So after I updated to os 6 on my bold, everything worked fine and great. Then i upgraded bbm bc i figured it wouldn't do anything bad...... well.. it wiped bbm off my phone. everytime I try to locate the icon, it isn't there, but it is in my applications list. so i deleted it and tried to reload it through bb app world.... it keeps downloading and installing but no icon...

Help Please?

THANKS!
    10-30-10 02:55 PM
    Simple fix but did you reboot after installing?
    10-30-10 03:17 PM
    Simple fix but did you reboot after installing?
    Yeah I did I did a battery pull after I deleted it each time and after I reinstalled it also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 03:42 PM
    I ran into this problem, too. I had to end up deleting the version I downloaded from AppWorld, rebooting my 'Berry, and then launching AppLoader (don't use Desktop Manager), and I just used that version. It's the same version number as the one from AppWorld, but for some reason, the one on AppWorld doesn't always play nice with "unofficial" OS releases.
    10-30-10 04:37 PM
    Lol. Idk what I've done but I've lost the app loader icon too! Wth! Lol

10-30-10 06:08 PM
    Lol. Idk what I've done but I've lost the app loader icon too! Wth! Lol
    You lost it from your directory? Be sure you're lookin' in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\" directory (though it may vary slightly based on your PC setup and the like).
    10-30-10 06:24 PM
    You lost it from your directory? Be sure you're lookin' in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\" directory (though it may vary slightly based on your PC setup and the like).
    Sorry I meant on my phone itself. Idk why they are just all of the sudden disappearing

10-30-10 06:44 PM
    The 280 leak already has the 5.0.1.41 version of bbm thats out now so theres no need to even update it.
    10-30-10 07:09 PM
    I have .222

10-30-10 07:11 PM
    Well, I would just go to AppWorld on your phone, uninstall that version of BBM, then restart your phone and go to the Apploader directory on your PC and load it from there. I didn't use .222, but I'm guessing it had a version of BBM that came with it, though I dunno which version it is.

Not sure what kinda wicked mojo RIM has going on with the BBM version in AppWorld that makes the icon disappear, but they warn ya about it, and they're not kidding!
    10-30-10 07:27 PM
    The leaked OS already has the latest BBM version. I had the same problem awhile back with a hybrid OS and downloading BBM from app world. The immediate fix I used was to use pull the BBM cod files from the java OS folder. I think there were 3 of them in the peer to peer .cods. insert them directly into the phone OS by using BBSAK. I would either wipe and re install the entire OS6 or find the BBM .cod files in your OS6 java folder and insert them into your BB with BBSAK. Once you hit the right .cod, the icon will immediatly reappear.
    10-30-10 07:28 PM
    I have .222

I would upgrade to 280 anyway if I were you. .222 is really buggy compared to .280.
    10-30-10 07:31 PM
    I would upgrade to 280 anyway if I were you. .222 is really buggy compared to .280.

Yeah, i figured that might be my best bet. I'm trying to search for it right now
    10-30-10 07:35 PM
    Bbleaks.com

10-31-10 01:57 AM
    After playing with dm for awhile, I finially got it back on my berry! Thanks for all the help everyone!!

10-31-10 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD