This is starting to annoy me.
    Here is my problem:
    Whenever the battery of my Bold 9700 is at around 35% the device turns off and the battery is drained completely. When i charge it via USB, it jumps from 60% to 100% within a second. When I unplug it then, it goes back to 60%.

This is what I tried to fix until now:
    - buy a new battery --> same problem with both
    - install new firmware --> now 5.0.0.862 (newest available for my provider)
    - uninstall all apps that were installed since the problem appeared for the first time --> no effect

What else could I try now? Any suggestions?
    10-29-10 02:32 PM
    Would these batteries happen to be from eBay? Those knock offs are notorious for this kind of behavior.
    10-29-10 04:09 PM
    If you charge your battery every day and never let it drain all the way down (recommended every ~30 charge cycles), than your device's "fuel gauge" can become inaccurate. Never heard of it being this far off though.
    10-29-10 04:26 PM
    No #1 is the original Vodafone gave me with the phone and the other one is a blackberry original too.
    Last edited by Windhundschaeldel; 10-29-10 at 04:30 PM.
    10-29-10 04:27 PM
    Hey, even if it is a blackberry original from ebay this can happen.

I purchased a battery from ebay, it was shipped from Ontario.

It did what you described. I let them know. They sent another one, original blackberry battery. It did the same thing. Traded batteries with my friend. My phone worked perfect and there's started to do that.

My conclusion was that they are selling batteries that didn't pass the test. They are original batteries that have a bad cell.

I have seen 2 batteries fail like this after a year of use so it is how many batteries fail.
    10-29-10 04:39 PM
    I guess you got a bad apple, that's all. Just buy a new one.
    10-30-10 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD