Hi all
    Ive just updated the google maps app on my 9500 to v4.5.1 from the much older v3.x.x
    REALLY hate it.....cant get used to using it and the worst thing is that its only half screen with letter-pad at bottom and cant be used in landscape.
    Is there any way i can downgrade to my original version i had before i upgraded ???
    And where can i get the old version from????.....cant find it on the net anywhere !!!!!
    11-01-10 11:56 AM
    Sounds like it is running in "Compatability Mode"

Go to Options > Applications

Select Google Maps
    Hit BB key (Menu)
    Select "Disable Compability Mode"
    If it says Enable Compability Mode then this moot.

Also make sure you downloaded the right version, meaning that it wsa meant for a Storm (TouchScreen BB)
    11-01-10 02:05 PM
    thanks for your reply Engine
    i managed to get it to full screen but am still having major problems
    cant scroll anywhere or do any searches etc
    really want to downgrade to previous maps which worked 100%
    is there any way i can do this?
    need to get hold of v3.2.0
    11-02-10 10:34 AM
    What OS are you using?

I use GMaps on a daily basis and the new 1 is far superior.

Im on 419, shrunk .
    11-04-10 11:39 AM
    there was an issue some time ago where some had issues downloading the touchscreen version. it would load up in compatibility mode and if you took it off it still wouldnt work right. uninstall it and try to install again maybe from a different location, maybe direct --> m.google.com/maps
    11-04-10 03:14 PM
    im using OS 5.0.0451 and currently google maps v4.4.0
    I did delete google maps (v4.5.1 using desktop manager) and tried to install direct from m.google.com/maps which gave me v4.4.0

still no luck with this
    cant scroll around and only shows my current position

the good thing with the much older version of google maps (v3.x.x) i was using is that i could zoom in or out by pressing the magify buttons on screen and my location button
    this new version doenst have any of them features

some please help me!!!!!....lol
    11-05-10 01:12 PM
    Kinda strange ... I just went on Google to check for updates, and it wants to replace my 4.5.1 with 4.4.0. I know I have had problems since upgrading to 4.5.1. I wonder if they pulled it and reverted back to 4.4.0?

Hi all
    Ive just updated the google maps app on my 9500 to v4.5.1 from the much older v3.x.x
    REALLY hate it.....cant get used to using it and the worst thing is that its only half screen with letter-pad at bottom and cant be used in landscape.
    Is there any way i can downgrade to my original version i had before i upgraded ???
    And where can i get the old version from????.....cant find it on the net anywhere !!!!!
    11-05-10 01:19 PM
    was you having the same probs as above Paul?
    unable to scroll around etc
    11-06-10 10:40 AM
    GM 4.4 is fully featured and includes the zoom on the button left and touch to move the screen. You are downloading the wrong one incompatible with the Storm.

Change Browser config from either Explorer/Firefox to Blackberry, so your phone hardware can be read correctly, delete and reload GM.
    11-07-10 03:29 PM
    hey wentouch
    done all that you said and it now WORKS !!!!!
    thanks alot
    11-07-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD