I have figured out RIM's plans for the next Storm..... NOTHING.

They are happy to have all Storm 1&2 users switch over to Droid for a couple years until they can come up with a Storm worthy of the competition.

Oh, and did you notice us Storm1 users can't even get some love from CB?! They won't even put a STORM photo in the Storm forum header!!!!

Thanks CB
    10-28-10 08:36 PM
    I have figured out RIM's plans for the next Storm..... NOTHING.

They are happy to have all Storm 1&2 users switch over to Droid for a couple years until they can come up with a Storm worthy of the competition.

Oh, and did you notice us Storm1 users can't even get some love from CB?! They won't even put a STORM photo in the Storm forum header!!!!

Thanks CB
    neither do other devices.....whats your point
    10-28-10 09:38 PM
    Get rid of that dinosaur storm 1 and go get a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 09:42 PM
    I had all the joy I could stand with my BB Storm 1. I was one of the few who actually liked the Storm 1 it seems.
    Having said that, the lack of innovation from RIM, the lack of apps and the slow browser finally took it's toll. I have a DROID X and really enjoy it.
    However, BB still has some features that the "Androids" don't have. The biggest is the ability to directly sync with Outlook. With the Androids, everything is tied to Gmail; while you can import information from Outlook, it's not the same as a direct sync.
    Sooo...guess I'll be a fanboy of Android Central now...but sure enjoyed being a Crackberry fanboy for the past 2 years.
    10-29-10 05:14 AM
    I like my storm, I had one for almost 2yrs just got a replacement cause the screen went out. I'm hoping the next storm is QNX based

10-29-10 07:53 AM
    In two years time, RIM is going to unveil the Storm 3, and it will be identical to the one they planned to release this year. Instead of seeming like a petty, incremental release that doesn't stack up to Android or Iphone, it will BLOW. YOUR. MIND.

Things that Apple and Android still won't think is important, like highly customizable notification settings, effective push email and true enterprise integration are going to take the world BY STORM (and yes they will keep the storm name.) People are going to eat it up; they all just need a chance to try out Anrdoid or an iPhone and experience how consumer-friendly and productivity-unfriendly they are in order to realize how good they had it with BB (even though they might not be able to multitask 50 fart apps or load a web page in under 30 seconds.)

I know I will.
    10-29-10 10:05 AM
    I think that if Verizon continues to trend over to LTE, and if the storm 3 will have LTE that will be a great change over the incremental increases RIM is notorious for. The storm was a great concept for RIM and had it had better hardware to take advantage of the features, then it wouldn't have had such a bad rep attached to it. The next storm I feel should be marketed more towards your average smartphone consumers and be a media power house, but still offer the business side of things.

10-29-10 03:16 PM
    I hope Rims 1st try at tablets to match Apple Ipad is better then their try at touch screen to match I Phone. Storm1 & 2 both obsolete after two years for S1 and 1yr for S2.
    10-29-10 03:23 PM
    Get rid of that dinosaur storm 1 and go get a new phone.

What was I thinking? You're right, I'll just go out and get a new Storm...... oh wait, I forgot, THERE ISN'T ONE!!!
    11-01-10 02:16 PM
    In two years time, RIM is going to unveil the Storm 3, and it will be identical to the one they planned to release this year. Instead of seeming like a petty, incremental release that doesn't stack up to Android or Iphone, it will BLOW. YOUR. MIND.

Things that Apple and Android still won't think is important, like highly customizable notification settings, effective push email and true enterprise integration are going to take the world BY STORM (and yes they will keep the storm name.) People are going to eat it up; they all just need a chance to try out Anrdoid or an iPhone and experience how consumer-friendly and productivity-unfriendly they are in order to realize how good they had it with BB (even though they might not be able to multitask 50 fart apps or load a web page in under 30 seconds.)

I know I will.
    TWO YEARS? PERFECT! It will come right at the end of my Droid contract!
    11-01-10 02:20 PM

I know I will.
    And the princess finally kisses the ugly frog and the frog turned into a shiny, new Blackberry Storm 3!
    11-01-10 02:36 PM
    Do you really think that a multibillion dollar company like RIM is sitting back and planning nothing to protect their market share? Yes, it is taking time, but better to take some time and put out a device(s) that will not only have the "WOW!" factor but also be ready for prime time. The Storm 3 is coming in the new year along with the Playbook. I believe RIM will show us that it has no intention of being left behind, Android and Iphone.

Hey, only a couple of months to go, if the Storm 3 and Playbook take a giant leap forward with QNX and the styling the marketplace demands, all will be good for RIM and BB device users. If not, RIM will be slip sliding away...and be bought out by someone like Cisco.

I for one believe RIM will set the bar much higher than most people think it can and they will once again be the "darlings" of the market.
    11-01-10 02:51 PM
    TWO YEARS? PERFECT! It will come right at the end of my Droid contract!
    You know what they say, timing is everything... And you are gonna FLIP when you see how long the battery lasts!

11-01-10 08:27 PM
    Do you really think that a multibillion dollar company like RIM is sitting back and planning nothing to protect their market share? Yes, it is taking time, but better to take some time and put out a device(s) that will not only have the "WOW!" factor but also be ready for prime time. The Storm 3 is coming in the new year along with the Playbook. I believe RIM will show us that it has no intention of being left behind, Android and Iphone.

Hey, only a couple of months to go, if the Storm 3 and Playbook take a giant leap forward with QNX and the styling the marketplace demands, all will be good for RIM and BB device users. If not, RIM will be slip sliding away...and be bought out by someone like Cisco.

I for one believe RIM will set the bar much higher than most people think it can and they will once again be the "darlings" of the market.
    This is part of the plan... The next round of smartphone lawsuits is about to commence, and rim was clever enough this time to make sure their profits were in the toilet so no one would bother to sue them...

11-01-10 08:30 PM
    I think the next storm will be on a QNX based OS, and will be a smaller version of the Playbook in capabilities. I think the Playbook shows that RIM is aiming high, and I believe the next major device after the Playbook will definitely be the Storm 3, or some form of full touchscreen multimedia aimed device.

I don't always understand why the Storm 9530 gets such a bad rep. Anyone that stuck with the phone and loaded later versions of OS5 knows what a dependable and fast device it can be.
    11-01-10 08:36 PM
    I must be a lucky SOB, because I have had no real issues with my S1, other than being slow, but its not that much slower then the first iphone, so is it really that bad? Would I love a new storm 3(or even a S2 with the wifi's) heck yeah, but I can wait until July when my NE2 is up, and hope there is a really awesome phone out...
    11-02-10 08:18 AM
    I am pretty sure it got a bad rep at launch with all the problems and memory leaks it had. You are right and the later OS 5.0 to be leaked or official were great. But the phone doesn't get compared to the phones that were released around the same time. As of now, it probably runs just as great or better than the first 2 iphones. But too bad it wasn't really at its potential until its eol with Verizon in the us. And now it just doesn't stand up to the speed and capabilities of newer model phones.

11-02-10 09:47 AM
    I am pretty sure it got a bad rep at launch with all the problems and memory leaks it had. You are right and the later OS 5.0 to be leaked or official were great. But the phone doesn't get compared to the phones that were released around the same time. As of now, it probably runs just as great or better than the first 2 iphones. But too bad it wasn't really at its potential until its eol with Verizon in the us. And now it just doesn't stand up to the speed and capabilities of newer model phones.

Apple will face stiff competition from samsung and others with android and windows 7 mobiles. I tried out the droid and windows 7 samsungs. Very fast and fantastic screens.

11-14-10 05:52 AM
    I honestly wonder if the Storm line of phones is even relevant any more now that the 9800 is out.

It seems to me that if you want a touch screen only device then all you have to do is to make a 9800 without the slider keyboard.

The Storm got such a bad reputation in its early days that I do not belive it is a credible device anymore even though the Storm II was a better phone.
    11-14-10 06:12 AM
    I agree that samsung has a few really great higher end devices. I've owned samsung devices in the past, but they always seemed mediocre to me, however the galaxy S series has a lot to offer. I am actually going to get one this december as I am interested in what android and samsung have to offer.

The storm 2 was a huge leap over the storm 1 but it was a bit behind other phone of the time. The users who buy into the storm series are probably not business users, so they want a media powerhouse imo. If RIM caters to those who like blackberry and want the best they should change the storm series to include top of the line mechanics, a better screen, and fast processor. Iphone and the high end Android devices have terrible battery life and nobody is returning them because of. If the future storms are on par but no worse than the competition I think it will be succsesful again

11-14-10 07:53 AM
    There are not going to be anymore Storm's the name is dead at RIM. I don't know what the name of the new touch screen device will be, but I know it won't be Storm 3.
    It will be a great new device, but no QNX, it will be OS6.1. We'll be seeing it out in the spring, not too much longer to wait. I believe most will be very happy with it, specially with the TAT influenced UI.
    01-20-11 02:33 PM
    Monaco Touch:

This phone better come out in the summer!!
    02-07-11 04:47 PM
    im super stoked for this phone...sure it wont have dual cores and 3D display but thats why im buying the Nintendo 3DS on launch day! And ill probs buy this phone a month after release just too see what bugs will ship with the phone cause RIM sucks at makng a perfect OS and I know it will take many OS leaks to fix whatever problems this phone will surely have. I hope they call it the Storm3 and not the BOLD like every blackberry is called these days. This is what ive been waiting for for 3 years now from RIM. Im guessing that it wont actually release until mid fall cause I dont think they are even close to production on this device if weve only seen one live pic of this phone and all other pics are renderd...
    02-13-11 07:03 PM

I know I will.

I cant wait
    02-13-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD