We have seen a number of BlackBerrys in the past few weeks mysteriously wipe their e-mail message history and call log history for no apparent reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to find out more about it?

Thanks!
    07-23-08 05:36 AM
    Sounds like a memory issue. This may help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 06:05 AM
    When BB's are low on memory, they start deleting logs & histories. It is advised that you have at least 10 mg of free memory on your BB. There are several threads on this topic. Hope this helps.
    07-23-08 06:10 AM
    I'm not sure why I'm still having this problem. I've cleaned out my memory, deleted unwanted programs, moved all media to my media card and I still have this problem. It wipes out my sms/mms folders, facebook inbox and it also deleted my bb messenger conversations. Could it be something other than lack of memory space?
    07-23-08 06:31 AM
    Any crashes to go along with it? I recently lost history due to a lockup & put it down to that, but then I traced the lockup back to low memory!

After you cleaned up how much free memory do you have?
    07-23-08 09:52 AM
    First of all, please search the forums.

Secondly, welcome to CrackBerry

Third, Stoner's Guide (link in signature)

enough said...

There are sooo many memory questions, search function is your friend!
    07-23-08 09:54 AM
    Beside memory issue, it could possibly be a hardware issue "bad device". I had this problem before and it turn out to be a bad unit, had to get a replacement for it.
    07-24-08 05:26 PM
    Thanks for the tips. It is in fact the Memory Manager that ditches old messages in favour of newer larger ones. Oddly enough it is willing to preserve drunken photos of the office party but delete important e-mails relating to transactions. I let the user know that they should be more dilligent about deleting/not taking photos, reducing the time period for tracking calendar appointments and stripping out 3rd party applications.

I would like to strip down and lock down the entire OS and the BB environment to allow phone calls, e-mails and that's it.

Thanks for the help folks. Part of the dilemma was searching the right syntax and key words for this.

Cheers!
    07-24-08 07:45 PM
    You can disable the camera on the curve through the IT policy if you are on BES.
    07-30-08 02:33 PM
    You can disable the camera on the curve through the IT policy if you are on BES.
    Not without some angry end users That may be coming.
    08-12-08 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD