Hey everyone. Introduced myself already and had to post in the dfoeum that, as a reader of CB, has taught me so much.

Had a couple BB's before and an iphone... Since coming back from the iphone I realized how much I missed BB and why I'll never go astray again.

The keyboard on them (piano-key I suppose its called) has blown me away. I went from typing badly when I first got it (had 8300 series so it was more spacious) to personally thinking its the best one I've used.

The evolution of the look of the flagship (or former) qwerty devices has been a great journey IMO.
    The durability of them of course. My 9700 feels like indeed, an extremely stable built device.

Coming back and getting acquainted with the trackpad has been easy and is far preffered.
    And lastly, it does everything I need it to plus some.

I feel it will be an exciting next 10 years or so just watching them continue to evolve.
    10-29-10 09:41 AM
    I removed your 2 other duplicate threads...

Welcome by the way
    10-29-10 09:47 AM
    Welcome back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 09:49 AM
    Thank you for removing them lol. Tmo seems to do that occasionally with texts, emails, and I guess posts at times.

Also what made you decide on the 9700 as your go to, and what did you instantly fall in love with about it. (Besides the fact it looks cooler than Don Magic Juans green pimp boots dipped in gold)
    10-29-10 09:54 AM
    Wrong Yoda was... For down the dark path you went, but returned you have!!

Welcome back. As penitence for your transgressions, we expect fresh pastries and hot coffee every morning from you for a month!

(I prefer Crullers, and I like my coffee with REAL Cream and Splenda!)
    10-29-10 10:08 AM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry! I agree... It's interesting times for RIM and BlackBerry right now... think the next couple of years are going to be VERY exciting!
    10-29-10 10:29 AM
    I totally agree. I just got the Bold 9700 and totally fell in love. It actually looks good in the white. I actually just showed my friend the BOLD as well and of course he got one as well and loves it.

The Best phone ever..
    10-29-10 10:30 AM
    I love these threads. . I went astray as well, but with the Storm2. I just never got over not having a keyboard so I was so glad when I got the opportunity to switch back to the beautiful Bold.

I think that rim will still be pushing keyboard phones long after all others have gone pure touch, simply because they do it best!

10-29-10 10:38 AM
    I think that rim will still be pushing keyboard phones long after all others have gone pure touch, simply because they do it best!
    I hope so! Capacitive Touch screens are unusable to me. I burned my hands when I was younger and my fingertips are just huge callouses. I do OK with a resistive touch screen as my fingers are like a big stylus.

But, the iPhone takes me 4 of 5 swipes sometimes to get it to register and the 9800 is not much different for me.
    10-29-10 10:47 AM
    I started off with the pearl which wasn't good enough for my liking. Then I got the bold 9000 which was ok.. Then I moved to the storm 9550 which was a cool device even though I had a few minor problems at first but I got passed it. Now I'm just like you with the 9700 and that's the best decision I have ever made when choosing a good phone. Its build is very strong. Had no problems since I got it. I'm here for a while although I thought about jumping ship when my storm started to act up but I guess they were too many sharks in the water. Here I am on the bb ship with my 9700 I love it!

10-29-10 11:05 AM
    After two months mostly with Android devices (myTouch 3G Slide and Vibrant) it was like a breath of fresh air returning to my 9700. I couldn't believe how much simpler the most common tasks I do with a phone were and how quickly my keyboard texting came back. I love the coolness of the big touch screen devices, but for functionality, I can't see doing better than the 9700. (OK, maybe the 9780! )
    10-29-10 02:49 PM
    Wrong Yoda was... For down the dark path you went, but returned you have!!

Welcome back. As penitence for your transgressions, we expect fresh pastries and hot coffee every morning from you for a month!

(I prefer Crullers, and I like my coffee with REAL Cream and Splenda!)
    I do concur. I take mine black.
    10-29-10 03:31 PM
    After two months mostly with Android devices (myTouch 3G Slide and Vibrant) it was like a breath of fresh air returning to my 9700. I couldn't believe how much simpler the most common tasks I do with a phone were and how quickly my keyboard texting came back. I love the coolness of the big touch screen devices, but for functionality, I can't see doing better than the 9700. (OK, maybe the 9780! )
    Yeah the 9780 is a great device (of course, its better than mine lol) but my only problem with it is purely cosmetic. I prefer the chrome to the black bezel. I guess they had to differentiate it in some way though.
    10-29-10 04:26 PM
    And I will only serve coffee for 2 weeks.... a month is toooo long guys :P
    10-29-10 04:49 PM
    Can't say I'll never leave Blackberry, but for the immediate future, it's highly unlikely. Can't wait to experience QNX on the PlayBook and a Blackberry phone.

Already welcomed you in your first thread, but again, welcome back!

I like my coffee black please.
    10-29-10 05:04 PM
    I don't see my self leaving BB anytime in the near future too. It just makes my life easier.

Welcome back and i like my coffee strong and black with brown sugar.
    10-30-10 01:11 AM
    Had 8100, 8900, S1 and now the 9700...went astray for a month with Andriod and two different devices in a mytouch3G and Cliq and hated them with a passion, minus the browsing experience.

Reason I came back is the awesome KB, multitasking is 2nd to none with these and best battery life around....oh and a big one, UMA.

Always could use wifi on other devices, but voice, forget about it! Phones are a brick in our apartment on EDGE...even 3G, which my friends iPhone gets, still don't work for ish....unfortunately wife still has her mytouch3G...she loves it!

Will be going on a year with my 9700 here in a couple months. Best phone I have ever owned, period.

Welcome as well OP.

10-30-10 07:16 AM
    This is dumb post and OP,
    What your to dude,

Singing rim songs...
    I like my 9700 but I am really not happy with the kind of moves rim took for this refresh game.
    Common we are waiting for something worth paying.

10-30-10 09:25 AM
    I must confess that I went astray for a while and ventured into the world of Android. It only took a day to realize I made a HUGE mistake but I wanted to be fair and really give it a shot so I stuck it out for two weeks before I came running back to RIM. I had the HTC Aria which was one of two Andriod phones offered by my carrier. I wanted the Torch but cost was a major issue and the Aria was free @ Best Buy Mobile with a new 2yr contract so I went with it. Fortunately I was able to cancel and changed carriers to Sprint and got the 8530 Curve which was a total piece of crap. It was slow,and limited to what could be done as far as apps go. Plus I discovered after the fact it was NOT able to get the OS 6 which is probably why Sprint discontinued it! I switched to the 9330 Curve and it was somewhat better but not by much. I compared the 9330 to the 9700 and the RAM was double plus it was OS6 capable and I could get it for a good price. Well, it wasn't close to the 9700 at all so tonight I did what I originally should have done; I got a Bold 9700 and all is right again. I had a black one before this all started so I got the white one and it looks GREAT! In a way I am glad my company took back my black one. I always thought the white was sharp and when I went to T-Mobile to get it they pulled out a black one first. I then asked if I could have it in white and there was no problem. However if you don't specify you get the black. There is a reason why the 9700 was the flagship device for RIM for so long. It is without a doubt the BEST BB I have ever owned and I am on my 5th one. So,welcome back my friend and how about I bring the coffee & pastries next time!

10-30-10 10:42 PM
    Welcome back OP

10-31-10 02:32 AM
    Ive went from BB to Samsung Jack to Samsung Mythic to Moto Backflip to 9700 to iPhone 4 back to 9700.
    10-31-10 05:45 PM
    Everyone called me an ***** when I sold my iPhone to switch to a BB 9700.

I don't regret it a single bit.
    10-31-10 07:07 PM
    Everyone called me an ***** when I sold my iPhone to switch to a BB 9700.

I don't regret it a single bit.
    I sold my iP4 on eBay for $600 a couple months ago. Good decision on my part. Back to the 9700.
    11-01-10 03:12 PM
    I'll admit that I was somewhat reluctant too, but the iPhone was giving me way too many issues and I needed something new. I love the fact that e-mailing and organization is much easier on my BB; even better, I don't have to jailbreak every single firmware update to be able to customize my themes.

11-01-10 03:47 PM
    I know how you feel, you get a device and it just works for you in every way and more.

I fell for the 9700 when I saw a test device belonging to a RIM trainer whilst at a training course a year ago, it was a good looking device, right size, good feel about it, a positive move forward from the ball model blackberry devices.

However it was not just the device, it was the company, the approach, the solution, the approach the employees have, the knowledge, the whole lot associated with BlackBerry and RIM. I was left with such a positive feeling after one course that I had to see what it was about and that was it.

Simply put, it is the best solution available.

Having seen a 9780, and played with OS6 on a Torch I will get a 9780 and my 9700 will be thrown at eBay. A much loved device that has taught me a huge amount.
    11-01-10 04:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD