Hi All,
    Just got my Verizon Curve 8330 and am loving it. The starter disc contained Device manager version 4.2 along with Roxio media manager. After using it for a week I upgraded to Device manager 4.5 and clicked on the english version WITH media manager. Since the update , I cant find media manager.
    I have been using windows explorer to add ringtone and pics instead which I've found faster than Media manager anyway, but I'm curious as to where it is or did I do something wrong. I definetly clicked on the right link that said With media manager.

Thanks in advance

Al
    07-23-08 05:45 AM
    Well, I hate to sit here and tell you that you didn't, "click on the version without Media Manager". But sounds to me like thats exactly what you did. Uninstall it, and re-download the version w/Media Manager.
    07-23-08 05:55 AM
    I had the same issue. Downloaded DM 4.5 with Media Manager, installed it, and Media Manager didn't show up. Then I ran the MM install seperately, and found that it needs elevated priveleges to install, but doesn't give an error if you install them together.

If you extract the installer with Winzip, you'll find a SR_MM folder. That's the Roxio folder. Run the setup in that folder and see if you get an error.

You might be able to install just Media Manager if you log in as Administrator, but I did the whole install and it worked fine.
    07-23-08 07:33 AM
    Downloaded fine for me and works great, try clicking the without link to see if are cross-linked
    07-23-08 07:38 AM
    Thanks Max,
    That solved the problem. BTW do I even need media manager? Seems like windows explorer does the same thing. Roxio media manager seemed very slow to me
    07-23-08 09:11 PM
    Thanks Max,
    That solved the problem. BTW do I even need media manager? Seems like windows explorer does the same thing. Roxio media manager seemed very slow to me
    Not really, unless you want to convert a file or something.. but even then there are other ways to do that. Roxio is really slow and bloated. Using mass media mode and dragging and dropping is the way to go.
    07-23-08 09:19 PM
    i dunno if this applies, but i know verizon is REALLY nasty with making you download things like ringtones/wallpapers/etc - i once got a motorolla with them ages ago and the PC software had the media tab locked.
    07-23-08 09:42 PM
    Nope.. not an issue with Verizon if you have a BB. You can use a freeware tool, load up your favorite mp3, cut it and create your own ringtones in a few easy steps. Then just drag and drop and you're all set. I do know what you mean about Verizon and their regular phones though.
    07-23-08 10:06 PM
    I had the same issue. Downloaded DM 4.5 with Media Manager, installed it, and Media Manager didn't show up. Then I ran the MM install seperately, and found that it needs elevated priveleges to install, but doesn't give an error if you install them together.

If you extract the installer with Winzip, you'll find a SR_MM folder. That's the Roxio folder. Run the setup in that folder and see if you get an error.

You might be able to install just Media Manager if you log in as Administrator, but I did the whole install and it worked fine.
    Max, how do you run the MM install by itself? I just installed DM via a disc that came with my BB (and I also can't find MM anywhere.)
    09-16-08 03:53 AM
    Max, how do you run the MM install by itself? I just installed DM via a disc that came with my BB (and I also can't find MM anywhere.)
    I don't know if Sprint includes the version with Media Manager or not. You might be better off downloading DM 4.6 from here. DM 4.6 also includes the option to download Media Sync after it's installed. Media Sync is used to sync your BB with non-DRM iTunes media.
    09-16-08 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD