For the past month or so, I religiously check now the opera site and see if they came out with anything new for the Torch/OS6 and still no luck. Any other versions available for the OS6 is jerky and almost impossible to control with the touchscreen or the sense button. It just makes me sad, beause I'm not so fond of the the web browser at all. It's jerky and slow even at 3G places..and I know it's not the service, since I got an iPhone4 as well (for a while) and having the same carrier , it's the same amount of service, and the net is smooth and no hiccups.
    I'm definitely not sure if the Opera would perform better, but it would be a nice alternative anyway.
    10-29-10 11:00 PM
    same with bolt.....its still too buggy
    10-29-10 11:10 PM
    I think this browser is a huge improvement over the OS5 browser. Loads twice as fast for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 12:39 AM
    I think the OS6 browser is great on 284.

10-30-10 01:09 AM
    Try opera mini 5 beta 2. I use it fine on my torch.
    Touch screen responds well, but no double tap or pinch zoom.
    The only issue I have is when not using the touch screen...
    The trackpad will navigate the cursor but a click doesn't register, it does nothing, I have to use the enter key on the physical keybord to select what the cursor is pointing at. Which is fine if I'm typingz, but a bit of a PITA ifi just want to select a small link.
    I only use it for one forum as I NEED real column veiw for that and the new webkit browser just doesnz't render the page in a usable fashion...
    Hang about a mo I'll try and find a link for you to check it out.

10-30-10 02:13 AM
    http://www.yesterberry.com/operette-...fw47/opera.jad

10-30-10 02:17 AM
    I tried the Storm 2 version of Operamini and it works great but I couldn't do pinch and zoom or double tap to word wrap. For now I will pass on operamini, the new BB webkit browser is more then what I need on a phone.
    Last edited by thymaster; 10-30-10 at 03:13 AM.
    10-30-10 03:10 AM
    why would you use opera? didnt you get a torch for the webkit browser like the rest of us?
    11-09-10 02:00 PM
    Just curious, for those with browser issues, are you on the latest leak/release?
    11-09-10 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD