I am switching from an Android to a Blackberry on December 1. I have Sprint as my carrier, and these seem to be the 2 Blackberrys that I am most interested in.
    Why is it that the Bold is so much more expensive than the Curve? What are the differences between the two that warrants the price difference?
    Thanks in advance!
    10-28-10 01:49 AM
    The Bold has a better camera, higher screen resolution, and better keyboard (this is a matter of personal preference). Both are OS 6 capable. You can't go wrong either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 02:41 AM
    To be honest, my favourite device was my little 8310 Curve. I used to take the SIM card out of my 9700 and put it back because I loved the keyboard, the colour and the size.
    I have the 9650 through work, and it's a fantastic device. All the Curves I've held recently feel too plasticky.
    Dwayne basically gave you the difference in specs, but I'm not to keen on making decisions on a spec sheet alone. Look at both them yourself. Specs alone don't give you the full story.
    I love my 9650, it has a very solid feel. And it is a *workhorse* of a device.
    Oh! And the 9650 is a world phone, check to see if the Curve is.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 10-28-10 at 03:18 AM.
    10-28-10 03:15 AM
    Yep I think it is going to be a bit difficult for me. It is even harder when I can get the Curve 3G for $50, and the Bold is $200. We'll see!
    10-29-10 12:59 AM
    A very kind friend of mine sent me her old Curve 8330. I have been using for the past couple of months, and I love it!
    The problem is that the camera is terrible, and the internet browsing on it is sub par.
    So I was going to get the Curve 3G, but after playing around with it in the Best Buy store... I am not so sure. It feels very cheap. I guess that is why it is currently free (it was $50, but I JUST looked it up online, and now it is free on Sprint). I honestly like how the 8330 feels.
    I tried the Bold 9650, and I like the solid feel of it. I also like the fact that it has a much better camera on it. I am not really a fan of the keyborard though. I like how the keys are laid out on my current Curve 8330.
    And the Style? It is pretty cool, but... I don't know. I REALLY don't like the flip phone look. I like the traditional Blackberry look.
    Anyone else love the style?
    02-04-11 11:14 PM
    If you got the bucks go for the 9650, It's a better phone. And I personally don't like the Style.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    02-05-11 02:04 PM
    The Bold 9650 is also a 'World' phone in that it has the capability to be used on GSM networks with it's SIM card. I recommend the 9650 as mine has shown great call quality and durability.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    02-05-11 03:03 PM
    I wonder how long it will take for the price to drop on the Bold. It is currently $179.99 at Best Buy.
    Maybe it will drop a bit more soon!
    02-05-11 08:59 PM
    It's a little bit expensive. How much is the 9300?
    02-05-11 09:33 PM
    Well I would get the 9650 if the funds allowed it. You're investing some cash but you will be stuck with it for a couple years most likely. The camera is far superior and its an all around better made device. The Curve is good don't get me wrong, but you'll be much happier with the Bold in the long run.

You'll also get more money for it when you sell it which will come in handy if you sell early for one of the new devices later this year.

That said, welcome to BB and feel free to stick around more than anyone should (we all do lol)

02-05-11 09:57 PM
    Well I would get the 9650 if the funds allowed it. You're investing some cash but you will be stuck with it for a couple years most likely. The camera is far superior and its an all around better made device. The Curve is good don't get me wrong, but you'll be much happier with the Bold in the long run.

You'll also get more money for it when you sell it which will come in handy if you sell early for one of the new devices later this year.

That said, welcome to BB and feel free to stick around more than anyone should (we all do lol)

True! I guess I will just save up for the Bold! I was wondering how it works with the os 6?
    02-06-11 12:05 AM
    I'll agree with everyone else and say the Bold is the better phone, but don't dismiss the Curve series. It's a good value. You get a lot of bang for the buck in my opinion.

When I got my BlackBerry last year I **-hummed back and forth much like you. In the end I chose the Curve because it does all the same things that the Bold will do (except world roaming). Runs the same apps, uses same browser, etc.

I just couldn't make myself spend the extra cash do it all a little faster. The Bold's screen is nicer too but I really can't complain about the Curve's. I watch video all the time with no trouble. The camera differences are obvious. Pictures are more important to some people than others.

Of course the final decision has to be made by the person who is opening the wallet.

As posted earlier. You can't go wrong either way.

02-06-11 06:30 AM
    Honestly for the money, nothing wrong with the Curve 9300 and runs os6, which is a nice change. Faster internet surfing and UI is laid out nice and will have a trackpad over trackball, which IMO is worth it alone.

Not to mention you said you like the Curve keyboards.

9650 is a nice phone though and like others said is a World phone and if do a ton of traveling might be better off with something like that.

If not, nothing wrong with the 9300 IMO anyway. I run a 9700, similar to the Style keyboard, but dam is it fugly! If you had a 9700, I would recommend that in a nano second! Best phone I have ever used, but not on Sprint.

Good luck and until then, keep on with the trusty 8330. Heck if you really can keep going, hold onto that 8330 until these new BB's hit, which should be summer.

02-06-11 06:47 AM
    The better camera on the Bold is a bit of a deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I would grab the Curve 9330 and be done with it. I take alot of pictures with my cell, because it is convenient for me to carry one thing instead of two.
    I heard about those new BB's. I was reading up on them, but I was having trouble trying to understand what was up. Are they touch screen? Anything else I can find out?
    02-07-11 12:41 AM
    The Bold 9650 is a better device. Higher screen resolution and keyboard. Overall a better built device.
    02-07-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD