Hey guys,

Loaded up OS6 on my 9700 yesterday. Today, I've tried the Music Sync. It sees my full iTunes collection, but when I click on one of them to download, it goes to 0/0bytes, then immediately writes "cannot be found" underneath.

The only possible issue I have thought is that the songs are located on my server, with a mapped drive to my documents. Other than this, I see no other potential problems. Any ideas?
    11-03-10 10:40 AM
    Yes, music files cannot reside on any networked drive.

I moved all my music back to my pc just so I could get a playlist I needed. It finally did grab most of the files for that playlist but some still do not change from being unable to transfer. I can now download all kinds of music through the Wifi feature, however not every file. I get the cannot find file. But the files it does find are no different, checked permissions, security, Windows Media Player Streaming/Sharing - all ok. Not happy when only parts of features work.
    11-04-10 06:27 PM
    Yeah this is a bummer indeed... All my music is on my WHS. Too bad
    11-06-10 09:09 AM
    Yeah this is a bummer indeed... All my music is on my WHS. Too bad
    I have the same situation. I have a huge music collection on my Windows Home Server (WHS) and a few files on my laptop. Windows Media Player can find all the files and has no issue playing them. Desktop Manager 6 can (eventually) find the files to display. It has taken an hour for DM6 to display all the files in the "Music" section.

I installed OS6 on my T-Mobile 9700 last week and tried the WiFi media sync yesterday. It did not go well. I followed the instructions found here on CB and my phone attempted to search for the files all day long. I should have figure that if it takes my laptop an hour to get the files in DM6, then it would take an extremely long time for the files to be found by the phone. Unfortunately, while it was looking, I had to leave and it continued to try and find the files rendering my phone a brick that sucked the battery down. When I got home, I tried to let it find the files with no luck. I turned off the WiFi sync and tried doing it through USB. It still didn't fix the problem. The phone still has the spinning indicator and won't let me use it. My next thought is to use the Apploader to get the WiFi sync off of the phone completely and if that doesn't work, wipe the phone and reload.

This is one of those "nice to have" features that I can do without. It would have been good to know about the "no music can be on networked computers or servers" caveat before this, too.

EDIT: While I had the phone connected to DM6, I clicked on Applications, clicked the "x" next to Wireless Music Sync and uninstalled it. It rebooted once and that solved the problem. The phone works fine again and when I go to the Media>>Music section and look a the bottom, the WiFi Media Sync option is gone.
    Last edited by wobly; 11-07-10 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Updated info after results.
    11-07-10 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD