Hi All,

Just installed OS 6 on my 9700. looks fantastic with lots of adjustable features. NICE!!!!

One question so far:
    OS5 had a browser, WAP browser and hotspot browser.
    OS6 has only one browser, Does this select the best (WAP data is part of my contract with the carrier) option automatically? or is this a gap in the new OS?

Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers,
    Ivo
    11-03-10 04:05 PM
    Selects best one automatically.
    11-03-10 04:08 PM
    I'm loving OS6 but I do miss the option to switch between page and column views. Most websites look great in the webkit browser; but it gets a little annoying having to scroll back and forth on some sites. The option of column view would fix that.

Oh well, guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! Assuming this is a non-issue on the Torch since you just view the site sideways. One of the downsides of OS6 on a 9700.
    11-09-10 07:24 AM
    Really miss BES/BIS Web option on OS5. I do like the browser on OS6, it runs much faster and smoother, and have tab ability and smooth zooming.

However, it's big dropback of lacking this option. Most BES use the default page size limit of 1024K, if a page is more than 1024K in size, you the OS6 browser will report the data is too big too browse and close the browser after wards. In the version 5, with proper APN setup, you can get away by choose "Internet Browser".
    11-09-10 12:37 PM
    and that's another feature of the old browser I miss - you used to be able to change settings to identify as IE, Firefox or BlackBerry browser - no can do anymore. It just came in handy when viewing certain websites.

Again, though - I really do like the Webkit browser, just saying it's a bit of a trade off.
    11-09-10 04:27 PM
    Wish 6 had column view.
    11-09-10 10:00 PM
    Wish 6 had column view.
    Yup, at least to have both options like in five would be nice. Ya'll know about the text wrap feature right. Putting the magnifying glass over the text, click and it wraps it for a different viewing experience. Doesn't always work well , but I like it as an optional feature.
    11-09-10 10:19 PM
    The best way to make text wrap work is by completely zooming out and then putting the magnifying glass over the text
    11-10-10 09:50 AM
    This browser makes it feel like a real smart phone browser now
    11-10-10 11:58 AM
    I clicked a link from Twitter today to see the new BlackBerry PlayBook:

BlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet PC - BlackBerry PlayBook Specs Pricing and More at BlackBerry.com

I don't know about anyone else, but it looks like crap using the new webkit browser on my 9700, zoom in, zoom out - still looks like crap. Kind of sad the BlackBerry website would look so bad on a BlackBerry phone
    11-10-10 01:39 PM
    My most frustrating page is ESPN mobile which I check all the time. I have my default font size at 8 and the text is really really tiny. I have to increase the font size to 10 to make a difference but then other pages looks silly. And there's no magnifying glass on this page to do the text wrap trick. All I can do is zoom in and then pan side to side.

Any suggestions for making this better?

Overall I'm a big fan of the browser though.
    11-10-10 01:48 PM
    Selects best one automatically.
    yeah, i noticed that it switches between wifi and network automatically. However, my problem is that WAP is part of the contract and the browser is not. as WAp is slower than the ordinary browser I assume that it uses that as prefference?

any suggestions? (delete a servicebook?)
    11-22-10 12:58 PM
    I am loving the browsing experience so far on os6!

I do get the page is too big at times on full-websites. I still don't mind mobile browsing from a phone though. Flies on wifi...even more so than 5.

Anyone else get spellcheck to work on webkit? Works everywhere else, but not on this browser. I have all the settings checked to make it work. Stumped...

Still love it, so much nicer than Os5...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 11:44 PM
    There is Automatic Font Size adjustment(AFSA) on OS6 browser, it works on touchscreen, as mentioned here http://m.crackberry.com/using-blackberry-browser-os-6
    It's use double tap on the screen

for non-touch? I don't know..
    But AFSA is working on social feeds RSS viewer on my 9700, with alt+trackpad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 04:10 PM
    Browser is quicker but needs column view or some type of scroll to zoom or pinch to zoom on touchscreens. Definately a step in the right direction but has a long way to go to compete with the speed and functionality of droid or even iphone.
    11-24-10 08:34 PM
    On 5, we were able to set to internet browser instead of blackberry browser to avoid our corporate firewall. I don't see where that's an option now. Can anyone help?
    12-06-10 02:21 PM
    Are there any shortcuts on the browser? ie, t = top, g = go to, r = refresh...etc?
    12-06-10 09:20 PM
    Yup, at least to have both options like in five would be nice. Ya'll know about the text wrap feature right. Putting the magnifying glass over the text, click and it wraps it for a different viewing experience. Doesn't always work well , but I like it as an optional feature.
    This only works if the text on the web page is itself formatted in columns. Since many/most sites simply have text in a main frame, it doesn't work in any of those. Thus it also doesn't work in mobile view sites, such as CB Forums.

Ubizmo
    12-08-10 07:42 AM
    This only works if the text on the web page is itself formatted in columns. Since many/most sites simply have text in a main frame, it doesn't work in any of those. Thus it also doesn't work in mobile view sites, such as CB Forums.

Ubizmo
    Can't disagree with you, except for the CB site. I can usually get it to textwrap. The inconsistancy of the text wrap feature is what drives me nuts. That and the browsers overall lagginess. With the mag glass in view it is hit and miss alot.
    Alot of us including me would have at least liked to have the option of a column view. I know I'm in the minority when I say the web kit doesn't "make my day." Glad I didn't get my BB for the browser.
    12-08-10 10:03 AM
    On 5, we were able to set to internet browser instead of blackberry browser to avoid our corporate firewall. I don't see where that's an option now. Can anyone help?
    Same problem. Pretty major shortcoming to me. Any solutons?
    01-19-11 08:41 PM
    I am having an issue with websites that have a regular version and a mobile version. OS5 would automatically select the mobile version. OS6 does not.

I hope they add back column view in a future update.
    01-26-11 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD