I read that Verizon is not going to carry the Storm 3 at this time. So I thought I would write about my dream for the next Verizon Storm:

* Obviously run OS 6.

* At least 1 GB of Application space. The Storm 1 has a gig of internal storage (not for apps), but it can only be used for media No need for that, media cards are very inexpensive.

* Drop Surepress and just have it be a normal Touch Screen (like the Torch). Surepress seems to be a love it or hate it feature. Most other touch devices I have used are like the Torch.

* LTE

* Add a compass and make sure the motion sensors are ultra responsive, maybe give it gyros so it is like the iPhone.

* Add a Front Facing Camera. Maybe Skype would take advantage of this for video calls. Maybe BBM could be enhanced to use it.

* Tap to focus like the iPhone.

* Record better video. The current resolution is great (whatever matches the device's screen -- no need for HD). But maybe the compression could be a little nicer.

* Some video and photo editing built into the OS. At least Crop and Rotate and Save As for photos.

* Definitely needs to be multi-touch. Pinch zoom, etc...

* Add a proximity sensor so that the screen darkens and cheek dialing doesn't happen.

* The on-screen keyboard should show the key press in a pop-up just above where your finger touches the letter. Right now it turns blue right under the key. The iPhone and Droid phones I have seen actually pop the letter you are pressing into view right as you press it. (I guess this is in some builds already. But I have not seen it yet.)

* Allow multiple browsing windows with the new browser (not sure if OS6 supports that yet or not).

* A trackpad like the Torch for navigation and text selection would be a nice addition.

* Let videos play in either landscape or portrait mode depending on how you hold the device. (The video camera lets you record in either position, why not let it play in either position?)
    Last edited by NevadaJake; 11-04-10 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added some more dream features.
    11-03-10 11:32 AM
    * The on-screen keyboard should show the key press in a pop-up just above where your finger touches the letter. Right now it turns blue right under the key. The iPhone and Droid phones I have seen actually pop the letter you are pressing into view right as you press it.
    this feature has been in existence for a few builds already. options > screen/keyboard > show key indicator
    11-03-10 12:11 PM
    this feature has been in existence for a few builds already. options > screen/keyboard > show key indicator
    Darn, my build doesn't have that yet. It is good to hear that it is already in the works!
    11-03-10 01:21 PM
    It's not in the works,,, it already exists,,, and if you have done the last upgrade from vzw, .713 it is there. this os is avail ota, so it should be real easy to do.
    11-03-10 01:27 PM
    Is .713 only for the Storm 2? I have a Storm 1 that I am using right now and I thought it was at the latest version at .328.
    11-03-10 01:36 PM
    Well the Storm 3 is also supposed to be running the new QNX not weak *** OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 01:36 PM
    my dream storm 3 would be this with surepress....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/qnx...lation-540422/
    11-03-10 01:37 PM
    Is .713 only for the Storm 2? I have a Storm 1 that I am using right now and I thought it was at the latest version at .328.
    Not sure about what the latest "official" S1 OS version is...but there are definitely version later than .328. I'm also pretty sure that that feature is present on S1 OS versions as well, but I'm not sure with what OS it became available.

Also, you may have a different opinion of surepress if you had an S2...but maybe not.
    11-03-10 01:56 PM
    Gotta have surepress. My wife has the torch and I bout throw the damned thing every time I pick it up. I've grown to love the surepress, and when encountered with a touchscreen that doesn't have it, it drives me insane.

11-03-10 01:57 PM
    Surepress was one of the reasons I picked the Storm2. Honestly, it is a love/hate relationship, but for me I prefer it. It's actually awkward to use my Garmin GPS (and other touch devices) because I want to have that feedback response from the screen. I'd love for them to be able to turn it on/off as user preference dictates, but I'm not sure if that's technologically possible?
    11-03-10 06:30 PM
    Surepress is awesome. I'm glad you're not designing my blackberry

11-03-10 07:04 PM
    Why does everyone always ask for Tap to Focus? The Storms already have it where you can put your finger on the screen to trigger a focus. WTF?
    11-03-10 08:08 PM
    Key glows blue and popup is white in .1015
    Surepress rules.
    11-03-10 08:21 PM
    I found an image of the greatly anticipated Storm 3/4 for Verizon!

11-03-10 08:28 PM
    ha ha, funny. If they up the specs on the hardware, then maybe we'd be talking. However, based on their track record, doubt RIM will do such a thing.
    11-03-10 08:37 PM
    I think I am actually wishing for a keyboard-less Torch
    11-03-10 09:05 PM
    This, and your quote, are symbolic of the ridiculous attitudes that so many people seem stuck with. No biggie and personally, I could care less. Cut your nose off to spite your face or, find something you like and get it, but pontificating with irrational, uneducated opinions, does not make for a very good impression.

11-03-10 09:41 PM
    Why does everyone always ask for Tap to Focus? The Storms already have it where you can put your finger on the screen to trigger a focus. WTF?
    Does it focus on what you tapped? If so, maybe I don't need that on my list. The "magic" of the iPhone is that even if the thing you tap on isnt in the center, it will focus on it. ("magic" is sarcastic, I don't care for the iPhone, I just like some of its features).

Haha! Very funny! If I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy one I really like BlackBerry and don't like AT&T!
    11-03-10 09:56 PM
    I read that Verizon is not going to carry the Storm 3 at this time. So I thought I would write about my dream for the next Verizon Storm:

* Obviously run OS 6.

* At least 1 GB of Application space. The Storm 1 has a gig of internal storage (not for apps), but it can only be used for media No need for that, media cards are very inexpensive.

* Drop Surepress and just have it be a normal Touch Screen (like the Torch). Surepress seems to be a love it or hate it feature. Most other touch devices I have used are like the Torch.

* LTE

* Add a compass and make sure the motion sensors are ultra responsive, maybe give it gyros so it is like the iPhone.

* Add a Front Facing Camera. Maybe Skype would take advantage of this for video calls. Maybe BBM could be enhanced to use it.

* Tap to focus like the iPhone.

* Record better video. The current resolution is great (whatever matches the device's screen -- no need for HD). But maybe the compression could be a little nicer.

* Some video and photo editing built into the OS. At least Crop and Rotate and Save As for photos.

* Definitely needs to be multi-touch. Pinch zoom, etc...

* Add a proximity sensor so that the screen darkens and cheek dialing doesn't happen.

* The on-screen keyboard should show the key press in a pop-up just above where your finger touches the letter. Right now it turns blue right under the key. The iPhone and Droid phones I have seen actually pop the letter you are pressing into view right as you press it. (I guess this is in some builds already. But I have not seen it yet.)

* Allow multiple browsing windows with the new browser (not sure if OS6 supports that yet or not).

* A trackpad like the Torch for navigation and text selection would be a nice addition.

* Let videos play in either landscape or portrait mode depending on how you hold the device. (The video camera lets you record in either position, why not let it play in either position?)
    With the amount of times you reference iPhone or iPhone-like features, it would seem there's a phone in existence that already suit your needs.
    11-15-10 11:23 PM
    The problem with the iPhone is AT&T and that it is a seriously walled garden. I don't want to jailbreak it.
    11-16-10 08:45 AM
    The problem with the iPhone is AT&T and that it is a seriously walled garden. I don't want to jailbreak it.
    Well the WSJ reported months ago that you won't have to wait much longer.
    11-16-10 09:45 AM
    Get .973 from this site. It smokes .328. Not official but about 1 million times better
    11-16-10 11:31 AM
    What's up Engine? So your saying I should load .973 on my S1? I have it sitting on my desktop waiting for more forum feed back.
    .797 has been working good and I just wasn't sure if I should make the jump??
    11-16-10 02:16 PM
    What's up Engine? So your saying I should load .973 on my S1? I have it sitting on my desktop waiting for more forum feed back.
    .797 has been working good and I just wasn't sure if I should make the jump??
    So far it has been as good or better than the last few. I had moderate use today and am at 60% battery and only down 1.5 minute of memory after about 12 hours. I don't use Bluetooth or text that much so I can't attest to that but the rest is really good.

11-16-10 03:59 PM
    My dream Storm3 would be already out now...
    11-16-10 04:32 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD