I downloaded all three of these lock apps since I think the Torch needs to be locked, and I don't like to use the top left button since I dread it going bad through daily use.

I like PatternLock the best of all because of the huge number of options it offers (though it's a pain going through them all at setup!), and it has a nice customizable screen. But a major con for me is that it doesn't allow Bedside mode to function (is it because it's not OS 6 friendly yet?). Is it working for anyone at all?

BerrySlider has a very cool screen, though some people think it is too close to an iPhone's! I like it all the same. However, it offers very few options as compared to PatternLock.

SwipeLock is OS6 friendly. It also has the option to set your lock button to the app. But IMO the screen is not 'cool'. I'm using SwipeLock currently, as I look for a solution to run Bedside mode with PatternLock.

Any thoughts?
    11-03-10 11:25 PM
    I like PL also the best. I charge ny phone @ night(option: disable when charging).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 01:47 AM
    I do use patternlock but it keeps on locking up after the correct pattern is entered. Dropped the developer a message a long time ago, have not heard anything also there has not been any releases for a long time and I am wondering if this nice app is still being developed?!
    11-04-10 02:51 AM
    Patternlock is the best because of all its features and it can be directly linked to the lock button. Swipelock can be also, but it doesn't override the native lock feature like PL does, so you have to hit the lock button again to be able to swipe. Berryslider is a fail as it can't be assigned to the lock button at all. It either has to be launched via an icon or you have to let it lock when the screen times out, which would be quite annoying when you just have your phone sitting on your desk and it's unnecessary to have it locked.

Not sure what you're talking about with Bedside mode and PL though, I have no problem with it, phone automatically goes into bedside mode when I charge it at night.

I've tried all 3, and PL is by far the best solution and works absolutely flawlessly.
    11-04-10 06:26 AM
    Ok guys I got PatternLock to work with Bedside mode. Tafasa support helped me out as follows:

"To get bedside mode to work with PatternLock installed, you should disable PatternLock from locking while the clock application is running. Currently, for security reasons, PatternLock does not allow applications to run on top of it so the device cannot remain locked and have the clock application run on top of it. The only solution would be to disable PatternLock from locking either while the clock application is running or when the device is plugged in (both situations that would lead to the bedside mode engaging)."

Hope this would help someone else in the same predicament.
    11-04-10 07:59 AM
    PL for sure

11-04-10 09:04 AM
    +1 for PatternLock
    11-04-10 09:15 AM
    On the surface BerrySlider seems so much better...the the developer is missing in action AGAIN and not responding to emails/PMs etc. It has too many bugs and not as much functionality as PatternLock.

Unfortunately neither of them can run behind the default lock which, to me, is a huge annoyance. Tafasa support says they're working on it but I don't know...at least they answer my emails.

I'm sticking with PatternLock - having purchased both PL and BerrySlider - but I'm hoping for something better.
    11-04-10 09:17 AM
    Ok guys I got PatternLock to work with Bedside mode. Tafasa support helped me out as follows:

"To get bedside mode to work with PatternLock installed, you should disable PatternLock from locking while the clock application is running. Currently, for security reasons, PatternLock does not allow applications to run on top of it so the device cannot remain locked and have the clock application run on top of it. The only solution would be to disable PatternLock from locking either while the clock application is running or when the device is plugged in (both situations that would lead to the bedside mode engaging)."

Hope this would help someone else in the same predicament.
    thanks the security reason might be causing the lock up, it does not hurt to disable PL while the clock is running.
    11-04-10 10:45 AM
    On the surface BerrySlider seems so much better...the the developer is missing in action AGAIN and not responding to emails/PMs etc. It has too many bugs and not as much functionality as PatternLock.

Unfortunately neither of them can run behind the default lock which, to me, is a huge annoyance. Tafasa support says they're working on it but I don't know...at least they answer my emails.

I'm sticking with PatternLock - having purchased both PL and BerrySlider - but I'm hoping for something better.
    PatternLock has just been updated to fix the "lock behind default lock" not working - it now works correctly and PatternLock is nearly perfect! This update puts it far ahead of BerrySlider, in my opinion.
    11-13-10 12:42 PM
    I've tried Patternlock but didn't like it. Just installed BerrySlider and it does exactly what I want it to do. Locks the phone as soon as the screen dims, or the moment the lock button is pressed. Not sure what you mean by "lock behind default lock" but when I password lock the phone by hitting K the phone locks as normal. Then when I type the password to unlock the phone, the BerrySlider screen pops up. I didn't like the Patternlock screen but I can change the wallpaper with BerrySlider which is nice.
    11-13-10 01:13 PM
    That's because you have autolock enabled. When your screen goes off, it locks. I HATE that. Every time I put my phone down on my desk and pick it up, I have to unlock it.

If you turn that off, BerrySlider will not lock the phone when you hit the lock button.

Until this update, PatternLock would lock when you hit the lock button but it would also cancel the hardware lock for some reason. What I mean is that you could still turn on the screen by hitting ANY button. With the hardware lock you can only turn on the screen with the hardware lock button or one of the 4 front buttons.

With the update it works correctly. Not only do you have to hit the lock button to unlock but then you have to put in your pattern. Autolock can be kept off.
    11-13-10 02:11 PM
    Still not sure what you mean. When I hit the lock button the screen dims. When I hit it again the BerrySlider screen is there and I have to swipe the slider. If I hit one of the four front buttons, the slider screen is there but I still have to use the lock button before I can swipe the slider. No other buttons switch the screen on. I have the password lock set up to lock after one hour of inactivity so I very rarely need to type in my password.
    11-13-10 02:29 PM
    I use Pattern Lock, I love it. Haven't played with the others. I thought about it but I like Pattern Lock so much that I never really wanted to.
    11-13-10 02:54 PM
    Still not sure what you mean. When I hit the lock button the screen dims. When I hit it again the BerrySlider screen is there and I have to swipe the slider. If I hit one of the four front buttons, the slider screen is there but I still have to use the lock button before I can swipe the slider. No other buttons switch the screen on. I have the password lock set up to lock after one hour of inactivity so I very rarely need to type in my password.
    He meant that if you are texting (or any other task that requires a response from the cellphone or another person) with somebody and your screen turns off (due to inactivity) you will have to unlock berry slider because its only option is to come up when backlight goes off. This becomes pretty annoying for people with a low backlight timeout, since if you try to reply after the timeout, you will have to unlock berry slide each time.
    11-13-10 03:10 PM
    one more vote for pattern lock. I had originally bought ultimate lock & uninstalled it, as it was a battery drain & was useless (I wish I could get a refund for useless apps like that).
    11-13-10 03:11 PM
    Definitely a PL user!

11-13-10 03:14 PM
    Well I think I can live with that. I tend to hit the lock button before I put the phone down anyway but swiping the slider takes no time at all. The problem with the Torch is the lock button is too easily accidently operated when you carry the phone in your pocket and password locking the phone all the time was getting annoying.
    11-13-10 03:23 PM
    I only want it locked when I put it in my pocket. I don't lock the phone when I sit it on my desk at work. Every text email etc. I have to unlock it.

You cannot do this with BerrySlider because you must have autolock turned on.

With PatternLock you can turn autolock OFF. It will NOT autolock when the screen dims. It will only lock when I hit the hardware lock button. That way, if I hit the button in my pocket, which is obviously too easy, it's still locked with PatternLock.

My screen timeout is a reasonable 30 seconds.
    11-13-10 04:26 PM
    Does PL offer the bb automatic security wipe function as the native lock when x failed password attempts have been reached?
    11-14-10 10:42 AM
    Does PL offer the bb automatic security wipe function as the native lock when x failed password attempts have been reached?
    On PatternLock paid edition you have these options:

Max unlock attempts before locking out: [3-10 or unlimited]
    If max attempts reached, lock out device for: [1-60 minutes]
    Show locked out time remaining: [Yes/No]
    11-14-10 11:34 AM
    Do you actually have to use a pattern for unlocking with PL..or can you assign a hardware key like other lock apps?
    11-14-10 12:15 PM
    You have to use a pattern...but my pattern is just one dot on the screen that I hit...so not really a pattern lol.
    11-14-10 01:50 PM
    I don't mind havin pattern lock but with my torch sometimes the screen tends to freeze up keeping me from unlocking my phone forcing me to do a battery pull to get my phone unlocked (i never have the it set to lock on start up) idk mabe when they fix it to where the screen dont freeze depending in the Os im running

11-14-10 05:02 PM
    I've never once had the phone freeze due to PatternLock.
    11-14-10 09:11 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD