The Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headset is the successor to the S9-HD that was released a little over a year ago i believe. I picked them up at Best Buy for 79.99. It was released on October 24th 2010.
    In the package we have the S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headset, AC charger with mini USB connection, 2 extra ear cups, and of course the manual which is very detailed and includes various languages. The packaging is very nice and everything was safe and secure with a hard plastic shell protecting its contents, Detailed description of the contents was conveniently displayed on the front and the back of the hard plastic packaging.
    Now on to the headset itself. The S10-HD is a wrap around the back of the head style headset that has the power switch directly in the middle of the band that goes around the back of your neck. This is the only switch that is on the back of the unit and its very easy to access when the headset is being worn. The charging port is also on the back of the unit and is covered with a protective rubber flap. The buttons that are located next to each ear piece,are the volume up, and volume down buttons that are next to the left hand earpiece. In between these two buttons is the call button which easily allows you to take calls while listening to music or podcasts. If you do get a call while listening to music the music is automatically paused until the call is finished. Once the call is finished your music or podcast resumes where it left off. Looking at the buttons next to the right side ear piece we have the forward, back, and play/pause buttons. The Microphone is also located here as well. All buttons on the headset are very easy to access, once you have there locations memorized. All the buttons are raised rubber which makes them easy to find by feel, and luckily they don't require too much force to activate there functions.
    Moving on to actual use, I got the unit home and was eager to try them out, but i wanted to charge the unit first. Luckily the S10-HD came pretty much fully charged and i only had to charge them for about a half hour. While charging the LED thats on the back band glows red, and when fully charged glows blue. Syncing the S10-HD was a breeze. Holding the power button on the unit while my BB 9700 was searching for a device worked like a charm. Within moments i was ready to listen to music and podcasts.
    The sound that came from the S10-HD while playing music was excellent. Crystal clear, nice bass, and highs. In my opinion they sound great. Although i never owned any of the previous S model Headsets for comparison, i give this headset high marks on sound quality. You can use the volume controls on the headset to change the volume or you can use your device controls for volume and playback control features. One nice thing that i noticed was that while using the device controls (in my case a 9700) a new volume meter momentarily pops up on the screen with the motorola description under it. Not a big thing, but cool nonetheless! When the volume was cranked up (and these things get loud!!) i did notice a little distortion, but at normal listening levels these things sounded great.
    Now i will comment a little bit about the comfort of this headset. The headset itself feels a little heavy in the hand to me. Its not bad by any means but these things are pretty hefty. You definetely know that you have them on. Once you get them situated on your ears right its not too bad and there definetely not painful, but again, you wont forget that they are there. I found that having the arched piece go over your earloab is the most confortable. I tried having it behind my earloab and that just didnt work out. The piece that goes behind your neck is designed to float and not rest on the bottom of the neck. I didnt have them on for hours on end, but the time that i did have the unit on, the comfort level wasnt too bad. Just dont expect the comfort level of a mono bluetooth headset, like a jawbone or something similar.
    Now on to the Bluetooth range and performance, and this is where this unit really shines. Ive read reviews on the previous S lines with complaints in reguards to the range of the Bluetooth signal. Its pretty safe to say that Motorola did there homework in this area. I paired the thing up, and put on some Cannibal Corpse (ya i know)and took a walk to see how far i could get before i lost the BT signal. Lets just say i got quite a ways. My apartment is on the second floor and i had about 4 walls blocking my signal. Walked outside and got to the other end of the parking lot before i totally lost the signal. I NEVER had a Bluetooth Headset go this far. Im now able to walk around my apartment and outside with my Blackberry sitting on my desk in the home office, all while listening to clear (or almost clear) music! Fantastic. If your worried about Bluetooth range with this headset dont be. Its fantastic! im guessing about 80+ feet before i lost it totally. AWESOME
    A couple final points id like to make on the S10-HD. Motorola says that the headset is sweat proof. Says so right on the box, but i know that this was a problem in the past. I have not worked up a sweat while wearing the unit but looking at the headset itself it looks like it should be pretty sweat proof. Its made of plastic and rubber and it looks like its sealed pretty good, but without a good sweat test i cant really be sure. I also tested the headset with my ipod touch and it worked great as well. Good sound quality, but i didnt give it the range test that i gave it with my BB 9700. I also made and recieved a couple of calls and both callers said the sound quality was excellent, and i found that the sound quality was good on my end too. Very easy to take a call and then go back to the tunes!

All in all this is a great headset. My only complaint is the questionable comfort level, but i guess it all depends on how you fit it on your head and around your neck. The sound quality is great and the bluetooth range is the best that ive seen in any bluetooth headset. A sweat test is still up in the air, but by the looking at the construction (and Motorola's claims) this doesnt look like it should be a problem.

Ill give this headset an 8 and possibly a 9 out of 10!!
    10-28-10 04:39 PM
    Thanks for the review! One question. Is it able to link to more thsan one device. I keep music off my phone and use an mp3 player, so it would be great if I would be able to seamlessly use both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 09:12 AM
    will this work on my 9800
    04-01-11 05:52 AM
    Thanks for the review! One question. Is it able to link to more thsan one device. I keep music off my phone and use an mp3 player, so it would be great if I would be able to seamlessly use both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I use it in my 9800 and my laptop, no issue with either one. It works great though the volume is a little low when you are in a noisy environment. Though that might be the way it fits my ears.
    04-01-11 10:38 AM
    I bought a new Motorola S10-HD and paired it to my Torch. While listening to Pandora, I have to disconnect and reconnect the bluetooth every time a song ends or when I use the phone. I've deleted both listed BT devices and pulled the battery; now it won't pair to the Moto BT, but it will pair to an older Plantronics. Any thoughts on what else to try? Thanks in advance....
    04-24-11 08:08 PM
    UPDATE: Phone is now paired, but still will not remain engaged when a song ends on Pandoraor the phoen is used.
    04-24-11 08:30 PM
    Soultion found: Upgraded to Pandora 1.1.7, found menu option for headset. Seems to have cleared the problem with Pandora losing the headset when a song changes. Another forum thread with Pandora question - auto start? and headphones? title also had some good suggestions upgrading to 1.1.7 doesn't help your situation.
    04-25-11 08:32 PM
    I just bought a Blackberry Playbook and trying to pair it with my Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headset. It shows on my Playbook that the two are paired but the headset will not connect when I play music. Any advice?
    10-16-11 07:32 PM
    Same issue with my playbook. Pairs fine with my Bold but playbook shows that the pairing is successful for not coomunicating with<> arrows.
    Hope we can find a solution. These things rock on the Bold.
    01-02-12 12:45 AM
    Nice review .

can you also update on the real battery life you are getting for the set.?
    01-28-12 02:47 AM
    I have the S9 and have had it playing for 4 1/2 hours with no battery issues so far. Longest I've ever had it on continuously. I agree with all the above posts, great headset. I came on here because I am also experiencing the problem with my playbook. It indicates its paired, but it won't connect and shows no services available. Does the playbook not allow the use of bluetooth headsets?

** Look before you leap....... I searched and found the answer. Not until OS 2.0
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post6445809
    Last edited by rbrooks86; 02-04-12 at 05:12 PM.
    02-04-12 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD