Seems they are able to get the newest from Samsung but cant seem
    to get any new Blackberry phones.

Yes, they got the 9650, but a year or more after RIM released it.

They might get the Style, but its for the ladies.

**** their still pushing the old Tour until just recently.

The Belief program is a joke and will not help me and many others
    in any way. Most folks are now paying more then they did before.

Service and coverage is great, but the BB selection just plain blows.

I will be looking to move all four phones to someone else next Spring if
    they do not start offering something worth while.

BTW, they offer the 9650 but they are out of line price wise!

Tim
    10-30-10 11:22 AM

Tim
    Isn't it fun to see what all the other carriers are getting before us. Un........beleifable!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 01:04 PM
    So what other CDMA Blackberry would you like to see them carry that they don't?

Other than the Storm of course since it's a Verizon exclusive that VZW partially paid for the development...
    10-30-10 02:37 PM
    So what other CDMA Blackberry would you like to see them carry that they don't?

Other than the Storm of course since it's a Verizon exclusive that VZW partially paid for the development...
    Maybe USCC should try the same.

10-30-10 06:02 PM
    Maybe USCC should try the same.

USCC doesn't have the money for that. VZW and AT&T yes, USCC no.
    10-30-10 08:40 PM
    USCC doesn't have the money for that. VZW and AT&T yes, USCC no.
    Then all we have to look forward to is great customer service and new androids. Seems to me the writings on the wall.

10-31-10 10:27 AM
    Then all we have to look forward to is great customer service and new androids. Seems to me the writings on the wall.

Again, USCC carries or will soon carry every non-exclusive CDMA Blackberry that is currently in production. I'm not sure exactly what you want them to do. They don't have the cash or the pull to co-develop new handsets with manufacturers. If you want those devices you'll have to go elsewhere.
    10-31-10 02:10 PM
    I've been relatively happy with USCC for the 13+ years I've been with them. Customer service and coverage have been great. All things considered, I'll take these things over having the latest BB model.
    10-31-10 08:23 PM

Tim
    I don't disagree with you regarding your points about USCC being slower to get new phones, especially BlackBerries. I had similar discussions with BigE about it several months ago. However, you are incorrect in saying the Bold 9650 was out for a year or more before USCC got it. It came out on carries the end of May to begin with (Spring might have been the first if I recall); USCC got it the early part of August. Several months behind yes, but not as bad as you make it out to be.

Ultimately I decided to stay with USCC, as I have for ten plus years, and got my new Bold the first week in September.

I will say that I get a feeling USCC is beginning to turn it's back to BB's. Look at all the hype and hoopla over Android they've made. Even look at the incredibly different ways they announced and released the Acclaim and the Bold. They talked about the Acclaim incessantly on their Facebook page and made it front page on their website the second it launched. When the Bold launched, after several delays, they didn't post a single thing on their Facebook page and did not have it in any information on their homepage. I didn't see it in their advertising for several weeks, and then it was only the print stuff and certainly nothing like billboards, TV, radio, etc.

It will be interesting to see what they do going forward. Like many of the companies, I think they're hitching themselves to the Android craze, despite BB still being the best-selling smartphone on the market with some outstanding new products coming soon and an exciting future with the Playbook and QNX.
    10-31-10 10:53 PM
    Torch is what I want.

I know, it was developed with ATT.(I know its not a CDMA) But that is their mistake, not mine.

I need the bigger screen as the eyes hate the smaller ones.

I might, and thats a BIG might, look at the Style. I would look at the
    9650 but USCC pricing is out of line right now.

USCC has been loosing customers over the past year, thus they came out with this new pricing structure and no contract lure.

I agree, that USCC does not seem to like the BBs. Just go in to one of the stores here in Madison and most of the sales folks know nothing about them.

I don't want a Droid as I don't need a toy but a real tool that works well and is secure.

Tim
    11-01-10 10:34 AM
    I've been relatively happy with USCC for the 13+ years I've been with them. Customer service and coverage have been great. All things considered, I'll take these things over having the latest BB model.
    Thats cool. But its sort of like saying, I'll drive any kind of car as long
    as the roads a good.

Tim
    11-01-10 10:39 AM
    More proof USCC cares nothing about BB. They apparently released the 9330 today. No announcement on Facebook, nothing on their home page, not a single thing anywhere. I randomly checked their site today and lo and behold there it is for $59 after rebate.

Cell Phones | Mobile Phones | Wireless Phone | U.S. Cellular
    11-01-10 02:53 PM
    Good grief, first we complain when they don't carry X phone. Then when they carry it we're pissed because they didn't throw a party.

11-01-10 05:39 PM
    Good grief, first we complain when they don't carry X phone. Then when they carry it we're pissed because they didn't throw a party.

US Cellular is Android fanboys, why the 9330 is an afterthought. i like the 8530 for a penny though......
    11-01-10 08:14 PM
    US Cellular is Android fanboys, why the 9330 is an afterthought. i like the 8530 for a penny though......
    Can you blame them? Android is hot, Blackberry is old and cold.

Last edited by BigE4284; 11-01-10 at 10:35 PM.
    11-01-10 10:22 PM

No one's asking for a party. But it seriously would have taken them 30 seconds to post on their Facebook page, with tens of thousands of followers, that the 9330 went on sale (or the Bold several months ago for that matter). How sad is it that USCC won't even spend 30 seconds to advertise BlackBerry?
    11-01-10 10:42 PM
    No one's asking for a party. But it seriously would have taken them 30 seconds to post on their Facebook page, with tens of thousands of followers, that the 9330 went on sale (or the Bold several months ago for that matter). How sad is it that USCC won't even spend 30 seconds to advertise BlackBerry?
    I'd venture that the sales numbers would indicate that folks don't care much compared to Android. Since it seems that you follow the FB page you can't disagree that the questions/comments that are posted about Android outnumber those for BB probably 10 to 1.
    11-02-10 10:29 AM
    Definitely blown out of proportion. The Tour 9630 was released a year ago (I got it the first weekend it went on sale). The 9650 was released just over two months after other carriers got it. Not that it was a huge success, but the Pearl Flip came out only after a couple of weeks from other carriers.

I think it would be great to have something like the Storm or Torch, but both of those are carrier exclusives. You don't see Verizon or Sprint carrying the Torch, and AT&T doesn't have the Storm. So, what current CDMA models aren't carried by USCC?

Bold 9650 - They have it.
    Curve 9330 - They have it.
    Style 9670 - Not yet.
    Storm 9550 - Verizon Exclusive.

They haven't released a CDMA Pearl 3G yet (to any carrier). There isn't a CDMA Torch. What CDMA model is missing from the USCC lineup?
    Last edited by Xopher; 11-11-10 at 05:00 PM.
    11-03-10 08:09 AM
    I don't want a Droid as I don't need a toy but a real tool that works well and is secure.

Tim
    Yes, I completely agree. You are a real tool!
    11-03-10 08:17 AM
    Definitely blown out of proportion. The Tour 9630 was released a year ago (I got it the first weekend it went on sale). The 9650 was released just over two months after other carriers got it. Not that it was a huge success, but the Pearl Flip came out only after a couple of weeks from other carriers.

I think it would be great to have something like the Storm or Torch, but both of those are carrier exclusives. You don't see Verizon or Sprint carrying the Torch, and AT&T doesn't have the Storm. So, what current CDMA models aren't carried by USCC?

Bold 9650 - They have it.
    Curve 9330 - They have it.
    Style 9670 - Not yet.
    Storm 9550 - Verizon Exclusive.

They haven't released a CDMA Pearl 9230 yet (to any carrier). There isn't a CDMA Torch. What CDMA model is missing from the USCC lineup?
    Thank you...
    11-03-10 09:52 AM
    Yes, I completely agree. You are a real tool!

Yes, he really is. Lmfao. If he picked up the Desire (the screen on the mez is too big for me and the phone doesn't weigh enough) and used it for a few days, he would realize that besides BB messenger, Android is slowly taking over. Then someone will say 'push email' well, you can do it on Android too, takes a couple of apps, but you can with gmail off the bat. Also, with push email, how many times a year does BIS in the US go down? Now, how many times a year does gmail go down? EXACTLY.

So, besides the battery life not quite being up to par yet (which I can get a full day with heavy use on the stock rom and even more on cyanogen,) Android is surprising me greatly. I too thought it was a toy OS, but paired with the right phones it is great.

Just my 20 cents.
    11-03-10 11:02 AM
    Yes, he really is. Lmfao. If he picked up the Desire (the screen on the mez is too big for me and the phone doesn't weigh enough) and used it for a few days, he would realize that besides BB messenger, Android is slowly taking over. Then someone will say 'push email' well, you can do it on Android too, takes a couple of apps, but you can with gmail off the bat. Also, with push email, how many times a year does BIS in the US go down? Now, how many times a year does gmail go down? EXACTLY.

So, besides the battery life not quite being up to par yet (which I can get a full day with heavy use on the stock rom and even more on cyanogen,) Android is surprising me greatly. I too thought it was a toy OS, but paired with the right phones it is great.

Just my 20 cents.
    Love the insults....must be "toy" owners. I dont use BBM at all....girls toy.

I shall move on as it is clear some folks are not here to help but to push their little toys on people. Go play with your PS3....go on, before you mom gets pissed.

Tim
    11-07-10 01:27 AM
    Love the insults....must be "toy" owners. I dont use BBM at all....girls toy.

I shall move on as it is clear some folks are not here to help but to push their little toys on people. Go play with your PS3....go on, before you mom gets pissed.

Tim
    The fact that you call BBM a "girls toy" tells me everything I need to know about you. Apparently "men" don't use BBM? Do "men" text instead or is that girly too? Maybe real men only send smoke signals.

Go away.
    11-07-10 09:51 AM
    What does it matter if USC pushes blackberry or not? If you want a blackberry you'll buy a blackberry. If you want a different phone you'll buy a different phone.

I guess that advertising does influence the sheeple that can't think for themselves.
    11-08-10 09:24 AM
    What does it matter if USC pushes blackberry or not? If you want a blackberry you'll buy a blackberry. If you want a different phone you'll buy a different phone.

I guess that advertising does influence the sheeple that can't think for themselves.
    So what happens with us USC customers when Verizon comes out with LTE or QNX devices? Will we wait 6 - 8 months for them or move to a different carrier? Might be an interesting future ahead of us.

11-08-10 08:15 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD