I just received an email from VZW offering an early smartphone upgrade. Last time I checked my NE2 isn't available until June 2011. Has anyone else received this email? How long is it good for?
    10-28-10 03:22 PM
    I'm not sure there really is an expiration date, but I could be wrong. It's common for them to offer an early upgrade after about a year as long as you agree to another two year contract. I got one at the beginning of the year at about the 14 month mark of my previous contract.

Keep in mind that there will almost certainly be an additional early upgrade fee attached to those prices, which I believe is $25.
    10-28-10 03:50 PM
    I think the early upgrade fee is $20. I sign 2 year contracts but apparently spend enough that I qualify for yearly upgrades with the signing of a new 2 year contract.
    10-28-10 05:05 PM
    Small print on the email was as follows...

IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Activation fee/line: $35 ($25 for secondary Family SharePlan� lines w/ 2-yr. Agmts). Subject to Cust. Agmt, Calling Plan, rebate form & credit approval. Up to $175 early termination fee ($350 for advanced devices) & other charges. Add'l $20 upgrade fee may apply. Offers valid for lines listed above only if no upgrade has occurred within the last 180 days. Device capabilities: Add'l charges & conditions apply. Offers & coverage, varying by svc, not available everywhere. While supplies last. Shipping charges may apply. Network details & coverage maps at vzw.com. All company names, trademarks, logos and copyrights not the property of Verizon Wireless are the property of their respective owners.
    10-28-10 05:37 PM
    I got an email offer too.. called VZW rep, she said the offer expires on the 9th of Nov. My NE2 wasn't up yet but i ordered the 9650 anyway..GREAT discount too.. $49.99 but the tax was based on the full retail price.. so about $30.00 in tax.. Still not bad to get it under $100 for a $200 device. Free overnight shipping too, and waived activation fee..
    Last edited by VegasMike71; 11-05-10 at 03:27 PM. Reason: curse word..
    11-05-10 03:20 PM
    Yes second one I've gotten on my Storm2 line since September
    11-05-10 03:23 PM
    Nice. Those are always amazing to get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD