After wiping my Curve with BBSAK, i get a message ''NO OS FOUND, please install a OS for your phone. and i downloaded v5.0.0.886 OS and installed. Any help???
    11-02-10 05:22 PM
    did you solve your problem ?
    11-24-10 04:01 AM
    same problem os not found
    11-24-10 05:52 AM
    Which Device do you have?
    11-24-10 09:08 AM
    I also have an 8520 I'm trying to update and I have the same problem. The phone is recognised by Desktop Manager, BBSAK and AppLoader yet still none are giving me the option to update. BBSAK gives me the same message when I try to do the OS Load. I had OS .822 installed and I recently downloaded .900. No change...
    11-24-10 09:26 AM
    You downloaded .900. Did you then install .900 to your computer?
    11-24-10 09:34 AM
    I was told by someone if there's no SIM card with an activated BB service, the phone would not allow you to update the OS, especially from v4.6 to v5.0 (as in my case). Can someone confirm?
    11-24-10 09:39 PM
    Ir depends. CDMA networks dont use a sim, so that would eliminate that on a 8530. On a 8520, yes you need a sim, and that connects your Berry to the network. Some later versions of OS 5.0 you need a data plan to update.
    11-24-10 09:55 PM
    i have blackberry curve 8520 it 4.6 os i want update to 0s 5, whem i am run bbsak
    click on load OS, i get a message ''NO OS FOUND, but i have download os to my computer

please help me out
    11-24-10 10:51 PM
    As I posted above..... you downloaded the OS. Did you then take the 2nd step and install it on your computer?
    11-24-10 11:12 PM
    Make sure you have the OS installed on your PC first. If you still get that error when clicking Load OS then approach it from apploader.exe.

C:/ > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader

Make sure you delete vendor.exe, then select apploader.exe. This should work
    11-24-10 11:16 PM
    i have blackberry curve 8520 it 4.6 os i want update to 0s 5, whem i am run bbsak
    click on load OS, i get a message ''NO OS FOUND, but i have download os to my computer

please help me out
    Do you have a data plan (BIS)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 01:20 AM
    If you have done the intalling-to-your-computer thing, remember that you'll need to delete the vendor.xml file or you won't be able to install - you'll most likely get the message that you're getting if you haven't.

If you decide to download and install an unofficial version of the BlackBerry OS, you should beware that you're doing so at your own risk. Beta operating systems are not officially released for good reason: They're often full of bugs and could potentially void your warranty or worse, render your BlackBerry unusable. (Read, "How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry," if you ever find yourself with a bricked 'Berry. If you do decide to install unofficial software and it's from a carrier that isn't your own, you should be sure to ditch the software's vendor XML file before beginning installation. To do so, open your PC's Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader and then delete the Vendor file, which is in XML format. If you don't delete the other vendor's file, the software won't be able to install the software on your carrier-locked device.
    from

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Hope this helps!

barljo
    11-25-10 02:20 AM
    As I posted above..... you downloaded the OS. Did you then take the 2nd step and install it on your computer?
    ya i have download OS 5.0.0822 bundle 1385 platform 5.2.076 to my computer

11-25-10 10:34 PM
    Do you have a data plan (BIS)?

no i don`t have any data plan

11-25-10 10:35 PM
    ya i have download OS 5.0.0822 bundle 1385 platform 5.2.076 to my computer

Once you downloaded the OS to your PC, did you right-click on the launcher on your PC desktop and "Run as Administrator"?
    11-25-10 10:48 PM

finally i have install os 5 to my blackbeery cure8520
    first open BBSAK software click on wipe device than click on load os you will get an error no os found close it
    than open blackberry Desktop Manager & you device will update to os 5

dont forget to take u backup data ok

Adith Thackrey and the7ackal like this.
    11-26-10 10:58 PM
    What happens if I dont have a data plan? Can I still do it that way?

I tried to update it with Desktop Manager, but it didn't allow me because I don't have a data plan.

----------------------------
    EDIT:
    I tried without a data plan and it works. I did pretty much the same sajan1245 wrote above, except tht I opened the Loader instead of the DM.

Thanks
    Last edited by leoneljmr; 02-04-11 at 11:59 AM.
    01-28-11 12:10 AM
    I had the same problem. First I tried to update my OS without BBSAK after a couple of fails I found this thread BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com I followed the step-by-step guide made in the thread until the OS load time.I have downloaded and installed nearly 10 different setups from differend carriers, the BBSAK found none.I have started to feel screwed but then I come across a thread about that problem. You need to use the loader.exe found in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ofc you need to delete vendor.xml and you also need to wipe your bb before proseeding with lunching the loader.exe I have tried to update without wiping, but the loader.exe just didn't put the OS in the list of things to instal (just the apps I had). When you are promported to check what you need you will see the first 2 things are your desired bbOS, choose everything else you want.I hope I help someone reading this thread because I know how frustrating the search for the right answer can be.
    Sorry for my bad English!
    Anshindesu and 23KSHELLS like this.
    12-13-11 10:52 AM
    hi my blackberry 8520 fell into water i dried it out sent it to the shop they chanfed some parts an sent it back saying it cant be fixed. i turned it on an it says NO APPLICATIONS LINKED (FACTORY OS) how can i fix this? also it wont connect to my pc. thanks
    12-15-11 08:53 PM
    I had the same problem. First I tried to update my OS without BBSAK after a couple of fails I found this thread BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com I followed the step-by-step guide made in the thread until the OS load time.I have downloaded and installed nearly 10 different setups from differend carriers, the BBSAK found none.I have started to feel screwed but then I come across a thread about that problem. You need to use the loader.exe found in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ofc you need to delete vendor.xml and you also need to wipe your bb before proseeding with lunching the loader.exe I have tried to update without wiping, but the loader.exe just didn't put the OS in the list of things to instal (just the apps I had). When you are promported to check what you need you will see the first 2 things are your desired bbOS, choose everything else you want.I hope I help someone reading this thread because I know how frustrating the search for the right answer can be.
    Sorry for my bad English!
    No need to apologize. I have been for a long time trying to solve this issue and your post solved it. Thank you and all the rest for their contributions. I was trying to Upgrade BB Without a Data plan. On a blog I found that BBSAK would be doing the job. After wiping my device I tried to load the new OS I have installed and an error made impossible my upgrade. The following error "'NO OS FOUND, please install a OS for your phone" didn't allow me to load the new OS with BBSAK. After reading this post I used loader.exe directly but deleting first the "vendor" file. The New OS loaded perfectly fine. Thank you.
    23KSHELLS likes this.
    01-07-12 12:31 PM
    Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your most valuable guidance on updating to os 5.0.0 without data plan...
    followed the steps mentioned by sajan 1245 and was successful in updating.
    thnks 1nc again.special thnks to RWWackoStu

12-16-12 12:04 AM
    i think this medhot is finally working to update my 8520 to os 5
    if it is successful then thankyou so much
    and if not then i'll post results on this forum
    12-30-12 04:59 PM
    Make sure you have the OS installed on your PC first. If you still get that error when clicking Load OS then approach it from apploader.exe.

C:/ > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader

Make sure you delete vendor.exe, then select apploader.exe. This should work
    I think deleting what you've mention + the other vendor file on C:/user/a[[data/RIM/Blackberry
    it worked with me... hope it worked for you...
    funny, I answered this question that was 3 years ago
    02-04-13 10:47 AM
    u did a great god thankuuuuu
    02-25-13 08:55 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD