just d/l the .975 update from vzw, phone says it can take up to 2 hours. does it really take this long? right now its scheduled to run the update at 2am tomorrow.
    10-31-10 03:34 PM
    just d/l the .975 update from vzw, phone says it can take up to 2 hours. does it really take this long? right now its scheduled to run the update at 2am tomorrow.
    OTA takes a lot longer than the preferred method. Most of the posters here will recommend using your PC and App loader. Usually takes abour 30 to 40 minutes this way. There are other reasons as well to use your PC and they are covered in previous threads in this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 04:04 PM
    Absolutely +1 to what i_hiker is saying!
    OTA=madness and mayhem
    PC and apploader=common sense

Just say NO to OTA....LOL
    Too many variables
    10-31-10 04:39 PM
    Absolutely +1 to what i_hiker is saying!
    OTA=madness and mayhem
    PC and apploader=common sense

Just say NO to OTA....LOL
    Too many variables
    +1 here as well.

OTA works, but toooo much of a hassle. Use DM or go right to the file and execute APLOADER.EXE, much easier and simpler and less time.
    10-31-10 06:38 PM
    it didn't take long for me to use the OTA actually got the email there was an update while at work. I downloaded and ran it didn't even take an hour !
    10-31-10 06:43 PM
    Its already downloaded to my phone. That only took a couple minutes or so. I was just wondering. If I have any problems ill take it to verizon and let them figure it out

10-31-10 08:27 PM
    I don't think it took 40 minutes using the desktop software but it could have. I thought it was quick for a new OS upgrade.
    10-31-10 08:32 PM
    Woke up this morning, no problems. It seems to of forgotten all the user name / passwords for the forums I post at. But if that's the worst that happens, then I can deal with that. So what's so great about 975? So far I dotn see a difference? Or will I not even notice a difference?

11-01-10 10:04 AM
    Woke up this morning, no problems. It seems to of forgotten all the user name / passwords for the forums I post at. But if that's the worst that happens, then I can deal with that. So what's so great about 975? So far I dotn see a difference? Or will I not even notice a difference?

If you want to know more about an OS that you have already put on your phone...
    which you should have probably researched BEFORE you loaded it...
    look here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/965...-fixes-533471/
    11-01-10 10:13 AM
    Good adivce, jaydee. Always do your homework first.
    11-01-10 10:19 AM
    I would definitely recommend using DM...even if its just to save your battery/keep your phone cool
    11-01-10 10:46 AM
    As mentioned just say no to ota. The worst way to upgrade. It takes me all of 30 min from start to complete finish, including uninstalling the old and re-installing the new to my laptop. Then a final recoding the few apps that didn't save the security. App Loader is the way to go. It saves and reinstalls all and it's never failed me yet. I've yet to keep an os on my bold for an entire week. I just store the different os files and reload when the whim strikes and I have an extra 30 min. Shrunk to my specs of course. Of course I'm not having to mess with BES either. My bold is all mine, like a family member. Ha ha I know, TMI
    Last edited by cbreze; 11-01-10 at 01:03 PM.
    11-01-10 12:59 PM
    Just wanted to share my update experience...and yes I did the OTA. Told my husband to absolutely not do the OTA and of course that is exactly what he did. It went so well that I went ahead today and did the same thing. I would not do it at night because there are prompts that you have to follow when it is finished downloading and you may be expecting that it will be a happy camper while you are running out the door.
    11-01-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD