I was wondering if there are ways to open microsoft office files, for example Word, on the curve? Also, is there a way to import and store such documents on the bb?
    07-23-08 01:06 PM
    The 4.5 OS supports Docs To Go.
    07-23-08 01:07 PM
    The 4.5 OS supports Docs To Go.
    Where is this located? Is there a dedicated icon for it. I didn't see it when I upgraded.
    07-23-08 01:36 PM
    Where is this located? Is there a dedicated icon for it. I didn't see it when I upgraded.
    This doesn't automatically come with the 4.5 OS... In fact, I believe it is not a free application. The newest OS simply supports it.
    07-23-08 01:39 PM
    It does come with 4.5 and the basic version is free. You still should be able to view docs now.
    07-23-08 01:42 PM
    You have to check the box for it in application manager. After you get it installed, registering it will allows you to DL a free update to get Excel support.
    The free version has some limitations, there's no option to create a new file. So i just keep some blank templates on my card and do a "save as" to make new files.

Once DTG is installed it makes a folder on your memory card for documents.
    07-23-08 01:44 PM
    You have to check the box for it in application manager. After you get it installed, registering it will allows you to DL a free update to get Excel support.
    The free version has some limitations, there's no option to create a new file. So i just keep some blank templates on my card and do a "save as" to make new files.

Once DTG is installed it makes a folder on your memory card for documents.
    Thanks for the info! If I take the plunge and reinstall the new OS, I'll take a look. Also, thanks for the cool tip about using a template!
    07-23-08 01:46 PM
    After upgrading to 4.5 and installing DTG, it asks about registering. Being that I am on VZW and 4.5 isn't released by them yet, do I select to register or no?
    08-15-08 11:22 AM
    After upgrading to 4.5 and installing DTG, it asks about registering. Being that I am on VZW and 4.5 isn't released by them yet, do I select to register or no?

Yes, you must registar to use the app. It has nothing to do with VZW.
    08-15-08 11:24 AM
    I think if you really want to edit documents you should purchase DTG like I did, I love the full version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 11:27 AM
    just want to make sure it is what i want before spending the $. Thanks
    08-15-08 12:40 PM
    You don't have to register it. If you press page back (located right of the track ball), it bypasses it and you can use it. Personally, I don't see the need to buy. You can modify docs and use the basic funtions. If margins and fonts are important to you, upgrade.
    08-15-08 02:14 PM
    it is free with 4.5 os, and also if you register and do a free update, you get sheets to go for free also.
    08-15-08 02:16 PM
    How do i move left to right and see the entire document that I am looking at?
    08-21-08 09:46 AM
    i'm trying to register for a free update but unfortunately it says that the connection has timed out, should i keep the wifi on or off? i also refreshed the page.
    08-21-08 10:55 AM
    okay, i registered and it downloaded however it says that there is sufficient space for application? what should i do?
    08-21-08 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD