I'm in the process of creating an html app for the Playbook using Dreamweaver CS4, and when compiled it creates a .air file, which then installs my app to my computer and runs like it should. The problem I'm having is getting that to run on the Playbook simulator. I've been reading around on the internet about it only being able to run .bar files, but it appears that only Flash Builder 4 can create .bar files? I'd really like to know what to do with my .air app to get it to run in the Playbook simulator and eventually on the actual Playbook. Help? Please??
    10-29-10 10:28 AM
    It looks like the Playbook SDK can create the .bar files, although I'm a step away from doing that successfully. Look in the Blackberry.com developer site for the Quick Start Guide.
    10-31-10 10:35 PM
    I still haven't figured it out. I pretty much made a website in Dreamweaver, but with the layout of an app and I want it to run as an app on the Playbook. I have found absolutely nothing on the internet on getting the Playbook simulator to run the compiled .air app that Dreamweaver creates, or how to convert that to the proper files to run on the simulator. Just to make it clear, the files that are compiled into the .air file are a few .html files and a folder with images in it. Is there nobody that has information on this?
    11-04-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD