Just update to OS 6 on the 9700 and the dial from home screen option isn't there anymore. I can speed dial but I can't just punch in a number. Please help.
    11-03-10 02:09 PM
    If you have it set to universal search and just start typing on the number pad, it should make it where all you have to do is press the call button after you've entered the numbers.

You can see in this screen shot the numbers show up under the search bar.
    11-03-10 02:16 PM
    If you have it set to universal search and just start typing on the number pad, it should make it where all you have to do is press the call button after you've entered the numbers.

You can see in this screen shot the numbers show up under the search bar.
    I have it set to universal search but it doesn't show those numbers. I did just now press the dial button and it did dial. Without seeing those numbers though it's kind of a pain.
    11-03-10 02:18 PM
    Press the green (answer call) button first. Just one more step issall. At least, that's what I do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 02:21 PM
    Press the green (answer call) button first. Just one more step issall. At least, that's what I do.

So simple! Thank you!
    11-03-10 02:22 PM
    if you look under the search bar when you type the number on the home screen, it shows the numbers that you are pressing. its still the same as the old way, you just type in the number and hit call. works fine.
    11-03-10 02:30 PM
    if you look under the search bar when you type the number on the home screen, it shows the numbers that you are pressing. its still the same as the old way, you just type in the number and hit call. works fine.
    +1 = Good stuff, pretty much same thing as Spotlight on iPhone. You can whether select just the contacts in find mode or whatever you want!
    11-13-10 03:26 PM
    You could disable the shortcuts from the home screen also.

11-13-10 05:56 PM
    my eyesight aint what it used to be so have been looking for an option that just shows the number you are dialling but much larger is that possible ?
    01-21-11 01:10 AM
    what about calling someone in your phone book... does it still work that way too?
    01-21-11 12:46 PM
    Options > Display > Home screen > Change to "Universal Search" - Now I can dial from the home screen!

Hope this helps Security Guard
    11-20-12 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD