could have that keyboard on this I would be in heaven.
    11-04-10 10:40 PM
    I've been rocking in style for a few days now and i agree with miss jennell on her last statement. the phone is great and better than any other blackberry i have had except for the Bold's keyboard. i love the feel of the 9650 keyboard but i love the bigger size of the Style, its a trade off. i guess once I'm used to typing on the Style i will love that most, lol.
    11-04-10 10:52 PM
    I am loving mine. I had been waiting for this unit to come out for quite some time and I'm just thrilled it worked out well.
    Now we just have to wait for Ebay, Viigo, Amazon and Slingplayer to come out with a compatible app for it as well as some of the big guys (Seidio, Innocase etc..) to come out with some cases for this thing.
    11-05-10 11:40 AM
    My wife loves hers. I got her the purple one today. She's telling me that she can't get any work done because she has been playing with it.

11-05-10 02:57 PM
    I just took mine for a road trip this week to Chicago. As my Style was sitting there closed on my airplane tray today (listening to the last Crackberry PodCast) I thought - even if I spilled this nice drink on it- It would be ok. Something to be said for a full featured new BB phone that has it's screen and keyboard not exposed all the time. The OS is faster than it was on my Torch (w/updated software) and all. Gotta work on using the cameras without my finger blocking the lens... minor issue. Now if it only had Bold 9000 Speakers!

Diggin the little Retro Jewell..
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 11-05-10 at 11:48 PM.
    11-05-10 11:38 PM
    Now if it only had Bold 9000 Speakers!
    No BlackBerry sounds as good as the 9000 but Style sounds as good as the Curve. The Curve's top speaker plays music way better than the upper-side speaker they put on the newer Bold/Tour series devices.
    11-06-10 02:59 AM
    i agree with the Speakers, the 9000 was the best. but the Style is no joke either, Speaker phone is great.
    11-06-10 12:01 PM
    Got mine on the 31st and I'm happy with it. The keyboard has taken some getting used to but overall it's about what I expected it to be.

I got it to use first as a phone and also so I could easily catch my email. It you spend all your time on the Web there might well be better choices than it, or any BlackBerry for that matter.
    11-06-10 01:38 PM
    I got it to use first as a phone and also so I could easily catch my email. It you spend all your time on the Web there might well be better choices than it, or any BlackBerry for that matter.

+1

10 char
    11-06-10 06:25 PM
    I love the Style. I'm having a hard time deciding between it and my 9650. I still think I prefer the candybar form more, but the Style just feels so much better than the 9650. The Style is just smooth and well put together while my Bold feels like it was thrown together.

I use them both daily right now until I can decide. BB6 kinda bugs me though. I wish the notifications drop down would show any notifications from the device, not just whats in the messages app. I like to keep that just for email, but then I lose the functionality of that feature. Also, I hate you can't turn off pictures in the contacts list. Don't they know BlackBerry users don't waste their time adding a picture in for all their contacts? With the screen a little narrow some of these things just waste valuable space.
    11-07-10 08:50 AM
    I love the Style so far. I was wondering though Kevin. Can u chang the color of the notifacation bubble or the digital clock on the external display. White is boring and that yellow bubble color has got to go

11-07-10 11:12 PM
    Ive had it for five or six days now and really like it.

the Style is a great solution for those that put their phone in there pocket and end up dialing. I didnt think I would like it as much as I really do.

Has anyone tried sprint Navigation? The 2d and 3 d maps seem to not dispaly properly and the app needs to be reconfigured ofr the sightly slimmer screen.

Coming from the Tour and being used to it for so long I dont miss the tour at all.

Speakerphone works great and the outside display is great for when emails and texts come in.
    Last edited by mbx22; 11-08-10 at 12:49 AM.
    11-08-10 12:44 AM
    I am really loving the phone. The camera placement is a bit of a pain but I am learning to work through that. I will certainly have to get used to the battery life as the Bold 9650 was awesome!

Hopefully the battery will get better with newer software builds and more apps made specifically for the Style.
    11-08-10 02:18 PM
    I was afraid .. but the purple got me! Ive been in a serious love/hate relationship with a Palm Pre for 18 months. Today I couldnt take it anymore and went to the sprint store. While they were telling me an hour and a half wait to "try and repair it" I started playing with this new little BB phone... and was liking it!

I was really afraid of missing touch screen .. Ive had it for the last 5 yrs between different phones! I had to say though, the snappy lil button in the middle is AWESOME and ive not reached for my screen once!

There are a few things I am missing from webOS .. but so far so good i like it in the 1st 24 hours!
    11-08-10 11:13 PM
    Like others have said, the keyboard is a little different but I'm sure in time I will get used to it. I guess it's a little like typing on a touch screen because the keys are so flat.

I really like the flip style esp since I have cracked the screen on every non-flip I've had.

Really really like OS 6. The lady at Best Buy said this phone is selling very well.
    11-09-10 06:34 PM
    The Style is my first BlackBerry and first "smartphone". I love this phone.... My only complaint is the camera placement.....

11-10-10 12:13 PM
    Have to agree with the camera placement.My guess it has to be a cost-cutting measure.On the "what if" side, this phone would have been the perfect candidate for RIM's first Video-Chat equipped device w/ Front Facing Camera. Best speakerphone on a CDMA BB since the 8330. A pleasure to listen to music on.
    11-10-10 03:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD