I'm having an issue with my Torch and I'm not sure if it's a general problem; I haven't seen other posts about this specific issue.

I have a Rogers Torch with .246(?) installed. The base OS out of the box.

It has happened a few times. I'm talking on the phone and then pfft. I get the 'no signal' tone and I have no bars. Then a moment later I jump to full bars and the phone cycles through GPS and EDGE before hitting 3G.

Has anyone else had this? Could there be a problem with my radio?
    10-29-10 07:36 PM
    I upgraded mine as soon as I got it. Its not a guarantee it will fix your issue but it does make the device run way smoother, so why not?

I'm having an issue with my Torch and I'm not sure if it's a general problem; I haven't seen other posts about this specific issue.

It has happened a few times. I'm talking on the phone and then pfft. I get the 'no signal' tone and I have no bars. Then a moment later I jump to full bars and the phone cycles through GPS and EDGE before hitting 3G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 07:43 PM
    I think the Rogers Torch released with the most current OS.
    10-29-10 07:53 PM
    Hmmmm...... Sounds like a possible hardware defect. Try changing to a different device software version. If it continues take it back!

10-30-10 07:23 AM
    Do you have another phone handy when this happens to see if its not the carrier or location but actually the device itself? I've had my torch for nearly 2 months now and am in a spotty coverage area but have never had a dropped call, other then when service was spotty.
    10-30-10 07:57 AM
    I'm using the phone the way I used my 8900 and I haven't had a problem until now. This happens when I'm at home, where I usually get 5 bars, and I'm in a busy part of town.
    10-30-10 10:26 AM
    Could it be the time of the day in terms of the volume of traffic and the need for more cell towers?

10-30-10 04:34 PM
    HEY! i got the same problem1!!!
    10-31-10 11:39 PM

Where I live is in a physical area where locations around it get good signal, but my particular location doesn't (near the top of a hill, but on the wrong side for nearby towers). My AT&T Torch had .141 on it. Terrible for signal & BIS. I've upgraded with all the leaks & official builds that I could get since then. Each one has improved something. I'm running the official French carrier release .284 (which has it's own quirks) & have solid signal & BIS, plus great battery life. I've had lots of issues through the upgrades, some attributable to weather damaged towers, some attributable to the need for OS upgrades & fixes. Almost all of it now behind me. But the one thing I never had an issue with was dropped calls. Even with the poor reception that's common to where I live, call quality & strength has been stellar with the Torch. It sounds like you might need to replace the phone.
    11-01-10 01:53 AM
    My Torch does this quite often but I'm always assuming its the network (AT&T) and not the phone considering its happened on almost every phone I've had in recent memory (Bold 9000, Bold 9700, 3GS, iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate, and now my Torch). It happens even when I'm connected to my 3G Micro-cell at home with all bars so who knows....
    11-01-10 08:23 AM

i'm with Rogers and have had issues too! using my Torch in a basement where my 8900 was flawless. getting a replacement tomorrow so i can report back if there is any difference, thanks.
    11-01-10 10:03 AM
    OS 246 here with no problems at all.
    11-01-10 10:25 AM
    My wife and I both have AT&T, she uses Samsung Jack while I just bought the new TOrch when I moved from T-mobile. I have never dropped so many calls before! I like the Torch and don't feel like giving it up. Any suggestions? With my T-Mobile and BB curve I knew exactly where I was going to drop calls. with Torch it is completely unpredictable and moreover, it shows for a while that I am connected and then it drops!

A frustrated BB Fan
    11-01-10 11:02 AM
    Shouldn't happen; could be a faulty unit. Might want to exchange it.

11-01-10 12:45 PM
    Rogers is experiecing downtime with the voice signals today.

Might be the same thing.
    11-01-10 05:35 PM
    Just experienced my first couple of dropped calls with the Torch so I'm a little bemused because I can honestly say that I've never come across this before with any other blackberry that I've owned the 8800 and 9000 more recently.

I was having a problem dialing out a short while before where any calls I tried to make would not connect at all...I thought a battery pull had resolved as I was then able to dial out but now this has happened...I had to call my friend back 4 times in 30 mins because the call kept dropping even with the full amount of bars for signal reception

Any ideas, as this will drive me mad?

Currently running 6.0.0.337 leak OS
    Previous was .284
    Bundled with .246

Could this be a buggy OS issue because only started to experience this today? Any advice appreciated

11-14-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD