Will we see Verizon offer the Blackberry Torch? I know they are all in on the Droid, but let's face it...we love our Blackberry's right!! i want a Torch, but where I live, Verizon is my best coverage option.
    11-02-10 08:00 PM
    No one really knows for sure
    11-02-10 09:04 PM
    I'd love a Torch but ATT funded it so if it ever does come to VZW, I don't think it'd be anytime soon unless they're really hurting for profits.
    11-02-10 10:20 PM
    I don't think it really matters what AT&T wants... it would more than likely come down to RIM wanting to change the phone from GSM to CDMA and then if the carrier would carry it. To be honest I really don't see it selling well enough for RIM to do that but I am more than likely wrong on that point, lol.
    11-03-10 12:02 AM
    Last week I talked to my Verizon guys. They told me to not get my hopes up: Verizon won't get the Torch, but a new BB is being built "ground up" for Verizon and should debut in February.
    11-03-10 12:41 AM
    so when they say February.. it most likely will come in May..
    11-03-10 02:30 AM
    Hey come on now, if they say February, they mean February...February 2012
    11-03-10 06:44 AM
    So maybe they're talking about something to take over the top of the line for the Bold 9650 that will be phased out after March 31st? you know, on VZW, I mean
    11-03-10 07:34 AM
    Most likely the LTE Storm.
    11-03-10 10:10 AM
    I'd love a Torch but ATT funded it so if it ever does come to VZW, I don't think it'd be anytime soon unless they're really hurting for profits.
    Actually no one company funded it. It was offered to Sprint before at&t but sprint passed it up for a better phone coming later. Hopefully the 4g version coming next year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 10:30 AM
    BB touchscreen without surepress ftw!!!!
    11-03-10 10:35 AM
    Actually no one company funded it. It was offered to Sprint before at&t but sprint passed it up for a better phone coming later. Hopefully the 4g version coming next year.

Passed it up? If it was offered to sprint first, why is att claiming that they teamed up with rim to make the phone? Unless sprint is getting a phone with qnx (doubtful), i doubt they are going to have a better phone anytime soon.
    11-03-10 11:20 AM
    has the Blackberry Bold 9000 ever made an appearance with Verizon? or how about the iphone, iphone 3G up to iphone 3GS?
    if you answered YES in any of the above questions.. then the Torch will be released under Verizon.
    11-03-10 11:23 AM
    A touchscreen LTE device would get me to upgrade.

11-03-10 11:24 AM
    Actually no one company funded it. It was offered to Sprint before at&t...
    No, it was a joint development between AT&T and RIM (look back in all the original announcements for the phone). A development that started two years ago. AT&T has a direct stake in the Torch. That's why they are pushing it so hard. If any other carrier wants the Torch now, you can be pretty sure that AT&T will ask for some serious money in licensing fees. Something I'm sure they had well covered when this deal was all started.

Last edited by joeldf; 11-03-10 at 04:54 PM.
    11-03-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD