Hi all,

I updated my 9700 to the OS6 release and thought it was eating through my battery like nobody's business. However, after much investigation, I've worked out that the phone isn't charging through the chrome Charging Pod (or Dock, depending on what you call it!). The phone sits in it and the battery symbol in the top corner doesn't change. The same charging cable plugged in directly works fine, and I'm 99% sure the dock worked before the update (and the light on it still works).

Have had a good look through the forums but haven't seen any similar problems being reported, would be good to know if anyone else has noticed this!

Anybody have any ideas on this? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks all,

|| Sam
    11-03-10 08:37 AM
    Mine works fine on OS 6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 08:46 AM
    My dock works fine after the upgrade.

Now it has been mentioned in many threads already that the battery icon doesn't change when it is charging (no lightning bolt) so that may be why you think it is not working via the pod.

Go into the clock, then options, and choose to display the clock when charging. IF the clock appears when you place the phone into the pod, it is charging.
    11-03-10 08:50 AM
    I thought I had the same problem this morning, but I left it there for a bit and the battery was going up.
    11-03-10 10:37 AM
    I don't get a charging icon either. Will report back if it is actually charging or not.
    11-05-10 03:57 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Lightning bolt is only there if you plug the wire directly into phone.

11-16-10 04:31 PM
    its charging..it just doesnt show the lightning bolt icon when using a dock
    11-16-10 04:33 PM
    I thought my charging pod was defective!
    I'm having the same problem with my 9800 Torch with OS6.
    We'll see if it's fully charged tomorrow morning.
    11-17-10 02:26 AM
    I thought my charging pod was defective!
    I'm having the same problem with my 9800 Torch with OS6.
    We'll see if it's fully charged tomorrow morning.
    Woke up this morning and my Torch was not charged
    11-17-10 08:51 AM
    Go to your Options and to Accessibility. Put Event Sounds on On mode, and then put your Torch into your dock. If you hear a noise, the it's charging.
    11-17-10 11:09 AM
    The screen should turn on once it detects a charging source. This means that you can lock the phone and if the screen turns on once you've seated it in the charger, you can be sure that it's working.
    11-17-10 02:39 PM
    mine works spot on. maybe reload the os
    11-17-10 10:50 PM
    Works for me. Maybe let battery drain out completely first

11-17-10 11:32 PM
    Works for me. Maybe let battery drain out completely first

Bad advise. It is not good to let lithium ion batteries fully drain.
    11-17-10 11:39 PM
    i had this issue last night for the 1st time, been on OS6 since the leak became available and my phone was working as normal till last night, phone charged ok through USB, cleaned the dock had no change, turned phone off and on had no change, did a battery pull and it started charging by displaying the clock and charging symbol in top left of the screen...very odd.
    11-18-10 08:07 AM
    I just had my phone firmware upgraded by my cell provider (Telus) to OS6 and my dock no longer works as well. It worked the night before the upgrade and now it does not.

Anyone find the fix yet? Considering the dock is an OEM device this is not cool.

11-26-10 09:19 AM
    Im having the exact same problem with two 9700s and two different docks...
    01-17-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD