I hope an updated OS6 for 9700 will surface. This thing is nice, conceptually, but is extremely unpolished.

Problems I've faced:

Received MMS photos crash the phone for at least 30 seconds when trying to expand (view larger) the image.

Beejive crashes consistently

Facebook has problems scrolling long messages/most of the time WON'T scroll through your wall, etc.

SMS is quirky when navigating back and forth from message inbox and individual messages. It stutters, it pauses, it lags. Very... not smooth.

Battery icon doesn't show when charging via charging pod. Though the phone does charge.

Camera is slow and laggy--sometimes has a mind of its own and performs actions you didn't ask it to.

Phone often scrolls to favorites menu when you aren't trying to. Getting out of that menu is annoying.
    11-03-10 07:51 PM
    its a leak what did u expect? it didnt say official OS when they posted it so u have to allow the fact that the os has bugs -_-

close this thread please
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-04-10 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Prafanity
    11-03-10 08:00 PM
    its a leak what did u expect? it didnt say official OS when they posted it so u have to allow the fact that the os has bugs -_-

close this thread please
    I dont think he was implying that a leak should be perfect, I believe he was just pointing out that the bugs arent worth it for him
    11-03-10 08:23 PM
    this os is the bomb man, i don't know what the op is talking about, it's so smooth. no lag for me yet
    11-03-10 08:30 PM
    Hey I can't blame him....some of the bugs are almost pushing me over the edge to downgrade also and wait for newer version to be leaked.
    11-03-10 08:35 PM
    I dont think he was implying that a leak should be perfect, I believe he was just pointing out that the bugs arent worth it for him
    idc if he downgrades or hate the os. y spam the section with a new pointless thread?
    11-03-10 08:48 PM
    Its working superfine for me

No problem for me and in 2 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 09:12 PM
    I hope an updated OS6 for 9700 will surface. This thing is nice, conceptually, but is extremely unpolished.

Problems I've faced:

Received MMS photos crash the phone for at least 30 seconds when trying to expand (view larger) the image.

Beejive crashes consistently

Facebook has problems scrolling long messages/most of the time WON'T scroll through your wall, etc.

SMS is quirky when navigating back and forth from message inbox and individual messages. It stutters, it pauses, it lags. Very... not smooth.

Battery icon doesn't show when charging via charging pod. Though the phone does charge.

Camera is slow and laggy--sometimes has a mind of its own and performs actions you didn't ask it to.

Phone often scrolls to favorites menu when you aren't trying to. Getting out of that menu is annoying.
    This. But otherwise, i dont have any issue with this OS tbh.
    11-03-10 09:13 PM
    Don't forget that Shoutcast streams no longer work in the native browser, rtsp video streaming with poor reception can freeze the entire phone forcing a battery pull, image title / tooltip tags don't show up, the straight-to-SOS dropout bug seems back, and the giant font sizes everywhere that can't be scaled down. Though I wouldn't say it sucks, especially that it 'sucks BAD.' It's a great start. Browsing, connecting to the network, wifi- all had never been quicker. In the end I rolled back to OS5, but I enjoyed many aspects of OS6, and am looking forward to trying a (more) finished product. It's a sneak preview; don't read any more into it than that.
    11-03-10 09:24 PM
    sucks to be you. working perfectly here!
    11-04-10 01:35 PM

close this thread please
    Your argument is moot. Why? Simple... we have seen time and again that even Carrier Certified OS releases are buggy as ****. In fact, EVERY SINGLE OS IN EXISTANCE FOR ALL BBs RIGHT NOW have a few bugs in them each... and yes, they are all official releases. So, no disrespect, but this same old excuse people use... well, it's not a good enough one. lol
    11-04-10 01:44 PM
    You're misguided or misinformed at best, pardner. No need to be rude, either.

Your argument is moot. Why? Simple... we have seen time and again that even Carrier Certified OS releases are buggy as ****. In fact, EVERY SINGLE OS IN EXISTANCE FOR ALL BBs RIGHT NOW have a few bugs in them each... and yes, they are all official releases. So, no disrespect, but this same old excuse people use... well, it's not a good enough one. lol
    Thank you for posting this Civic !!!!! I get so tired of hearing "leaks have bugs, wait for an official". People who say that have never used, at the very least, a Storm or Storm2.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-04-10 at 01:48 PM.
    11-04-10 01:46 PM
    Thank you for posting this Civic !!!!! I get so tired of hearing "leaks have bugs, wait for an official". People who say that have never used, at the very least, a Storm or Storm2.
    lol, you're welcome. But the fact remains that it doesn't even need to be a Storm series phone to have bugs in the OS. I am seeing them in 9700, 9800, 9630, 85xx, etc. It's the same old story... I just want people to stop using the excuse that a "leak" is not a complete build. It's been discussed time and time again that once the build is compiled and uploaded, it's complete! Take it or leave it, bug or not, it's an official build by RIM. Whether or not a carrier decides to release it is up to them, but that doesn't make the build any less official then the one the general public has access to from the carrier download sites. It's not like someone steals these builds in secret overnight from RIM's depths and publishes them on the interwebs.
    11-04-10 01:52 PM
    I don't think anyone is under the threat of waterboarding if they don't load a leak. It is a free choice. There are times I have jumped on the bandwagon and other times, like now, I'm sitting on the sidelines. And, as stated, Blackberry and Bugs just go hand in hand.
    11-04-10 02:01 PM
    I to reverted back to OS5 even though I really did not have that many problems. I just thought some things were given more steps than were really needed versus OS5. The much vaunted "web-kit" and it's "features" was no better to me than what I was using on OS5.

My little trip to OS6 is over for the moment and I am OK with that. I'll stick with .938

PS: To the guy who mentioned water-boarding, I think they should bring it back!!!!!!
    11-04-10 02:27 PM
    Thank you, jrsc civic and others. RIM needs to know what to fix. If we don't complain about leaks, how do we expect officials to be problem free? I just loaded the newest 5.0 AT&T .979 and it's running FLAWLESS
    11-04-10 02:31 PM
    Guys, let's watch the language and stay civil.
    11-04-10 02:33 PM
    lol, you're welcome. But the fact remains that it doesn't even need to be a Storm series phone to have bugs in the OS. I am seeing them in 9700, 9800, 9630, 85xx, etc. It's the same old story... I just want people to stop using the excuse that a "leak" is not a complete build. It's been discussed time and time again that once the build is compiled and uploaded, it's complete! Take it or leave it, bug or not, it's an official build by RIM. Whether or not a carrier decides to release it is up to them, but that doesn't make the build any less official then the one the general public has access to from the carrier download sites. It's not like someone steals these builds in secret overnight from RIM's depths and publishes them on the interwebs.
    I totally agree with you, which is why I used the caveat "at the very least". I use Storm as an example because the number of issues with official carrier approved releases is just mind-boggling. My Curve 8330 had the speaker blast issue and the trackball click issue, just to mention a couple, and those were on "officials".

Trying to list the issues with the craptastic Storm2 officials from VZW makes my head hurt and my eyes glaze over. The best OS I ran on my Storm2 was a LEAK: 5.0.0.451.

The simple fact is that "officials" aren't bug free and the idea that an official is the only way to go is crazy.
    11-04-10 02:35 PM
    PS: To the guy who mentioned water-boarding, I think they should bring it back!!!!!!
    Are you sure they stopped?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 03:23 PM
    Can I just restore my OS5 file to downgrade from OS6 without wiping my device first?
    11-04-10 08:48 PM
    Every company has their bugs whether it be google, apple or microsoft...lets include palm too. RIM included, but don't insinuate this is a RIM thing. I have OS 6 running and I had moderate memory leak that has no longer been an issue after two days. I don't lose memory anymore in other words. Everything else runs smooth and fast. It could run better but I assume later editions will.
    11-04-10 09:11 PM
    I put every 6 leak (all two of them) on my 9650 and lasted a month before I ate crow and went back to 5. just not quite ready yet, it will be I'm sure, just not now.
    11-05-10 06:08 PM
    Idk, I'm really liking OS6. I feel like I got a brand new phone without actually buying a new one.
    11-06-10 02:54 AM
    Idk, I'm really liking OS6. I feel like I got a brand new phone without actually buying a new one.
    feel the same bro
    11-06-10 03:57 AM
    first time i been on OS 6, and yes it is buggy but I think I can live with the bugs, as it is functional like I was on the older official OS. I am 99.99% positive I can keep this until the next OS leak, bring it on driphter and other people lol and thanks!
    11-06-10 04:43 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD