just seen willy boy on twitter said three 256 devices that havent got 0s6 before will get it today . the 9700 just dropped with 6.0.334 and two more later im crossing my fingers and hoping 9550 gets some love but im not holding my breath.......
    11-02-10 08:37 AM
    I doubt it. But if S2 did get a leak, and it wasn't a total POS like the last 3 or 4 OS5 releases, I might install it.
    11-02-10 08:43 AM
    I don't believe a lot of devices will get it also unless they come up with OS6 Lite.
    11-02-10 08:56 AM
    9700 gets and we still get shafted. I can't wait for the iPhone on Big Red in 2011!
    11-02-10 08:59 AM
    We still have a chance as slim as it my be. Well know by this afternoon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 09:12 AM
    Reliable sources have said to me the S2 will be getting a tailored OS6 release within the hour. It will blow you away and take your Storm 2 into the upper tier of Smartphones. By virtue of the way the software is written it will essentially double your memory and is supposed to make this run like stink. Blazing fast multi-tasking, higher virtual resolution on your screen, and elimination of the sure-press system. Yep, that's right, the screen will work like the Torch or an iPhone. ENJOY FOLKS!
    11-02-10 09:49 AM
    htm....I don't know if I can believe you, but I do believe that it's possible we see an OS6 leak today for 9550. I'm not sure I'm up for the "capacitive" touch screen, but it would probably be worth it for OS6, especially since I don't plan on buying another Storm. A lot of the other things are just not believable for me. I'll wait and see.
    11-02-10 09:56 AM
    Reliable sources have said to me the S2 will be getting a tailored OS6 release within the hour. It will blow you away and take your Storm 2 into the upper tier of Smartphones. By virtue of the way the software is written it will essentially double your memory and is supposed to make this run like stink. Blazing fast multi-tasking, higher virtual resolution on your screen, and elimination of the sure-press system. Yep, that's right, the screen will work like the Torch or an iPhone. ENJOY FOLKS!
    Disabling surepress would be a great a huge selling point for BB6 on Storm, but I doubt any of this is true.
    11-02-10 10:01 AM
    doesn't a touchscreen OS take up way more file free? Therefore crippling the app and storage memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 10:03 AM
    JPLEE, it will change your life. My source has also lost 15 pounds, divorced his fat old wife, started dating his secretary who is 23 years his junior, and regrew hair he lost in his 30s. This OS will cure cancer and usher in an era of world peace unparalleled in the annals of history. World hunger? Done. AIDS? Over. Birth defects? Now relegated to urban legend.

Come on people, you bought a Storm...that line is deader than any Kennedy. Just ride out the useful life of your handsets and use it for batting practice when you replace your phone.
    11-02-10 10:05 AM
    Come on people, you bought a Storm...that line is deader than any Kennedy. Just ride out the useful life of your handsets and use it for batting practice when you replace your phone.
    ROFL...that's some funny stuff!!!! Storm2 isn't getting BB6, but who knows if someone finally got the one VZW stopped testing 2 months ago.
    11-02-10 10:08 AM
    For those who I may have offended I want to apologize, just found it humorous that people are so keen on OS6. OS5 is fine. You won't find much in OS6 that will improve your Berry experience. The Storm is a decent product if you can handle the surepress. Just remember, the grass isn't always greener. You lose all your ringtones and have a bunch of lame ones when you go to OS6. I won't touch OS5 on my Bold. It's stable and reliable.
    11-02-10 10:15 AM
    Now I can't wait for sure! RIM FTW!!!

You lose all your ringtones with OS6? Wha???!?!?!!
    11-02-10 10:24 AM
    Ya, they decided to do something like 34 ringtones that are "new and improved" but they kind of suck. Have a look in the Torch Forum, there are people working on fixes that will let you transfer your old ringtones.alerts to the OS 6 platform but it's a pain.
    11-02-10 10:28 AM
    For those who I may have offended I want to apologize, just found it humorous that people are so keen on OS6. OS5 is fine. You won't find much in OS6 that will improve your Berry experience. The Storm is a decent product if you can handle the surepress. Just remember, the grass isn't always greener. You lose all your ringtones and have a bunch of lame ones when you go to OS6. I won't touch OS5 on my Bold. It's stable and reliable.
    True. I have got my S2 set up the way I like it and it's perfect. I have 30+ apps and I use all of them, though not all the time of course. Going to OS6 might lose me some of those apps.

The only thing that's worth going to OS6 is the browser, and that's about it.
    11-02-10 10:30 AM
    I make my own ringtones with Audacity. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I was just reading willyboy's tweets and someone asked him if either of the other two leaks start with a "95." willyboy told him "don't get your hopes up."

Oh well. It's not like I would be one of the first to upgrade anyway. I like all my paid apps to work. Fa sho.
    11-02-10 10:32 AM

and use it for batting practice when you replace your phone.
    I'm hoping to sell ours via Craigslist when the time comes to replace our S2's...makes more sense to me than destroying the phone. you really hate it, don't you???
    11-02-10 10:36 AM
    Is it April first or something?
    11-02-10 10:50 AM
    I had that same thought. In addition to batting practice, Storm2 makes a great door stop, paperweight, office chair wheel chock....the possibilities are endless.
    11-02-10 10:53 AM
    Taking the p1ss is all mate

I'm hoping to sell ours via Craigslist when the time comes to replace our S2's...makes more sense to me than destroying the phone. you really hate it, don't you???
    It was kind of a joke, Dave. The Storm isn't that bad as I said in another post but I was really pissed when Blackberry tried to change the rules of the touchscreen game with Surepress. It was awkward to get used to and counterintuitive. Yes after time you grew accustomed to it but that is the case with anything, even buttsecks.
    11-02-10 11:59 AM
    Different strokes for different folks htm986. I tried the iPhone, Galaxy S and I couldn't stand tapping on the glass. That was when I was still using a qwerty BB. I switched to a S2 for a larger screen, and SurePress felt intuitive to me and I got used to it in a few minutes.

Now, I no longer hate using capacitive touch screens like the iPhone. SurePress made it possible for me.
    11-02-10 12:02 PM
    T...It was kind of a joke, Dave. The Storm isn't that bad as I said in another post but I was really pissed when Blackberry tried to change the rules of the touchscreen game with Surepress. It was awkward to get used to and counterintuitive. Yes after time you grew accustomed to it but that is the case with anything, even buttsecks.
    Sorry, but I disagree with you; pressing on the screen is as natural as pressing a physical button. It seems VERY awkward to me to "tap" on a solid piece of glass to make a selection. First we want RIM to be innovated, and then when they are, we diss them! I really hope RIM keeps SurePress and SureType!
    11-02-10 12:16 PM
    Taking the p1ss is all mate

It was kind of a joke, Dave. The Storm isn't that bad as I said in another post but I was really pissed when Blackberry tried to change the rules of the touchscreen game with Surepress. It was awkward to get used to and counterintuitive. Yes after time you grew accustomed to it but that is the case with anything, even buttsecks.
    I got used to it the moment I picked up my first one! It's the infernal non-feedback touchscreens that **** me off, as I make lots of typos on them (eg., my touch). If only Apple and other mfgrs would provide a few milliseconds delay options, many of my errant keystrokes wouldn't occur. ie--the "other" touchscreen's keyboards are too quick to accept a keystroke.
    11-02-10 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD